Career Officer
# 141
07-27-2012, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
Or if it came in a pack of five to outfit your whole away team with.
Or account-wide unlock. Make it Unique, like ships? I honestly don't care if it was restricted to one per alt, at the very least it has to justify that price tag.

$7 for a single-character single-unpack? That weapon you're mugging me with had better be made of pure Lobi.
Survivor of Romulus
# 142
07-27-2012, 01:50 AM
This is a joke and a outrage really, totally disgusting of you Craptic, new low even for you, fvck the players huh, seriously thanks a lot.

NO
Career Officer
# 143
07-27-2012, 02:15 AM
I had a purple EV suit drop in the Tholian missions and I have 5 or6 blue ones that have dropped, now why would I buy one @ 700 Z that is of lower performance for only one toon? I have 2 feds and 2 Klinks which one is my primary so 2800 Z for the four I do not think so not even on a whim.

Give yourselves a bunch of bad negative Zen/Karma for this idea. You will find that most players will not take being robbed kindly and you will kill the game with greed, as for the ones with more money than brains, nowadays they are just not that common unless they are 12 years old and have access to mommie's purse.

Thus my suggestion is give players real value for their money and give access to products that are better than what drops in the game. You will find that people will stick with you and this game will last and only grow better and gain a larger player base in the years to come if the suggestions are unheeded then read the 15 pages of replies that proceed this one a few times......

Last edited by diabolicaltroop; 07-27-2012 at 05:36 AM.
Captain
# 144
07-27-2012, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolicaltroop View Post
I had a purple EV suit drop in the Tholian missions and I have 5 or6 blue ones that have dropped, now why would I buy one @ 700 Z that is of lower performance for only one toon? I have 2 feds and 2 Klinks which one is my primary so 2800 Z for the four I do not think so not even on a whim.

Give yourselves a bunch of bad negative Zen/Karma for this idea. You will find that most players will not take being ***** kindly and you will kill the game with greed, as for the ones with more money than brains, nowadays they are just not that common unless they are 12 years old and have access to mommies purse.

Thus my suggestion is give players real value for their money and give access to products that are better than what drops in the game. You will find that people will stick with you and this game will last and only grow better and gain a larger player base in the years to come if the suggestions are unheeded then read the 15 pages of replies that proceed this one a few times......
Great post and this is exactly what's going on in STO now. It will be up to "the management" if they want to grow with a steady income from a supportive community (as it was before F2P) or to destroy their existing playerbase and rely on impulse purchases and high turnover.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Lieutenant
# 145
07-27-2012, 03:02 AM
i prefer the stats on most of the suit drops im getting now as opposed to the shiny shiny they are hawking on the c store
Starfleet Veteran
# 146
07-27-2012, 03:25 AM
I'm not wanting to pile on, as I already said my piece. Just wanted to reply to the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
I love the Art Team's work.
QFT. You guys are great! Keep up the good work, and maybe even send a whisper or two up the chain that marketing may be squandering the golden oppurtunities you've handed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfmudd View Post
In the immortal words of Artie Johnson:

"Verrry interestink.... but schtupid."
Omfg, hfmudd and Laugh-In ftw!!! I love star trek fans.
Career Officer
# 147
07-27-2012, 06:10 AM
I heard the term used Chinese Ferengi overloards, it sounded pretty fitting, my feedback is that I think the stats are terrible, the per character is unacceptable, anymore than 100 is ridiculous for a per character unlock, the price is outrageous. The art is good, but a transparent face shield would have been nice.

Final answer: no overpriced, not a account unlock, we are getting ced up with being nickeled and dimed to death= boycott

Now you know why the Borg do not assimilate Feregni =Pwe

Thank you, I hope someone down there starts to "get it"

Last edited by palpha2clearance; 07-27-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Lieutenant
# 148
07-27-2012, 06:38 AM
I've made a comment or two about a couple of these recent things, but not sure with this.

They do look nice and yes the art people did a good job.
There were some people who were hoping for the standard Starfleet EVA suits to be put out. So I don't fault them for doing just that.

I just feel that they should not be trying to sell what should be basic kit in the c-store.
Then again I think if you own the Defiant for example you should get the bridge. Not be charged extra for it. Having the bridge as a purchase for those who do not own the ship, ok as long as it isn't overpriced.

A item you can replicate, that has basic stats. Then they could have made a +1 version or something if they wanted to. I've given up on the idea of stores not selling powered items or such. Gone are the days of selling just unique costumes and such.

I don't think anyone is stupid or such, I just feel this was not the correct way to do it.

So no, I would not buy this 1 character 1 use item.
Lt. Commander
# 149
07-27-2012, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by palpha2clearance View Post
I heard the term used Chinese Ferengi overloards, it sounded pretty fitting, my feedback is that I think the stats are terrible, the per character is unacceptable, anymore than 100 is ridiculous for a per character unlock, the price is outrageous. The art is good, but a transparent face shield would have been nice.

Final answer: no overpriced, not a account unlock, we are getting ced up with being nickeled and dimed to death= boycott

Now you know why the Borg do not assimilate Feregni =Pwe

Thank you, I hope someone down there starts to "get it"
I wouldnt hold out on any hope for that happening. Basically ever.

Just remember where they are coming from. "Boss-man" says jump, you ask how high. You dont ask fast enough, you get a love tap with an ak-47 round.

Also, its completely impossible for them to EVER admit they screwed up. The entire system is based around the "Boss-man" always being right. They are like a 5 year old that gets caught in a lie. They just keep lying even more trying to bare-face their way out. They never realise that it will never work and their only chance was to just admit it ages ago and then everything would be done and over with.
Career Officer
# 150 The Sad Thing is...
07-27-2012, 07:30 AM
The sad thing is, the only lesson PWE will take away from this is NOT that they put a vanity item at a silly price point, but that they gave away/made available other EV suit options too easily. Lesson learned.

What makes me the saddest is that THIS particular item is such a diversion from their normal pricing scheme. What happen guys?