Career Officer
# 21
07-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Character unlock is of no interest to me. Even at account wide, 700 is pretty steep in my opinion, and I'm sitting on months of my accumulated stipend.

I was interested till I saw the price and 'character unlock only'. Obviously the sales stats will be the primary feedback on this one, but for me personally this is a no go.

For Ship Charts and Videos - STARFISH1.CO.UK
Captain
# 22
07-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrevt1100 View Post
Same here. 700 account unlock yes. 700 per toon. No.
700 account unlock NO, not for a simple EV suit.

All the Costume Packs in the game (which gives far more "customization" than a simple EV suit), cost 550 Zen. And they ARE account wide.

At 700 Zen PER CHARACTER, you're just shooting yourselves in the foot. But I suppose at this point, that's really all Cryptic/PW is interested in: Milk STO for as much as they can, until the well runs dry. Then it's off to Neverwinter, to milk some more.
Captain
# 23
07-26-2012, 10:45 AM
As a single-character-only unlock.........yeah.

But, credit where credit is due, from a technical and aesthetic standpoint, they are beautiful, especially the Klingon one. My compliments to the designer, they've done some wonderful work.
Lieutenant
# 24
07-26-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm pleased to say that it looks like your customer base is finally standing together, with the message that constantly dreaming up new ways to fleece your player base without providing much needed fixes / content to the game will not be tolerated. I think up to my post, it is a unanimous NO to this latest attempt to part us from our money and that fact brings me hope that maybe PWE will at last listen.

I think this guy says it best :-

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post

Please pass along to anyone who will listen the following. I think I speak for many players when I say.

1) We want account unlocks.
2) We do not want "power" sold in the c-store.

The per-character unlocks for pets and BOFFs was not that big of a deal, but cosmetic items costing $7 a character? Forgettaboutit!
The user formerly known as DogsBody.
Here before PWE (and hopefully) here long after PWE is gone.

What this game needs is PvP, NOT PWE.
Ensign
# 25
07-26-2012, 10:59 AM
700? not a chance! Sorry, but the first thought through my head was greed!
Rihannsu
# 26
07-26-2012, 11:00 AM
The way they decided to put the EV suit for 700 Zen you probobly should have done this:

Added it as a chance item in the Reinforcements Doff packs..

Perhaps add in a small amount of Lobi Crystals, like 1 or 2..

People would buy that over 700 Zen.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Career Officer
# 27
07-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I would buy this if and only if buying it meant I could use it in the Foundry on NPC costumes.
I could see them putting it in the Foundry for NPCs or the players to use...eventually.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BuffyFanForever/Misc%20Pics/CustomSizeforSTOSignatureImagesSelection3.jpg
Career Officer
# 28
07-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Had they been account wide, I would have scooped these up quicker than I could consider the price, but at that price per character, no thanks.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Rihannsu
# 29
07-26-2012, 11:14 AM
I normally will buy anything, even if I'm not that interested I'll probably pick it up.

but I'm not buying this, which pains me as I really wanted it. The artists did a good job and I feel a little sorry for him that people are turned away by someone elses bad decision.

Maybe I'll get one on the exchange if I manage to scrape together the EC but I'm not impressed with the pricing for a per character item.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
07-26-2012, 11:15 AM
I for one would LOVE to have the suit because it looks so much better than the old, beat up looking ones we get to wear now BUT I won't be unless one of three things happens:

1. Upgrade it to the new ultra rare and add a personal shield and weapon and make it into a set, with proper set bonuses.

2. Substantially lower the price. I mean seriously, I have 4 characters that I regularly play and you expect me to hand over 2800 Zen for just an EV suit? Not going to happen...

3. Make it unlock account wide for ALL characters on an account - Fed and KDF both.

It's never a good sign for a game when the powers that be in charge of a game start to become too greedy for their own good. (I'm looking at you PW...)

If this continues this game will be dead in less than a year.
My main character is T'Les which was also my former forum name and I want it back! Hylarr is one of my alts.