Lieutenant
# 1 Awesome
07-26-2012, 07:36 AM
Ok, so I'm going to show my entire NON-nerdness and say that I really have no idea how I got this thing, I just flew by the seat of my pants. I was going through ships to pick for my advancement to admiral (what everone that is), and I looked at the deep space science vessal. Since it was the least flown ship, I picked it. I set it up with damage dealing tac abs, healing eng abs, and lastly, mostly damage and slowing sci abs. I called it the dawn treader (look for it in sector space, the ship is beautiful, 'specially with the paint job).

Foward array:
Turret (tetry)
Duel beams(tetry)
Quantum torp

Aft:
Cloaked tracker mines
Plasma mines
Turret (tetry)

This may seem like a boring build...but...(well, the beam overload on the tetryon duel beam array looks like the photonic cannon from voyager)
It is a really fun ship to fly. Why? Because most of my abilities involve slowing or disabling my opponent and then deal damage to him in creative ways. I almost feel sorry for the jemmies when i tracker, matrix, grav well, and mine them to deal.

Any comments on this unintentional build?
Commander
# 2
07-26-2012, 07:56 AM
if it is effective, then my all means continue to own those dastardly jemmys >.> but i would like to know a little more on specs if possible.
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Lieutenant
# 3
07-26-2012, 08:14 AM
Basically, I invested evenly amoung all skills and threw a little more into tanking than the rest.

I am a tac captian, so that means I have lots of nice damage dealing abilites.

Tac abilities:
Beam overload 1st
Dispersal pattern beta 2nd

Sci 1(commander):
Science team 1st
Polarize hull 2nd
grav well (or tykins rift)
Viral matrix

Sci 2:
Jam sensers
Tackyon beam (shield drain)
The well or rift

Engineering:
Engineering team
reverse hull polarity
+ power to sheilds (seperate officer)

Anything else you need to know?
Commander
# 4
07-26-2012, 08:27 AM
pretty solid build. the ability to piss off a klingon and jemmy intruges me, if you want a little more assistance, Mav has a great guide for Science users.

But The rift doesnt seem to be as effective as it was S1. it was nerfted LOOOONG time ago and you might wana look for something else
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up
Lieutenant
# 5
07-26-2012, 08:48 AM
I don't use it so much for its damage as the ability to ensnare the ships. I have often use it for that purpose of my build is (sorry) traps. It's all designed to get opponents at a weakend state so that they can be easily finished off. It's worked with most of the ships I have come across, from cubes to klingons (although everything is effective against klingons).

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...=Dawntreader_0

Here is the link for my build.