Starfleet Veteran
I'm in a small fleet and we decided to forgo the "Room With A View" featured project due to the dilithium cost, obviously this new one "Interior Designer" costs the same - not sure if we feel it is worth it at this time but at least we know that these featured projects for the starbases are going to run 200K in dilithium each and can start to grind a bit more and prepare in advance for one that we do want to take on.

My question is, will we ever see the featured projects come back around again? If so, do you think this would repeat again within a few weeks, months? I'm sure other small fleets are having these questions.

Also did not know that you could start the project and continue to work on it even after the limited time availability was over.

I must not be the only person in a small fleet who is hoping that these repeat again at some point? Would be nice to eventually have not only a fully upgraded starbase, but to have all of the Starbase Featured Projects completed in the long run.

Thank you all in advance for your feedback!
Career Officer
# 2
07-27-2012, 01:10 AM
I'm curious to know as well. My gut says it eventually will, but not how long it until it's offered again.

And if they are answering questions, why 200,000 Dilithum? Sure Large Fleets of players can easily chip away at this, but for my little fleet, it's taking a good chunk of our Dilithum reserves. And with the first project just opening windows (with no functionality to close them) and with the second project basically adding 2 functionless columns and a couple of plants (while the KDF is just a new fireplace and a couple of night lights), just doesn't leave us confident to invest in future "limited time" projects.

Personally, wish these projects weren't limited time, but instead something that we the players can choose to undertake to customize the look of our base. For example:
  • Starbase special projects with long cooldown times.
  • Use of Crafting in making items (with healthy contruction times).
  • Very Rare DOFF missions that yield Unique Project items.
  • Player Mission rewards. (Like you killing those Targs outside the House of Martok yeilds mounted heads or rugs for your lounge area).

Something that's not going to eat away at my wallet for being a small, casual fleet.
Ensign
# 3
07-28-2012, 12:30 AM
what really bugs me is that i currently am the only one active in my fleet (of 5 people - we wanted to keep it small). so i farmed my ass of for the marks and yesterday they just swapped the project out and replaced it with something completely useless.

eiterh have the project only be available to start for a limited time but then have it run until it is done or refund the mats. now i have a useless project to finish up befor i can even get started on the next special? thats BS!

my friends will come back at the end of august. by then i will have missed a lot of the specials because of this ****.

i dont care too much about interior decorations but the windows would have been nice.

in short: cryptic / perfect world: I AM PISSED!
Captain
# 4
07-28-2012, 12:44 AM
Of cause it will... Why? Simple:

You can buy zen for free from dilitium
Each of the special projects costs 200K Dilitium.
Currently you can buy one Zen for ~260. Thats approx 770 Zen.
Thats 770 Zen that would potentially not be bought (the ones putting them on the exchange clearly don't need them).

Quite simply: It's the easy way of getting people to spend money, while not making it obvious.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Empire Veteran
# 5
07-28-2012, 12:47 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing this, since I do think everybody should have a fair shot at it all regardless.

I realize a lot of small fleet folks aren't gonna like this, but I will add this as well:

It'd also be nice if each time they did repeat, fleets who had completed the original could do it again to add more things on top of the originals.

Maybe to keep it fair, if it was the first time doing it, it'd still unlock all of it, even the new stuff. So large fleets would just do it again without much fuss, spending their extra 200k dilithium, while smaller fleets would only have to do it once (to start) and get it all up there at once.

Captain
# 6
07-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Gotta admit that I;m a "Probably" on this.

They've got to run out of ideas some day for these things.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 7
07-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by odoniel View Post
so i farmed my ass of for the marks and yesterday they just swapped the project out and replaced it with something completely useless.
Not sure if you are talking about the other special projects or not. If you are, you really shouldn't be making those special ones available in the first place. They are designed to be pure sinks for very large fleets so they have a way to get some fleet credits. A small fleet should not be slotting any of those assignments. They do not progress your starbase at all. (I'm talking about the 'special' projects that require 600 marks).

Quote:
eiterh have the project only be available to start for a limited time but then have it run until it is done
This is the case already. It's a limited time to 'start' the project. But once you start it, you can finish it whenever you want. The limited time featured projects so far have only required dilithium. If you can afford spending a few bucks, you can bypass the grind and go Z-store to dilithium exchange route.
# 8
07-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
Not sure if you are talking about the other special projects or not. If you are, you really shouldn't be making those special ones available in the first place. They are designed to be pure sinks for very large fleets so they have a way to get some fleet credits. A small fleet should not be slotting any of those assignments. They do not progress your starbase at all. (I'm talking about the 'special' projects that require 600 marks).

This is the case already. It's a limited time to 'start' the project. But once you start it, you can finish it whenever you want. The limited time featured projects so far have only required dilithium. If you can afford spending a few bucks, you can bypass the grind and go Z-store to dilithium exchange route.

yes i was talking about one 600 mark project. i just wanted this one, i do not care about funishing and other stuff but removing the shutters to show outer space was very appealing to me.

so the special to remove the shutters on your starbase was one of those time-limited quest and i started it, thinking since i have started it in time i could farm it on my own while the rest of my fleet is literally on vacation. yesterday however, with the starting of the new special the "remove shutters" quest was just exchanged for the "advanced multidisciplinary research" quest. all materials stayed in place and committed (so non-removable either) and i am now stuck with a completely useless quest that i never intended to start in the first place. that just sucks.

i am aware that as a tiny fleet we will never get everything but it would at least be nice to be able to pick one special once in a while to get some useless but nice looking goodies. its not as if we have any chance of ever reaching a fully blown tier5 starbase within the next 2 years anyway ...
Career Officer
# 9
07-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
so the special to remove the shutters on your starbase was one of those time-limited quest and i started it, thinking since i have started it in time i could farm it on my own while the rest of my fleet is literally on vacation. yesterday however, with the starting of the new special the "remove shutters" quest was just exchanged for the "advanced multidisciplinary research" quest. all materials stayed in place and committed (so non-removable either) and i am now stuck with a completely useless quest that i never intended to start in the first place. that just sucks.
Wow. I'm pretty sure this is not supposed to happen, and it probably is a bug. The devs have said that a limited time is just limited time to START, not limited to finish. If you had 'room with a view' open and partially filled, it should not have been taken down until you finished it.
# 10
07-29-2012, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by latinumbar View Post
Wow. I'm pretty sure this is not supposed to happen, and it probably is a bug. The devs have said that a limited time is just limited time to START, not limited to finish. If you had 'room with a view' open and partially filled, it should not have been taken down until you finished it.
ok in that case i will open up a ticket ... maybe my lonly farming sessions were not completely useless then after all

thanks a lot for the input.