Ensign
# 21 Nothing that can't wait
07-27-2012, 12:04 AM
Sorry folks fail to see anything in these patch notes that cannot wait until a norma maintenance cycle.

Short notice shutdowns are guaranteed to annoy your paying customer base..... oh wait
Ensign
# 22
07-27-2012, 12:05 AM
Why maintenance always gotta be on friday morning? Its the one time a week i can play STO. They need to switch it up.
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
07-27-2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snormanau View Post

And how can it take 3 hours to patch 8 things...?

Well you have to consider they first have to take the system offline.
Then they probably do a backup.
Next they would input the changes to the code.
Probably have some sort of "check" to run over the code.
Then they have to boot the system back up.
And check to make sure the "fixes" actually fixed something.

Yeah 3hours seems like a long time for 8 items, but those 8 things could potentially be hundreds of lines of code.

Or at the very least bits of code that require much more to fix than changing value=0 ... to value=1

Honestly (and i do complain about cryptic being slow.., and not following though on promises **cough andorian cruiser cough**)... I don't think 3hours is too bad all in all.
Starfleet Veteran
# 24
07-27-2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Interesting that the Borg Invasion is now available all the time. Will make it much easier to get accolades.
yes it is but its not fair that all cstore ships not getting a discount for the fleet ships, like the rhode island, no i dont expect it to be as much but some discount would be fair sence it cost like 1/4 of the mvac and other t5 ships how about sence it 4 modules give us a dicount of 1 module and make it 3 models for ships like the rhode island, that would be fair to all people sence the cstore version still cost us money,
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-27-2012, 12:09 AM
once a week update/bug fixes would be a fine addition to the game play, and i love the bugs lol
Ensign
# 26
07-27-2012, 12:09 AM
So this was SCHEDULED maintenance? Where was the notification in the launcher. All I saw was some ****** message about the account names being case sensitive. So now my whole fleet was freaking out when we got the half hour notification & had no idea why it was being brought down or for how long. Come on guys get on the ball. Sometimes I think my son's high school programming class could do a better job. They hiring people out of Mumbai College of Massage Therapy & Coding nowadays?
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
07-27-2012, 12:10 AM
hello

Ensign
# 28
07-27-2012, 12:11 AM
OH come on, the word r^e^t^a^r^d is censored? Really? Wonder if they get called that a lot...
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
07-27-2012, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmind1 View Post
So this was SCHEDULED maintenance? Where was the notification in the launcher. All I saw was some ****** message about the account names being case sensitive. So now my whole fleet was freaking out when we got the half hour notification & had no idea why it was being brought down or for how long. Come on guys get on the ball. Sometimes I think my son's high school programming class could do a better job. They hiring people out of Mumbai College of Massage Therapy & Coding nowadays?

Yeah irks me as well, I had planed to catch the fleet marks event. -shrugs- ohh well
Ensign
# 30
07-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Well I guess I'll just have to go check out one of the many other MMORPGs out there. Maybe I'll find one I like better. And then they will get my money, not Perfect World.
Closed Thread