Career Officer
# 91
07-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrek1wars View Post
No more real money for these suits . . . but I'll spend my leftover c-points and some dilithium for these, definitely. Awesome! I really can't wait to fight in these!
hehe... Must be a PW employee in disguise.

Add my no to the list. I spend real money on a lot of things in this game, but not this.
Career Officer
# 92
07-26-2012, 03:53 PM
It is nice to see canon environmental suits in the game, and they certainly do look great. However, as other have already noted, they are over-priced and the fact that they are per character items further diminishes whatever redeeming qualities the suits themselves may have.
Career Officer
# 93
07-26-2012, 04:02 PM
To the artist/artists that designed the suits:
They look great, you really did an amazing job on them. Seriously.

To the person/people who decided the pricing/single unlock:
Get off my bridge.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Career Officer
# 94
07-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
I love the design of these suits, I really do.

But 700 Zen per character is just insane. Who thought this would be a good idea?

I could accept 700 Zen for ACCOUNT wide unlock, but per char? No.

I think somewhere between 300-500 zen would be much more in the right direction for per char unlock.

I want a suit, but the one from the Tholian missions will serve me just as well, and that one is FREE
The sad thing is, I think a per character unlock would work.

I would want a handful of thing to consider it at 700 ZEN per character:

1. Physical damage bonus (for recreating Worf in EV suit fun; it's not an imbalancing extra since people won't get that along with the energy bonus)

2. Built in Remodulator (completely impractical for an EV suit until we fight Borg in hostile environments but fairly true to canon... just make it a touch longer than the STF set bonus remod)

3. EV suit costume unlock, helmeted and helmetless options, one patch of color to customize on the costumes.

4. 5 to a pack. The packs can be sold. When opened, the suits are bound. This would enable outfitting away teams of BOs in them. It would not likely DECREASE sales since they still are locked to the character who opens them but it would INCREASE sales due to perception of value. You rarely NEED to outfit BOs in EV suits so nobody would buy them for that but the OPTION to makes these sound like a better value per purchase because then it becomes 140 ZEN per suit with the spares only usable on BOs.

These are not dramatic changes. They are unlikely to cost sales and very likely would increase them if the 700 ZEN and per character parts are set in stone.
Lieutenant
# 95
07-26-2012, 04:12 PM
So I have to say that I love the new suits. Great job by the design team, massive kudos to all involved. After I DL'ed the patch, I looked at my account and found that after purchasing my Delta Flyer yesterday, I had 725 Zen left over. I'm one of those freaks that only has one character so I said Frak it. and it looks awesome.

Thank you Cryptic.
Career Officer
# 96
07-26-2012, 04:23 PM
At 700 Zen ($7.00 U.S.) - IF these were for an account wide unlock (as the majority of other C-Store costumes are - and in the end, that's EXACTLY whay these are as you can get the old style suits with better stats in game in the Nukara invasion) - AND I could make any better EVA suit I acquired look like these FC EVA suits in the tailor; I'd probably pick them up.

However - $7.00 per character? Really? I gthoughbt Cryptic said PWE was NOT going to force aspects of the Eastern F2P on Cryptic; becuase a $7.00 per character unlock is EXACTLY the type of thing I would expect tpo see in an Eastern MMO cash shop.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."

Last edited by crypticarmsman; 07-26-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: typo on the Zen amount corrected
Republic Veteran
# 97
07-26-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrican View Post
So I have to say that I love the new suits. Great job by the design team, massive kudos to all involved. After I DL'ed the patch, I looked at my account and found that after purchasing my Delta Flyer yesterday, I had 725 Zen left over. I'm one of those freaks that only has one character so I said Frak it. and it looks awesome.

Thank you Cryptic.
/facepalm

Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS."-- Grant Morrison
Ensign
# 98
07-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrican View Post

Thank you Cryptic.
There's 1 L in every crowd
Commander
# 99
07-26-2012, 05:25 PM
Quote:
I wonder, where are the Cryptic / PWE defenders now.
didn't you read the comments on that page? they're sitting there accusing people of being 'whiny' calling people 'cheap' calling them rude, spoiled brats and, oh yes, calling them nazis

how is it they keep getting away with this kind of thing? telling people to shut up or leave is unacceptable, calling them a nazi is not only unacceptable, its a crime in several countries.

Quote:
These EV suits are cosmetic
No, they're not. They don't call them 'combat EV suits' for no reason.

Quote:
These are not required to win or do well
This is not an argument for them in any manner whatsoever. this is you trying to make excuses

Quote:
But there is no reason to get upset over a small piece of fluff
Thats what every apologist says about every act cryptic has done and every item they have released. It is not an excuse and this is not fluff. To say nothing of the fact its another piece of a much larger load of bs they've been pulling lately

Quote:
Vote with your wallet
Which does absolutely nothing because no matter how many or how few are sold cryptic will hide the actual figures and claim they were successful

Quote:
There's 1 L in every crowd
Yes, and more often than not they are in some way working for the company in situations like this

It'll be a cold day in hell, when satan skates to work, bush gets the nobel peace prize, 7-11 cheeseburgers become edible and Hitler rises from the dead and converts to orthodox judaism, before I even consider buying one of these things
Career Officer
# 100
07-26-2012, 05:25 PM
Smithers : Mr.Burns sir, PWE has released the new Combat EV Suit's.

Mr.Burns : How much are they, Smithers?

Smithers : 700 Zen per character.

Mr. Burns : Release the hounds....

>=3