Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Career Officer
# 11
07-26-2012, 09:01 AM
Fleet ships maybe a test run for per character ship unlocks. If it is they will be disappointed in me, but not the person I bought the FSM from the exchange from. FSM should of been Dili, that way people could grind in game for it, same with Fleet SB, it may be using all in game grind materials, but you can buy a lot of it with ZEN (DOFFs and Dili).
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Career Officer
# 12
07-26-2012, 09:08 AM
I don't think they are stupid enough to do that... At least not for the ones who already have account wide unlocks.

In the future... Of cause... That's what makes their little greedy hearts pump... Sorry... Not Hearts... Wallets.

It's pretty obvious that all that held these changes back in the first place back in the days was Atari... They may have been sloppy, but at least their greed had limits.
Cryptic was waiting for this
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
07-26-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyeto13 View Post
Well, in reality, who buys a ship for ALL there characters? If you have a Klingon, you can't fly the Oddy anyways. You have tune each ship to the character. Some ships do not mesh well with different play styles or toons. An MVAE would work well for a tactical officer, but my sci toon would miss all the science boff slots my LRSV-retro has.

And again, money wise, it makes sense for them to make more money off us. More money=More game. So everyone wins.
In reality most people do with in the same faction, first you must realise when people say account wide they mean for the faction as in all fed characters or all there klingon characters , there not talking about cross faction items, secondly a majority of players fly different types of ships on same character, we use same costume peaces on same character and so on, the masses like haveing the stuff they buy to be able to use on all there characters of that faction
Lieutenant
# 14
07-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Now you see the flaw in the free to play model. All development goes to the cash shop. Actually playing the game becomes pointless.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
07-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
I don't think they are stupid enough to do that... At least not for the ones who already have account wide unlocks.

In the future... Of cause... That's what makes their little greedy hearts pump... Sorry... Not Hearts... Wallets.

It's pretty obvious that all that held these changes back in the first place back in the days was Atari... They may have been sloppy, but at least their greed had limits.
Cryptic was waiting for this
no but what they will do , which they have allread done is change the items from now one that are purchased per character and not account wide which they have allready done on a few things in the past.
Career Officer
# 16
07-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmerzan View Post
no but what they will do , which they have allread done is change the items from now one that are purchased per character and not account wide which they have allready done on a few things in the past.
Name them... To my knowlege the items that used to be account-wide unlocks have remained so for thoose who have purchased them.

Yes... anyone who buys a new version of said items get pr-char, but that dosen't change that thoose who originally got account-wide items, still has them.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
07-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikenstein1 View Post
Now you see the flaw in the free to play model. All development goes to the cash shop. Actually playing the game becomes pointless.
Yeap this is the very bad part of free to play , and which will force player such as myself to switch to free to play if we dont get some bang for our bucks soon, i am going to stay gold till the 1000 day vet reward then will prob switch to free to play if they dont do something to make it worth while for me to pay every month, Cause if most things go to per character my $15.00 a month fee will buy alot of zen every month.
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
07-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Name them... To my knowlege the items that used to be account-wide unlocks have remained so for thoose who have purchased them.

Yes... anyone who buys a new version of said items get pr-char, but that dosen't change that thoose who originally got account-wide items, still has them.
you missunder stood what i am saying yes if you had allready purchased it it stayed account wide but the same item bought by some one else now is per character, i can remember for the life of me whic it was , but it happened back about the time they went f2p, P.S. im old can remember like i use to lol
Career Officer
# 19
07-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmerzan View Post
you missunder stood what i am saying yes if you had allready purchased it it stayed account wide but the same item bought by some one else now is per character, i can remember for the life of me whic it was , but it happened back about the time they went f2p, P.S. im old can remember like i use to lol
Then we agree... And TBH, I am fine with it... Why? Because I have the items, and what happens to others is not really anything of my concern...

Each and every time they release a pr-char unlock, it means they release something I won't be buying...
Career Officer
# 20
07-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Other games function successfully in selling things per character. Why can't STO?

Anyway, I hope the mods correct your topic title. You've decided to worry people unnecessarily in how you worded it.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*