Career Officer
# 121
07-26-2012, 11:01 PM
I can only speculate that the only way to impress upon PWE which of their models won't work in Cryptic game communities, is to throw the PWE method up. So that it can be seen to fail.

This is one of those moments that I hope does indicate that we may be more representative of the active player base. At least more so than is typically thought. Even if so, it may be a while for us to see that influence.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Career Officer
# 122
07-26-2012, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
Has to be another PWE employee I've heard of these scams make one person buy it and the rest will follow.
However not all STO players are sheep
I don't think so. The player's reasoning is sound for someone with only one character. The question is, though, are single character player's more common than those of us with two or more characters? That will decide if account-wide unlocks are worth the company reconsidering.

STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Captain
# 123
07-26-2012, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post

I don't think so. The player's reasoning is sound for someone with only one character. The question is, though, are single character player's more common than those of us with two or more characters? That will decide if account-wide unlocks are worth the company reconsidering.

I have one fed character and one KDF character and not really in a rush to buy more due to the amount of bugs with each faction but 700 Zen per toon just for a good looking environmental suit is just not worth it.

I think the funny thing is in this forum so far there has only been two people who seem to have bought it.

This is going to sting PWE's bank account lol
Captain
# 124
07-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post

I have my Fed main plus a seldom-used Kling alt, so I suppose I'll count as having one toon for all intents and purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
I think the funny thing is in this forum so far there has only been two people who seem to have bought it.
On that note, it'd be interesting to note what the proportion of forumers are to non-forumers, and what percentage of the latter have been suckered into paying a King's Ransom for this.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Republic Veteran
# 125
07-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Any sign of a dev/voice piece for PWE about this debacle.... Nope,thought not.

Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS." <------> Grant Morrison
Ensign
# 126
07-26-2012, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinead51 View Post
Any sign of a dev/voice piece for PWE about this debacle.... Nope,thought not.
Now why would they say anything but we have been here before .. SNIFF SNIFF
is that lets bleed them before we sell Smell!!!
Career Officer
# 127
07-26-2012, 11:57 PM
I'm also going to join the "no" train here. 700 zen for a character unlock, with generally unimpressive stats and can only be claimed once? Nope. Not worth it. If you're going to price the First Contact EV suit that high, then it needs better stats, it needs to be an account wide unlock, and I need to be able to claim a replacement if I somehow lose it.

People don't like being ripped off like this.
Survivor of Romulus
# 128
07-27-2012, 12:00 AM
for each forum user there are hundreds who don't come here

for every VA there are several lts who never made lt com as well
Captain
# 129
07-27-2012, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
for each forum user there are hundreds who don't come here

for every VA there are several lts who never made lt com as well
Where did you get your numbers from?

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
# 130
07-27-2012, 12:06 AM
I think he was giving a estimate as loads of people join forums and then never check on them. I now don;t check the Civ V forum I have for another game. And some people who bought the LTS may not have liked the game or hated the idea of FTP before they became a certain rank but I believe Lt Cmdr may be a bit low as you can level up to VA very quickly