Empire Veteran
# 271
03-28-2014, 02:37 PM
New Borg maps from tribble please.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Lt. Commander
# 272
04-03-2014, 04:51 PM
The Iconian Gate FX

FX Iconian Gateway.

space and ground
Captain
# 273
04-07-2014, 08:10 PM
I just discovered something really annoying. We have access to Romulan Republic ground mobs, but not the costumes as single contacts.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Empire Veteran
# 274
04-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
I just discovered something really annoying. We have access to Romulan Republic ground mobs, but not the costumes as single contacts.
Yea, it hurts.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Commander
# 275 Customizable alien ships?
04-08-2014, 04:53 PM
Is there a way to customize skins for both hostile and friendly NPC ships?

Let's say I want to come across an unknown never-before seen alien race - can I create an unknown never seen before alien ship skin? Functionality-wise I'd still pick one of the existing races (Klingons, Jem'hadar, etc) but I want it to look unique... even if it's just having the ability to customize a ship like we do with our own, selecting the hulls, saucers, pylons, etc. but not be limited to a single faction or type of ship - able to mix and mash from ALL of them to create something genuinely unique.

If not, can we please have it? The existing mechanics are already in place (obviously, as we can customize our own playable ships)
Captain
# 276
04-08-2014, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prierin View Post
Is there a way to customize skins for both hostile and friendly NPC ships?

Let's say I want to come across an unknown never-before seen alien race - can I create an unknown never seen before alien ship skin? Functionality-wise I'd still pick one of the existing races (Klingons, Jem'hadar, etc) but I want it to look unique... even if it's just having the ability to customize a ship like we do with our own, selecting the hulls, saucers, pylons, etc. but not be limited to a single faction or type of ship - able to mix and mash from ALL of them to create something genuinely unique.

If not, can we please have it? The existing mechanics are already in place (obviously, as we can customize our own playable ships)
Reskinning mobs is one of the most useful abilities we have, but right now we can't mix and match bits of completely unrelated ships. However, I've done some interesting things by kitbashing and repainting, including using a modified Vo'Quv to simulate a Mawasi cruiser (although on closer inspection I'm thinking maybe I should try a Vor'cha).

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Commander
# 277
04-08-2014, 07:35 PM
Quote:
kitbashing and repainting,

What do you mean, exactly?
Rihannsu
# 278
04-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prierin View Post
What do you mean, exactly?
swipe the neceelles off a fed ship and stick them on a Klingon ship.... etc....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 279
04-08-2014, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
swipe the neceelles off a fed ship and stick them on a Klingon ship.... etc....
That would be fun but we physically can't do that right now. But that doesn't stop you from mixing and matching bits of different skins on the same ship to come up with something reasonably unique, and using various paint jobs and materials together to make it look a bit different. Some of the lesser-used Starfleet ship skins can be quite useful for this.

Some of the ones I've used:
-- Tzenkethi Pouncer-class Strike Fighter. Aeon Timeship with Material 4, Columba nacelle pattern, and Virgo hull pattern.
-- Tzenkethi Ripper-class Corvette. Captain's Yacht with material 4 and Leo paint pattern.
-- Tzenkethi Prowler-class Destroyer. Prometheus Alpha Section with material 4 on everything but the nacelle (that uses Material 2) and Orion paint pattern.
-- Tzenkethi Disdain-class Flight-Deck Battleship (note: doesn't actually have a hangar due to mobs chosen for reskinning). Odyssey saucer with material 4 and Virgo paint pattern.
-- Mawasi cruiser, rendition of this ship from VOY: "Year of Hell" using a Vo'Quv as the base and changing the neck and pylons to the VoD'leh.
-- Borrakite Sword-class heavy frigate, a Research Science Vessel with a Hope hull, Olympic pylons, Hope saucer, and Horizon nacelles.
-- Borrakite Radiant-class cruiser, the saucer from an Envoy-class Exploration Cruiser.

Commander
# 280
04-08-2014, 10:33 PM
Quote:
That would be fun but we physically can't do that right now. But that doesn't stop you from mixing and matching bits of different skins on the same ship to come up with something reasonably unique, and using various paint jobs and materials together to make it look a bit different. Some of the lesser-used Starfleet ship skins can be quite useful for this.

Some of the ones I've used:
-- Tzenkethi Pouncer-class Strike Fighter. Aeon Timeship with Material 4, Columba nacelle pattern, and Virgo hull pattern.
-- Tzenkethi Ripper-class Corvette. Captain's Yacht with material 4 and Leo paint pattern.
-- Tzenkethi Prowler-class Destroyer. Prometheus Alpha Section with material 4 on everything but the nacelle (that uses Material 2) and Orion paint pattern.
-- Tzenkethi Disdain-class Flight-Deck Battleship (note: doesn't actually have a hangar due to mobs chosen for reskinning). Odyssey saucer with material 4 and Virgo paint pattern.
-- Mawasi cruiser, rendition of this ship from VOY: "Year of Hell" using a Vo'Quv as the base and changing the neck and pylons to the VoD'leh.
-- Borrakite Sword-class heavy frigate, a Research Science Vessel with a Hope hull, Olympic pylons, Hope saucer, and Horizon nacelles.
-- Borrakite Radiant-class cruiser, the saucer from an Envoy-class Exploration Cruiser.

Interesting.... I'll look into this tonight and see what I can come up with. Cheers