Banned
# 31
07-28-2012, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustrumridcully0 View Post
You could probably make it easy for Borticus if you post it here as well.
I will, at least the vid. The details are rather lengthy. (I know since when do I ever make a short post concerning specific feedback)
Empire Veteran
# 32
07-28-2012, 12:18 PM
based on what ive seen myself, and what others have posted, it looks like anything that stuns are the prime suspect...
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 33
07-28-2012, 04:52 PM
for borticus

What pandas found against clowns and re

clowns used ams, repulses, scramble sensors, chroniton proc. typical re no offence!

pandas no p2w consoles but Scramble sensors.

we all felt the issues of no weapon fire and decided to quit 7:6

the theory is: pandas one person gave the bug through ss to other players.

Ie:
if ams caused bug and pandas man press ss then scramble created bug on frindly side causing overall bug. not Scramble sensors fault it just bounces back.

here is a few ideas:

possibly the chroniton fix has messed up underneath code

possibly the skills that change ui ie scramble sensors etc might be a issue.

either way not met this bug unless facing them

Last edited by the4monkeys; 07-28-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Career Officer
# 34
07-28-2012, 04:57 PM
I already posted some experience before, but Ive experienced it again so i will fill out the questions again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post

1) Did you experience this as a Fed or KDF (or both)?
Fed

2) Which ship were you flying at the time?
Jem Hadar Attack Ship

3) Were you on a PvP map? If no, were you on a queue'd map of some other kind? If yes, has anyone experienced this outside of PvP?

PvP map, Solar wind again.

4) If in PvP, which faction were you engaged against at the time? (FvF, FvK, KvK)

Fed this time. (FvF)

5) Did it affect all weapons? If no, which were left active?

I checked it this time more specifically, mostly 2 or 3 DHC's didnt respond, and which were darker then the others (Disabled or so) and 2 of 3 turrets were disabled most of the time.

6) When you were affected by this, did any of your other abilities stop working? If so, which ones?

My abilities could be enabled but I am not really sure anymore whether they are all working properly now.

7) Did you notice any other active UI elements at the time of shutdown that normally are not active? (e.g., the Need/Greed Loot window, or accidentally hit ESC to bring up options, etc)

No need or greed that i could have seen and did not use the ESC button at all.

8) If you managed to fix the issue, what was your solution? (I've heard dying and relogging, but does changing instances work? How about turning the UI off and on again with Alt-F12?)

Ive tried to logout and back in, got back into my team in the PvP match. Problem just continued. I even tried shutting down the whole game and log back in, resumed the pvp match with my team, still affected.

Thanks, in advance, for your help in tracking this down!
Captain
# 35
07-28-2012, 06:50 PM
1) Fed
2) Bug Ship
3) PvP - Salvage Operation / Briar Patch
4) FvF FvK
5) Dual heavy cannnons stop firing leaving turrets and beam bank working
6) shields either stop distributing with a white outline around the ability on the skill tray, or the wont stop distributing even after changing instance
7) White box permanantly on around distribute shields icon
8) Solution - exit game restart
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Captain
# 36
07-28-2012, 06:52 PM
1) Fed
2) Tactical Oddy
3) PvP - Salvage Operation / Briar Patch
4) FvF FvK
5) Beams stop firing
6) shields either stop distributing with a white outline around the ability on the skill tray, or the wont stop distributing even after changing instance
7) White box permanantly on around distribute shields icon
8) Solution - exit game restart
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Empire Veteran
# 37
07-28-2012, 08:46 PM
This may be irrelevant but a way to reproduce the grayed out white outline on the panel (at least this worked a couple days ago.)

A friend and I were doing a duel (for fun and he wanted to test ISO charge.) When he tried to seat it in a science console slot, it was unusable. Rotating the console slots (eng, sci, tact fixed it.)

I loaded ISO and it did the same. Same routine resolved the issue.

We both were cloaked when we loaded the console, not sure if that matters. He was a Fleet Qin Raptor and I was in a brel (both tactical captains.) Not sure if this still works or not, but if it does it may provide some insight into why other powers are being affected. It would stand to reason, while a different power, the overall effect is the same so likely the same part of the code with the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I'm still attempting to track down solid repro steps on this. I'm spinning the topic off into a new thread because it became obvious that Confuse effects (while originally the most likely culprit) have turned out to not be the true and only cause of this.

I have a few questions for anyone that has experienced this. Please think carefully about the answers and only answer if you are certain it is the truth. Good information will help lead to a solution to this problem.

1) Did you experience this as a Fed or KDF (or both)?

2) Which ship were you flying at the time?

3) Were you on a PvP map? If no, were you on a queue'd map of some other kind? If yes, has anyone experienced this outside of PvP?

4) If in PvP, which faction were you engaged against at the time? (FvF, FvK, KvK)

5) Did it affect all weapons? If no, which were left active?

6) When you were affected by this, did any of your other abilities stop working? If so, which ones?

7) Did you notice any other active UI elements at the time of shutdown that normally are not active? (e.g., the Need/Greed Loot window, or accidentally hit ESC to bring up options, etc)

8) If you managed to fix the issue, what was your solution? (I've heard dying and relogging, but does changing instances work? How about turning the UI off and on again with Alt-F12?)

Thanks, in advance, for your help in tracking this down!
Lieutenant
# 38
07-28-2012, 09:21 PM
Happened again to me exactly after the use of a Magnetometric overload (I think it was) on my ship... deactivated my ship for half a second and throwed me like 6 KM away, just after that two of my turrets stopped firing.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91857922000&dateline=  1342169682
Join date 20 Sept 2008
Lt. Commander
# 39
07-29-2012, 04:49 AM
Quote:
What pandas found against clowns and reclowns used ams, repulses, scramble sensors, chroniton proc. typical re no offence!pandas no p2w consoles but Scramble sensors.we all felt the issues of no weapon fire and decided to quit 7:6
Typically? Doesnt that sound a little bit arrogant? Thought theres a little bit of respect for each other...ive not been there in the match youre talking about and didnt know about it till your post and i am no fan of ams and ss..but......i think its no mistake to have a little respect for other pvp fleets...

Greetz @heizluefta (Klaatu, Sheela, Nathan, ex Elysion, now Clowns of Elysion)

Last edited by heizluefta; 07-29-2012 at 04:54 AM.
Banned