Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 749
# 1 Negh'Var Refit Speculation
05-06-2013, 05:54 PM
It was noted by Al in a recent podcast that sometime after LoR Launch, the KDF will get a Refit Negh'Var. No info on BOFF stations or Consoles/Weapons yet.

Personally, I'm hoping to be able to fire the large Super-Disruptors on the underside.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 186
# 2
05-06-2013, 06:22 PM
That would be awesome, especially if it got a fleet retrofit as well. I love the look of the Qu'Daj cruiser, and have been pining for our Fleet to reach rank IV so I could get in the Fleet version. I'm currently in the Fleet K't'inga, which is a solid, underrated ship, but I find myself missing the more majestic Qu'Daj.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,751
# 3
05-06-2013, 11:38 PM
I also pine for the 'Super Disruptors' as well.

I had an interesting thought the other day as well, to give the KDF side a unique torpedo:

A double-photon torpedo launcher. It'd be simple, a photon torpedo launcher, but it fires two torps every time it fires. If you fire it with a HY, it'd be double the HY torpedoes. To balance it, it'd be a bit weaker torpedoes.

OR

A heavy-photon torpedo launcher. Basically the opposite. Fires much more hard hitting photon torps, possibly with a negative arc modifier, putting it down to 45 degrees from the normal 90. You could say that it's like a double warhead or some other technobabble that makes it do more 'boom boom'.

OR

A disrupted-photon torpedo. A normal, or almost normal damage torp which in turn has a damage resistance debuff when it hits the target. It'd look like the greenish torps you sometimes see in the shows fired from Klingon ships.

For the 'Super Disruptors', I see those more as a weapon than a console (though I don't blame em if they made it a console). Difficult to figure out what they'd do though, or how they'd work.

Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 306
# 4
05-07-2013, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canisanubis View Post
That would be awesome, especially if it got a fleet retrofit as well. I love the look of the Qu'Daj cruiser, and have been pining for our Fleet to reach rank IV so I could get in the Fleet version. I'm currently in the Fleet K't'inga, which is a solid, underrated ship, but I find myself missing the more majestic Qu'Daj.
My Gorn engineer is in much the same situation. He's currently in the K'Tinga retrofit, and when I had 4 FSMs saved up, I gave them to my Tac to stall for time to either see if the new Negh'Var is worth it, or consider a fleet Neg (and give our fleet time to get to a T4 shipyard).

Fingers crossed for awesome.

Later on,
Gen
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 255
# 5
05-07-2013, 06:46 AM
I agree as well, I want fire these huge massive Disruptor cannons that lay waste to everything >

I also want the pylons from the underbelly... me likies that Negh'var
__________________________________________________ _____________________________
T5 Ship Comparison Spreadsheet
Play my missions on Holodeck!
Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 108
# 6
05-07-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I also pine for the 'Super Disruptors' as well.

I had an interesting thought the other day as well, to give the KDF side a unique torpedo:

A double-photon torpedo launcher. It'd be simple, a photon torpedo launcher, but it fires two torps every time it fires. If you fire it with a HY, it'd be double the HY torpedoes. To balance it, it'd be a bit weaker torpedoes.

OR

A heavy-photon torpedo launcher. Basically the opposite. Fires much more hard hitting photon torps, possibly with a negative arc modifier, putting it down to 45 degrees from the normal 90. You could say that it's like a double warhead or some other technobabble that makes it do more 'boom boom'.

OR

A disrupted-photon torpedo. A normal, or almost normal damage torp which in turn has a damage resistance debuff when it hits the target. It'd look like the greenish torps you sometimes see in the shows fired from Klingon ships.

For the 'Super Disruptors', I see those more as a weapon than a console (though I don't blame em if they made it a console). Difficult to figure out what they'd do though, or how they'd work.
Or a more advanced Harghpeng? Like slightly weaker than tricobalt like 9.337 Kinetic damage. more Dot and AoE explosion damage?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,309
# 7
05-07-2013, 07:52 AM
I would just enjoy a design that gives wieght to the soft cannon descriptions given it from the official Klingon vessel recognition manual as a tough heavily armored platform with tremendous firepower but slower impulse speed than normal KDF designs.

Did you know that the neghvar was so heavily stacked with armor that it was akin to having secondary shielding?
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 306
# 8
05-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canisanubis View Post
That would be awesome, especially if it got a fleet retrofit as well. I love the look of the Qu'Daj cruiser, and have been pining for our Fleet to reach rank IV so I could get in the Fleet version. I'm currently in the Fleet K't'inga, which is a solid, underrated ship, but I find myself missing the more majestic Qu'Daj.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I would just enjoy a design that gives wieght to the soft cannon descriptions given it from the official Klingon vessel recognition manual as a tough heavily armored platform with tremendous firepower but slower impulse speed than normal KDF designs.

Did you know that the neghvar was so heavily stacked with armor that it was akin to having secondary shielding?
This is just my fatigue-addled brain tossing ideas at the wall trying to figure how to make something like that happen...

What if ships had differing Armor modifiers, the way they do for shields? If a Neghvar was that tough, it could have an armor mod of like, 4 just to throw a big number into play, and then a single blue XI Neutronium would provide about 55% resistance. Would that be a step toward making big "big trouble" instead of "big target?"

-Gen
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,309
# 9
05-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by generator88 View Post
This is just my fatigue-addled brain tossing ideas at the wall trying to figure how to make something like that happen...

What if ships had differing Armor modifiers, the way they do for shields? If a Neghvar was that tough, it could have an armor mod of like, 4 just to throw a big number into play, and then a single blue XI Neutronium would provide about 55% resistance. Would that be a step toward making big "big trouble" instead of "big target?"

-Gen
That actually sounds like an excellent idea of would makensense of why some ships are tougher for thier size.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,344
# 10
05-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Neg'var 3 pack!!!

Either way, the boff layout of the bortasq is the gas.
Would like to see it in a better moving kdf ship.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:27 AM.