Career Officer
# 101
08-02-2012, 08:25 PM
I think some of the dialogue states were somehow removed in the season update, because I didn't use any "Objective Complete" or "Objective In Progress" prompts because they didn't even work right, but I still had a couple of dialogues that had to be reset.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 102
08-03-2012, 07:47 AM
The new nameplates are causing some interesting results when you duplicate contacts or combat groups. It is default adding numbers (#1/#2/#3) to all the contacts like it used to for the secret names, but is now doing it to all the contact's nameplates with the new system.

This makes it really tedious as you need to go and rename fully edited combat groups and contacts instead of just copying a completed one. Since the identifying names and displayed names for contacts are now the same, this bug slipped in perhaps unintentionally.
Survivor of Romulus
# 103
08-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Zero, I've been getting a crash when I try to delete a map on one of my unpublished projects. The mission name is [HoloHistory] Caleb IV. Number is ST-HTMJRA3YR. The map I was trying to delete is called Caleb Outpost Interior. It did have objectives on it, but now I've moved them to a new map. Not sure if that makes a difference as I have not tried to delete it since the first couple times crashed everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
The new nameplates are causing some interesting results when you duplicate contacts or combat groups. It is default adding numbers (#1/#2/#3) to all the contacts like it used to for the secret names, but is now doing it to all the contact's nameplates with the new system.

This makes it really tedious as you need to go and rename fully edited combat groups and contacts instead of just copying a completed one. Since the identifying names and displayed names for contacts are now the same, this bug slipped in perhaps unintentionally.
I ran into this a little last night and found something interesting. I decided to get rid of an existing map and move those objectives to one of the new ones (Drozana Past), so I copied and pasted all the mobs over to the new map. These were Fed mobs that I reskinned with TOS uniforms, but I did not change the names.

When I pasted them on the new map they came up with names like Actor #8, Actor #9, Actor #10 or some such. However I discovered that if you delete the "Actor #8" and don't replace it with anything, it reverts to <unnamed contact> and the game will fill in the name of the mob like it normally does.

edit - added mission number
Join the Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable

Looking for a Foundry mission for your Romulan character? Look no further!

Last edited by drogyn1701; 08-03-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Lt. Commander
Found these guys floating around in my Foundry mission. I suspect they wanted to be fighter pilots.
Career Officer
# 105
08-03-2012, 12:59 PM
The editor seems very laggy. There are intermittent seconds long pauses where the editor doesn't respond. Something needs to be done to address this as it makes it very difficult to use.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 106
08-03-2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
The editor seems very laggy. There are intermittent seconds long pauses where the editor doesn't respond. Something needs to be done to address this as it makes it very difficult to use.
I second this request
Rihannsu
# 107
08-03-2012, 10:09 PM
I hope people have noted the intermittent complete lack of any music or ambient sound in space maps?

Sometimes even ground maps.

I can list some of my missions as examples.
I am a Cheestah.
Check out my Foundry missions
Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
Career Officer
Project Map > optional Map Popup Dialog

1) Only the first 100 characters of the dialog are shown in the text field of the dialog popup attributes. The new char counter shows 100/100 when the dialog actually contained 165.

2) If the initial dialog of an optional Map Popup Dialog has more than 100 characters in it and you attempt to edit that from the Map tab in the Text field of the attributes (that says 100/100 when it was really 165) instead of the Advanced Dialog Editor, when you click to the Advanced Editor button below the Text box only the first 100 characters are populated and the remaining text (65 characters) were missing.

FYI - none of my pre-S6 issues with entire maps being dropped when importing appear to be resolved either

Last edited by nemesischiken; 08-03-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Career Officer
# 109 Mission Import Crash
08-04-2012, 06:41 PM
So, I'm trying to import one of my foundry missions from the "Importable Missions" tab so that I can use some of the maps and costumes in a new mission without having to remake them all from scratch (some of the maps took several days to put together, and I REALLY don't want to have to try and remake them). But, when I try to import a particular mission it either comes up as the wrong mission (a different mission is imported to the one I clicked) or it comes up but trying to alter any of the content instantly crashes the Foundry. Anyone else suffered this problem? If so, any solutions other than complete rebuild? If not, can the devs possibly look into it?

-XA
Check out my Foundry Missions: Click Here!
Captain
# 110
08-05-2012, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexravus View Post
So, I'm trying to import one of my foundry missions from the "Importable Missions" tab so that I can use some of the maps and costumes in a new mission without having to remake them all from scratch (some of the maps took several days to put together, and I REALLY don't want to have to try and remake them). But, when I try to import a particular mission it either comes up as the wrong mission (a different mission is imported to the one I clicked) or it comes up but trying to alter any of the content instantly crashes the Foundry. Anyone else suffered this problem? If so, any solutions other than complete rebuild? If not, can the devs possibly look into it?

-XA
Well, I think I submitted a bug report on a similar issue before S6, where some of my costumes simply vanished into thin air upon importing. The whole point of me importing was to copy my costumes

Also, WHEN WILL YOU FIX THAT BLASTED PREVIEW SYSTEM!? IT'S SCARING ME OUT OF THE FOUNDRY, DELAYING MY NEXT MISSION!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.