Lt. Commander
# 31
11-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Three part question:
1) Is the article recently released on TTH correct, that we will have 3 seasons of 14 episodes each, and that each episode takes between 45-90 minutes to complete?
2) If yes, that is only about 32-52 hours of gameplay. Will there be additional missions outside of this episode structure, or will players be expected to fill their experience with randomly generated encounters?
3) How frequently does Cryptic envision being able to roll out additional Seasons/Episodes?
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borticus View Post
Three part question:
1) Is the article recently released on TTH correct, that we will have 3 seasons of 14 episodes each, and that each episode takes between 45-90 minutes to complete?
2) If yes, that is only about 32-52 hours of gameplay. Will there be additional missions outside of this episode structure, or will players be expected to fill their experience with randomly generated encounters?
3) How frequently does Cryptic envision being able to roll out additional Seasons/Episodes?
so good it just needs to be said again.
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerresand View Post
How are continuity breaks in general handled? (logging off, doing something else, changing your mind and deciding you don't want to do it after all, etc)
I think they said in the dev diary that if you interrupt the mission you can go back later and pick up where you left off.
Lt. Commander
# 34 Borg...
11-10-2009, 08:24 PM
I have a question about the story/timeline. At one point in time, you mentioned that you had gone through the books as well as the shows and movies to aid in drawing up a timeline. In the Path to 2409 (which we haven't seen for awhile), you tell about the Romulan Star Empire being in factions now, as told about in books series such as Star Trek: Titan. The books later have the Borg transformed (by the Caeliar) and essentially no longer existent. Does your timeline completely ignore this, or did the Caeliar somehow miss some Borg... or.... I was just wondering how that is explained.
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejac_05 View Post
I have a question about the story/timeline. At one point in time, you mentioned that you had gone through the books as well as the shows and movies to aid in drawing up a timeline. In the Path to 2409 (which we haven't seen for awhile), you tell about the Romulan Star Empire being in factions now, as told about in books series such as Star Trek: Titan. The books later have the Borg transformed (by the Caeliar) and essentially no longer existent. Does your timeline completely ignore this, or did the Caeliar somehow miss some Borg... or.... I was just wondering how that is explained.
I haven't actually read the Destiny books, or VOY: Unworthy, but in unworthy the premise seems to be that the Caeliar did miss some. Am I missing some info?
And anyway, no book is canon. Cryptic can use or disregard any book information at their leisure.
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-10-2009, 08:55 PM
out of love, i gotta side with the klingons on this one too, what kind of episodes will they have? can you give us an example?
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Will the episode missions have a logical sequence where one leads to another or are they pretty much stand-alone episodes? Basically, will we need to do them in a designated order because information or loot gathered during one will be needed in a future episode?
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-10-2009, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT_IS_GREEN View Post
I haven't actually read the Destiny books, or VOY: Unworthy, but in unworthy the premise seems to be that the Caeliar did miss some. Am I missing some info?
And anyway, no book is canon. Cryptic can use or disregard any book information at their leisure.
well...kinda....seven of nine was caeliar but refused(caeliar transformed borg into more caeliar,but they could have said no basically...)

so i guss it is possible but after VOY: Unworthy and ST TNG: Saving The Peace the only borg is seven of nine...

where will the game come out???? gamestop,wal-mart,etc...

do you have one of those in my quarters?
should I?

Odo and Dr. Bashir watching Quark on a screen in Odo's office
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Apologize if it has been asked before.

How will diplomatic missions be handled? NPC dialogues with sets of multiple choice answers?
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-10-2009, 09:22 PM
If I make a Tactical character and run through the episodes up to Commander, then create a Science character will I have to repeat the episodes exactly or will my career choice change the path?

Will episode rewards be the same for everyone or random or based on career choice?