Lieutenant
# 61
09-15-2012, 08:58 PM
I really need these things to write the missions I want to write. Right now, I'm holding off, in the hopes of seeing these things added to the Foundry at a future point.

1.) Indoor Shuttle Maps (Runabout Cockpit and maybe even the aft conference room)
2.) The ability to restrict or allow a specific number of away team members.
Career Officer
# 62
09-17-2012, 08:42 PM
I would like to see current costume options be added to the foundry. These include:

Jupiter uniforms
Vedek outfits (and hooded head type)
Omega Force outfits
TNG season 1 uniforms
Lobi store skirts, jackets, and scarves
Rihannsu
# 63
09-17-2012, 08:46 PM
I still want the ability to make catwalks, especially slanted ones!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Empire Veteran
# 64
09-22-2012, 05:40 AM
A black screen map-wide FX. Could be very usefull to hide the ugly foundry mechanics when we have do do several changes on the same map. It would allow to hide transitions.

More races in the generator (starfleet & kdf), at least romulans, cardies and maybe somehting like the deferis.

More off-duty uniforms. A lot of them.

Last edited by diogene0; 09-22-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Lieutenant
# 65
09-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Here is one that I did not see, chairs, I know it is simple, I can get around the rest of the foundry limitations. C'mon though the chairs in the foundry are retarded. In order to create my briefing room I had to use Klingon chairs. This is because there are no standard federation chairs. I am talking about the chairs in the ready room, and the ones seen on the briefing room in the shows. How hard can that be really?
Ensign
# 66
09-22-2012, 02:49 PM
The assets that Foundry needs are things that are found in Trek. Fro example, I would love to see a TNG asset set with TNG walls, Consoles, Replicators, etc. They could even be availible in the C-store for foundry authors to use them. In fact, I would be willing to pay for them if it would justify the cost of making these assets.
Star Trek: Lockbox

Kirk: Scotty, Stuff that 2 million ton D'kora into the Lockbox or else STO fails.
Scotty: I canna change the laws of physics!!!!!!
Kirk: Of course you can you're a miracle worker.
Starfleet Veteran
# 67
09-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
I still want the ability to make catwalks, especially slanted ones!
I would like to see this added as well. Every time that I play through a run of The Cure (Ground), I practically drool over - albeit not literally - the elevated walkways that can be seen connected to the sides of the chasm above the players. I would LOVE to be able to use walkways like that in Foundry missions. Especially if there are more versions of them than Borg, which shouldn't be difficult because they're made out of the same building blocks as those dang half-floor elevated platforms they have in some missions and the Foundry.

My next request is something more for the people who are working on the Foundry tech itself over in Neverwinter, which I wish to see added and ported over here when we get the map construction tech that they have; the ability to make taller rooms. Things like several floor high rooms with the aforementioned elevated walkways are critical to have for one of the missions that I'm making, and could also be used for such things as core shafts for starbases, much like the-*spoilers*
It would be great if it were possible to stack some rooms on top of each other and have the option of removing the ceilings and floors between them. Being able to remove walls, floors, and ceilings or make doors to nothing could also be used for interior maps that take place inside of a starship or starbase to create airlocks, but that would require the ability for characters and NPCs to forcibly sucked out of a room and killed from "environment damage". Why doesn't falling damage kill, anymore, anyway?

I would also like the ability to start and stop NPC animations via triggers, not just player characters like how the system works currently. Also the ability to make NPCs disappear for purposes such as beam outs, etc. If a character could be set to disappear via an "animation complete" trigger, they could be rigged up to automatically disappear after playing the "beam out" animation.

Last edited by theoryfive; 09-22-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Rihannsu
# 68
09-24-2012, 08:34 AM
Actually.... falling damage only seems to kill in certain specific settings, as a general rule falling won't hurt you.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 69
09-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Actually.... falling damage only seems to kill in certain specific settings, as a general rule falling won't hurt you.
Perhaps there should be effects that can be placed such as zones where falling damage can actually kill, or where you will die without an activated environmental suit on. A high gravity effect would also be nice, similar to the low gravity effect we have already.
Survivor of Romulus
# 70
09-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
I haven't seen any falls personally that will kill the player (boffs will die though). Do you know of any maps specifically that'll do that?
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.