Lt. Commander
# 51
07-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenovita View Post
hahaha, yes.

And they will say to us:

"Sorry, I cannot hear your complaints due to the magnificence of my new EV Suit..."

They are buying them to sell, for the most part. Just like people buy master keys not because they want to open boxes, but because they want to sell em for EC.

Sure, there are going to be some weirdos with more money than brains and no spine at all who go "AH MY GAWD, our Chinese Overlords have given us the opportunity to give them more money and have deigned to give us something alright looking in return, even if it is only marignally better (or in some cases worse) than what we can get for free, Ill definitely buy THAT!!"

But those weirdos are going to be the minority.
Career Officer
# 52
07-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denizenvi View Post
I might give the exchange a look in a week or two
I'll bet you this is Cryptic's plan. People interested in easy EC's will buy these, sell them on the exchange, and everyone wins. If you consider the price of keys atm, the exchange price will end up around 15M EC's. Does that price sound more reasonable for a character unlock EV suit?
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Starfleet Veteran
# 53
07-26-2012, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drasketo View Post

But those weirdos are going to be the minority.
Or, at least, one would hope...

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Career Officer
# 54
07-26-2012, 12:03 PM
LTS myself and this is a hell nooo

First the SB grind fest to get the things u need for it, or pay to get them an in my eyes thats gonna generate money for cryptic alone with doff packs being needed/wanted.

ALL my unlocks on ym account are ACCOUNT wide apart from a few things aside per toon i earned ingame, i.e. scarf's, the new sash for TNG.

This is a TOP END SCALE INSANE move by the PWE overlords.

THESE SUITS SHOULD OF BEEN IN THE GAME OR MADE AVAIL TO PURCHASE FROM THE BEGINING OF USING SPACE WALK/DILITHIUM mining.

but no we're given shody boiler suits that the malon have decided to donate to starfleet since they laugh at us with the amount of crap we got from the lockboxes.
Republic Veteran
# 55
07-26-2012, 12:07 PM
If you don't like the price, don't buy it.
If you are upset they "hid" the fact it is per character, then read the description next time.

You alone are fully responsible for where your money goes. If Cryptic sees there is no money coming from this, they'll adjust it.

These EV suits are cosmetic. I have beaten all of the Tholian invasion missions with the free EV suit we got during the Dominion mission. These are not required to win or do well. If you chose to spend money on them, that is your business. But there is no reason to get upset over a small piece of fluff.

Vote with your wallet.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Career Officer
# 56
07-26-2012, 12:07 PM
Pass /10char
Reave
Starfleet Veteran
# 57
07-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Despite being a serious STO fashionista, and huge fan of synchronized EV suit robot flash/dance mobs, it's almost an easy decision to pass on these. Besides, my S.o.P. dance bombs are already wearing them. Good enough for me, until this pricing discrepency is hopefully fixed.
Republic Veteran
# 58
07-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
If you don't like the price, don't buy it.
If you are upset they "hid" the fact it is per character, then read the description next time.

You alone are fully responsible for where your money goes. If Cryptic sees there is no money coming from this, they'll adjust it.

These EV suits are cosmetic. I have beaten all of the Tholian invasion missions with the free EV suit we got during the Dominion mission. These are not required to win or do well. If you chose to spend money on them, that is your business. But there is no reason to get upset over a small piece of fluff.

Vote with your wallet.
Say what !!! Vote with our wallets,well blow me down

Thanks for helping us all out with your words of wisdom

Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS."-- Grant Morrison
Career Officer
# 59
07-26-2012, 12:15 PM
I love the Art Team's work.

However, PWE/Cryptic really needs to revisit it's choice to move away from account-wide unlocks with regard to C-Store offerings. Not just specific to the EV suit.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Commander
# 60
07-26-2012, 12:15 PM
In the immortal words of Artie Johnson:

"Verrry interestink.... but schtupid."