Career Officer
# 161
07-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
I normally will buy anything, even if I'm not that interested I'll probably pick it up.

but I'm not buying this, which pains me as I really wanted it. The artists did a good job and I feel a little sorry for him that people are turned away by someone elses bad decision.

Maybe I'll get one on the exchange if I manage to scrape together the EC but I'm not impressed with the pricing for a per character item.
This sums up my thoughts! Reading through this thread. I have to say, it's about time everyone finally took a stand against this price gouging crap and per toon purchases!
Starfleet Veteran
# 162
07-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrican View Post
does not subscribed to your hive mind and this is the only way you can justify
Good; enjoy your time and your money how you see fit. I don't think anyone here would debate that you have the right to do as you will.

However, I find it funny that you describe those of us saying "no" to this ridiculous pricing and blatent slap-in-the-face by PWE as the "hive mind." That is generally reserved for the flocks of sheep and mobs of lemmings who go, "OOOH SHIIIINY!" and drop cash on a whim.

I think our point is this: we (the aforementioned "hive mind," in your words) seem to all pay for certain items, but THIS one is too much for too little - and is, quite simply, an insult to the players who DO support STO monetarily as well as by creating the fan/player base.

Lastly, this is a hobby to a great many folks. As such, they DO have stake in the game, its play, and its outcome, and have every right to state their feelings, insights, and suggestions here - that's why these forums exist. Not deluded enough to think the Devs read every entry (especially ones that need a publisher and/or a page count...), but I know they do pay some attention to things said herein.

Incidentally, when they start selling bridges with players' names on them in the Z-store, well, I hope you enjoy that one, too...

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)

Last edited by clannmac; 07-27-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Career Officer
# 163
07-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Brilliant idea nerfing the one ground mission that had the best chance to incentivize the new combat EV suits.
Career Officer
# 164
07-27-2012, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't mind an original series EVA suit like Kirk and Spock had in the "Tholian Web" episode...
Starfleet Veteran
# 165
07-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptiecop View Post
I wouldn't mind an original series EVA suit like Kirk and Spock had in the "Tholian Web" episode...
That would be awesome. What about adding this option to the current EV suit offering? Might take SOME of the bad taste out of everyone's mouth from this fiasco.
Captain
# 166
07-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrican View Post
TL;DR troll about us being sheep for not wanting to be ripped off.
How nice for you.

Protip: If you expect people to read a wall-o-text argument, don't lead into it with abuse in the first paragraph.

Last edited by beezle23; 07-27-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Captain
# 167
07-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle23 View Post
How nice for you.

Protip: If you expect people to read a wall-o-text argument, don't lead into it with abuse in the first paragraph.
QFT.

Back to the discussion at hand, yeah, 700 Zen is too expensive, after all, even the weapon pack is almost a Quarter of that. If it were the same price as the weapon pack, or redonkculously good stats to warrant the massive price tag, it would have sold much better. Why? Cause then I would have bought one. Not at the moment however.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 168
07-27-2012, 07:47 PM
im just wondering are they effective against thoalin's?
Starfleet Veteran
# 169
07-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormangel2001 View Post
im just wondering are they effective against thoalin's?
Certainly, or, at least, almost as well as the ones that drop for free according to the stats...

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Rihannsu
# 170
07-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Why these weren't the costumes for the Lobi versions I have no idea?!?