Lt. Commander
# 51
11-11-2009, 03:35 AM
How will you obtain these episode missions and how-- if at all-- do they differ from regular missions?

Will they be given to you by agents of your chosen race?

Will some have all fighting and some no fighting, and do you have a system in place to show you which do and do not (like going to a science or tactical agent gives you science or tactical episode missions)?

With that system, would it also include (if it exists at all) a way to determine if your chosen mission has ground and/or space involved?

When first starting out, do you go through an episode mission arc in the form of tutorials (like live through a few Starfleet Academy classes before passing a few tests and moving on to your own ship)?

The 3 seasons give me the impression that only certain episode missions will be available for a certain period of time (like 1 season is available for 4 months out of every year only). How do the 3 seasons work and how do they differ?

Will you be able to run these missions more than once?

Will there be a cap to the number of people allowed to join in any given mission at any given time?

Will there be a cap to what tier ship is allowed to join in any given mission at any given time?

Will there be diminishing returns on these missions based on your own avatar's experience, number in fleet/party, type of ship, or will they be evenly distributed amongst all who join, no matter what they do or how they contribute?

Will you be allowed to accept or reject missions?

If failure occurs during any offered mission, will you be able to try again?

What are the consequences of failure/rewards for completion?
Lt. Commander
# 52
11-11-2009, 03:58 AM
What kind of rewards will we get from completing a mission besides continuing the story?
Lt. Commander
# 53
11-11-2009, 04:15 AM
will mission environments be randomly generated or will we be looking at a dozen or so maps that will be repeated for all missions?
will there be fill in missions between the episodic missions, covering such things as prerequisites and background information for the episodes?
will there be missions where the opportunity to capture opposing vessels and then adding them to your fleet as pets or alternatly equipped ships?
Lt. Commander
# 54
11-11-2009, 04:40 AM
my question is similar to a couple, so if i am on season 3 and one of my friends just started playing the game on season 1 and is stuck on a mission will i be able to go and help them out?

2. will i be able to turn on my allies(i never would) and would that affect the game? even if its just that episode? or is there some kind of cant attack friendly

3. im so excited!
Lt. Commander
# 55
11-11-2009, 05:02 AM
Are there any plans to add more PvE Episode Missions for the Klingons after game launch?

Or is the plan to ignore Klingon side the same way you guys ignored Villain side in City of Villains?
Lt. Commander
# 56
11-11-2009, 05:07 AM
Sorry if somebody already asked this but I'm at work and don't have time right now to read all of the previous posts.

While I like the idea of hand-crafted episodes it gives me the impression that content will be fairly limited. In World of ********, for example, there are thousands of quests, you pick them up all over the place as you travel around. Will content be much more linear in STL, with players generally working their way through the whole of one episode before trying to find the beginning of the next one? Is it even possible to be working through more than one episode at a time, in the same way that a player can have dozens of quests simultaneously in their Quest Log in WoW?
Lt. Commander
# 57
11-11-2009, 05:33 AM
How much does the player affect the outcome of an episode? Can the player affect which way the story goes, or is the player only a spectator to the story, and not a participant?
Lt. Commander
# 58
11-11-2009, 05:56 AM
Will episodes be told in the form of cut-scenes, with camera direction and voice-acting - or will it all be stale wall-of-text reading to get from plot-point to plot-point?

Will there be a musical direction for the episodes?
Lt. Commander
# 59
11-11-2009, 06:22 AM
Besides episodic missions...what other content is there in the game for players? Are episodes the only way to experince content and "level"? Is there the ability to just explore and experience random content(the equivalent of just wandering around a map and fighting spawns in other MMOs)?
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
It's time for another Ask Cryptic, where the questions you ask go straight to our developers. This round, we're talking about Episode Missions, those mission arcs in the game designed to feel like you're playing an episode of Star Trek. If you have questions you'd like to ask the team, please do so in this post's comment thread. Read on to learn a bit about Episode Missions.

Link to the news article.
Works for Me.. Every Story has a path of development and Pre log a Epilogue