Commander
# 261
02-24-2014, 12:43 PM
I would like to create a ready room/conference room, particularly one with a window view. I believe there was a mission with a ready room already or the ability to create one from scratch. Having the ability to create a window on one of the generic interiors would also work, but a window that actually views out into space rather than just glass on a wall.
Commander
# 262
02-25-2014, 11:35 AM
A ready room or Captain's Quarters or both (can't remember) appears at the end of "Cloaked Loyalties". If you look at that, you might be able to work out what map they were using. There are also shipboard maps in "Black Boxes" and near the beginning of "Uprising: The Tempest" that might do nicely for a conference room, especially with a few extra props or bits of furniture added.
Captain
# 263 I would simply like
03-12-2014, 08:26 PM
All I want from the foundry is a mirror of dev options for mission creation.

I would LOVE to be able to 1: use the player's portriat for first-person dialogue options, 2: have the system recognize whether the player is male or female, and 3: better control over beam in/out animations...

Also, there seems to be a glitch with multi-levelled rooms. When attempting to place NPCs on a platform, etc. they either appear below it or, in my case, their feet can be seen hanging through the ceiling regardless of the ďYĒ position I try to enter.

(And the ability to DISABLE an enemy ship!)
Cryptic: It's Nerf or Nothin!

Commander
# 264
03-13-2014, 01:08 PM
Agree with all of these. You can usually write around the male/female thing, but sometimes it would just be really useful. RuneSword, a (single-player) game I wrote a couple of adventures for, had a good simple system for that, where you just had to include the codes [CreatureNow.PronounHeShe], [CreatureNow.PronounHimHer] or [CreatureNow.PronounHisHer] in the dialogue, and it would display as the appropriate one depending who CreatureNow happened to be, much like the <Rank> and <Name> tags in the Foundry. You could make that even more flexible by instead doing it so that the writer typed their own two options in place of "HeShe", so, for instance, you could type, "This <Gender|man|woman> is a liar!" and in play the NPC would shout the first option for a male captain and the second for a female.

Hadn't noticed the dangling feet glitch, that's funny
Captain
# 265
03-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat140 View Post
Agree with all of these. You can usually write around the male/female thing, but sometimes it would just be really useful. RuneSword, a (single-player) game I wrote a couple of adventures for, had a good simple system for that, where you just had to include the codes [CreatureNow.PronounHeShe], [CreatureNow.PronounHimHer] or [CreatureNow.PronounHisHer] in the dialogue, and it would display as the appropriate one depending who CreatureNow happened to be, much like the <Rank> and <Name> tags in the Foundry. You could make that even more flexible by instead doing it so that the writer typed their own two options in place of "HeShe", so, for instance, you could type, "This <Gender|man|woman> is a liar!" and in play the NPC would shout the first option for a male captain and the second for a female.

Hadn't noticed the dangling feet glitch, that's funny

Heh - not funny when you play through the map and all seems fine... but when you publish it players can't complete the mission due to the glitch! LOL

Anyway, just thought of one more thing I'd like to see... career-specific dialogue options.

As it is now I have to create three separate dialogue trees (tactical, science, operations). Granted, a player will, 9 times out of 10, select the appropriate option for their character but I would very much like to have non-applicable options greyed out. i.e. a Science officer canít access a Tactical Officerís option.

I know this is a minor thing but itís the little things that bug meÖ. What can I say? Iím pedantic like that.

Commander
# 266
03-18-2014, 09:18 AM
That one (or something like it) exists in Cryptic's own mission-writing system, so it wouldn't be entirely new code - one of the Spectres missions (the Bonnie-kin one, I've forgotten its name) has different optional objectives appear depending on your character's career, so a Science captain gets an optional objective to track down the beam that's triggering the plasma traps and block it, and Tactical or Engineers get something else instead.
Captain
# 267 Hmmm...
03-25-2014, 04:22 PM
A thought that occurred to me that I think would be REALLY helpful is the ability to move objects with a 'click and drag' system while playing through your maps. Mostly because the editor has an issue with placing interactive objects on multi-levelled maps (balconies, tables, raised platforms, etc.)

As an example, in my foundry mission I have a table upon which i waned to place bottles, glasses, etc. When I did and went into the map. they were hovering 4 feet above the surface of the table! I went in and verified the Y position as 0, changed one of the objects to -2 and went back in to the map... it was fine. Went BACK into the editor, changed them all, BACK into the map... some still hovered over the table and no matter what I could not adjust them.

How much easier would it have been if I could click on this object from the map and simply drag it to the position I wanted? Not to mention how much time I could have saved?

So, yeah.. if this is at all possible, I would be VERY happy to see it in the Foundry!

Cheers

Captain
# 268
03-26-2014, 08:43 AM
The rest of the Romulan uniforms, please.
Capt. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Captain
# 269
03-26-2014, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
The rest of the Romulan uniforms, please.

Not to mention better free ship customizations for Roms n Klinks... we get so few and Starfleet gets so many...

Captain
# 270
03-28-2014, 03:32 PM
Dyson Joint Command map, and access to systems in Tau Dewa as mission doors. I had an idea to start my latest project at the DJC but I had to change it to having the expedition use Starbase 114 (the Celes System) as a staging area.
Capt. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer

Last edited by starswordc; 03-28-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Closed Thread