Lt. Commander
Just curious. My (most 'advanced') one character is at 2/3 of the ground XII set. And I've just hit 50th run of cure. (Almost all being ground elite). Never once have gotten a proto weapon tech, got 4 rare techs after I bought both XI guns with EDCs.

And right now, I'm just starting to burn out and get bored/tired. I've mastered it to the point I could probably do it sleeping (have done it twice now half-asleep right before going to bed).

So. when are those new STFs coming? Will they also use EDCs? and will the current techs be usable for the new STF gear?

That's what I'm wondering about. I'm waiting to be able to actually work toward and EARN my XII sets/items instead of doing it over and over on CGE and praying "This is the lucky one." and get a proto tech instead of the usual loot to hand off to a friend to exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-11-2012, 09:51 PM
I definitely am. I'm well on my way to 300 and I only play IGE and CGE on the sole purpose of getting the prototype tech drops. Those are the last two i need and they are not being easy to attain. I've got both space sets MK XII and all 4 MK XI, and enough rare tech to fill out my alts and over 200 EDC which i currently have no use for since i don't use Dilithium for anything other than a console i picked up the other day. Personally I think a lot of people are getting burned out in exactly the same way as I am while waiting for either A) new content or B) a new game to come around. I love this game, but it's clear there is just no passion in making it any more. It's just about making the money with a quick shiny rather than a lasting Quality product. I AM however looking forward to something new like no win or the new ground invasion mission, i just hope they don't give it the same problems that the STF loot system is having.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Me, I've stopped doing them and I don't even have all the accolades, I'm just sick of grinding anything in this game
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-12-2012, 12:43 AM
I personally despise the random super grind design of the elite level STFs so I've never even touched them since they went to the live server (and never will without significant changes occurring). I'll occasionally play some of the normal level ones though.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-12-2012, 01:09 AM
I only did about 150 or so STF's to get my silver star veteran title before getting fed up of the grind.

Havent done one now for about 3 or 4 months, in fact I have hardly been in game since until recently with starbases sort of imminent, maybe.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-12-2012, 01:33 AM
Can't say I am really - usually in a PUG, which creates enough variety to make each mission different (some good, some bad!).

Helps to swap ship occasionally too - adds additional variety.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-12-2012, 01:42 AM
Well, hopefully with the current XII sets going to EDC's (hopefully on season 6 launch....), we might get people back in.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-12-2012, 03:38 AM
done over 1400 elite stf's, got 4 full mk xii sets and 1 that only needs the prototype shield tech.
I'm a bored, a bit but what must i do ?? love the game, so im trying to get mk xii gear on all my 11 characters.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-12-2012, 07:38 AM
They're a guaranteed way to play with other players, friends or otherwise.
I have enough characters and different ships that I can move around for a different experience. *shrug* To be fair sometimes I am just in the mood to *ahem* FIRE EVERYTHING, so I figure I may as well grind dilithium while doing it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Burnt out is a understatement. I've decided that I'm not running them anymore unless the fleeties need help, or a 5th.

I can run all of them, in Elite with my eye's closed almost. I never die, just a few nights ago I ran ISE, I was on the phone the entire time, which was a very important phone call ( equipment sales ), I never skipped a beat.. Was puggin and got the optional, while making the company over 120K bucks.

I've ran them all hundreds of times, out of 2 toons I have well over 300 chips ( no telling how many I'd have if I would have saved them all, probably be a insane number ), 1 toon has a XII Deflector, Xi everything else. Another toon has a XII shield, and XI everything else. I haven't had a salvage drop in over a month, unable to finish a 2nd set of weapons on 1 toon, or even the first set on another, matter of fact, on that toon, I run my pvp weapons because my Borg weapons are so pathetic for Elite.

I really enjoyed the STF's even with the crappy loot drops ( if I get a XI blue, I'm doing good, sadly the value of those items on the exchange is less than if you just junk it ).. But I'm tired of it now, it's not right.. Run with guys who shouldnt be running Elite STF's period, having to carry them through the STF, and they get the drop. You'll get a PM from them a few days later, they have a full set, and are asking what they should do with the tech drops they got and cant do anything with...

What put me over the edge was the Jem ship.. I've spent over 100 bucks in gamma packs, tons of Lobi's, and nothing else really. I know it's a "game of chance", I accept that.. But when you consider my "luck" with STF's and what not, it's nothing but a slap in the face. The Jem ship would have kept me interested, simply because I got into PVP and I'm enjoying it.. That would have kept me excited about the game, and I was willing to drop some coin in order to get it, but I grind and get no where, I pay and I get no where.. There is only 1 other option, and it's against the rules. I'm almost to the point that the risk of being banned to get it, sounds better than trying to do it the "honest" way.

There is 1 thing in this game I haven't mastered, and thats ground STF's.. I enjoy ground, I'm fairly good at it too. I just need to learn the maps and what not, which will take time, I've never really done very well with that type of play style, shooter games and what not, but I want to learn ( if a group is willing to run me through them, many times, hit me up in game. I can hold my own just fine, I just need experience ).. But, when I try to run them, I end up puggin then gettin chewed out by someone because I didnt do something in a timely manor. I could run with the guys on the EliteSTF channel, but I'd hate to do that, because it's not fair to them with me being a noob to them..... It's the same within the fleet, most guys that have tried to run them end up getting chewed out, or the STF is a total failure and they no longer want anything to do with it.

If it wasnt for the friends I've made, I would have been gone long ago..It's simply not right for all these guys running hundreds of STF's, and not getting gear, while some lucky noobs are able to run a few times and be fully geared. No way to trade the drops, so the guys that are teaching noobs, grinding this stuff out, are the ones getting screwed... It's, not right.

Yeah I'm whining, but I have every right to, as do many others. Even if lets say they just put the items into my bank that I want, that I've spent countless hrs grinding for, I wouldnt want them.. I tried to earn them, I watched noobs go out on their first runs and get the stuff I'm after.. I dont want it handed to me, and I dont want to grind for it anymore.. The sure sign of being burned out... Thank god for PVP, cuz otherwise I'd have no reason to log on anymore.