Survivor of Romulus
# 51
07-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooch99a View Post
My newest mission "The Darkness Ellie Brings" has a problem. One map has a contact npc that is no matter how it goes, going to be within an AOE blast in a firefight due to tight quarter close combat map.

I played the mission several times, and at least 5 times, the contact npc was killed in the AOE blasts of combat, breaking the mission from progressing unless I beam out/back and reset that map and fight again, in which case 5 times later, I managed it without killing her.

Before season 6, it was rare that she got killed, but since the update, it's been numerous times. Obviously, this makes a random chance that players will experience this problem, but considering 5x in a row for me, that's looking like a "higher" chance of a broken mission.

I thought Npc contacts had been fixed to be unkillable by Aoe such as warp core breaches, etc? Or was this ship contacts?
That was supposed to be fixed months ago, guess not.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 52
07-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
I thought Npc contacts had been fixed to be unkillable by Aoe such as warp core breaches, etc? Or was this ship contacts?
The "fix" apparently only made it so that contacts that were the focus of the current objective can't be killed.

Why all contacts weren't simply made invulnerable, I don't know.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 53
07-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
The "fix" apparently only made it so that contacts that were the focus of the current objective can't be killed.

Why all contacts weren't simply made invulnerable, I don't know.
Er, so they will usually die, given that the logical sequence is kill enemies ---> talk to contact (in the room of the battle). If there is a battle, then the npc would not be part of the current objective.

In order to have the contacts remain safe, then the enemies have to be optional objectives?

Am I understanding that right?
Captain
# 54
07-30-2012, 01:36 PM
Basically Kirk.

I still go by making doubles of the speak with contacts in space where applicable.

The thing is, what we need is the ability to active toggle who or what we want to be invulnerable as a contact behavior. (Only contacts mind you, any enemy mobs and you get an unbeatable mission.)
Cryptic Studios Team
# 55
07-30-2012, 01:39 PM
I just want everyone to know that we've collected all the reports up to this point and are in the process of reproducing them so we can resolve them.

Thank you all for your dedication and assistance.
Survivor of Romulus
# 56
07-30-2012, 01:46 PM
No no, thank you. I know I might have busted your collective chops a bit asking for news, but it does seem like you've been handling this all mostly the right way. Hopefully we're on the home stretch and it won't be long till the editor can be turned on.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 57
07-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
I just want everyone to know that we've collected all the reports up to this point and are in the process of reproducing them so we can resolve them.

Thank you all for your dedication and assistance.
Thanks Zero. It really seems like this has gone very well, apart from some very minor things that we'll need to fix in our missions. Bang up job so far.

Please also note that my bug report about triggers may just be a bad tech on the replicator, so all those reproduction steps may be unnecessary.
Captain
# 58
07-30-2012, 02:01 PM
And as for the ground contacts refusing to run/beam back to start locations, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I haven't been able to make reliable results.

Two Missions which use the map:
"Personal Reflection" Map #4
"Distressed Calls" Map #3
Both XR-377 Author, don't remember project IDs.

In my tries "Distressed Calls" gets it more than the other. But again, sometimes it sticks, others it doesn't. I recall it being constantly working before, not sure if there was an (un)intended behavior/pathing change.
Starfleet Veteran
# 59
07-30-2012, 02:05 PM
Thanks, Zero.

The Npc was used in 2 objectives; you enter a room where she is communicating to a hologram of someone, and click an object interact "crouch down and listen in" which triggers a kneel emote, followed by a pop up of her convo.

After that, she spots you and summons orb of possibility quantum shadows of herself, and "kill enemies" objective.

After beating them, the Npc contact is actually "talked to" for a capture and interrogate objective. Seems like the solution is to possibly use her as a talk to twice? replace the object and pop up dialog with a talk to contact?
Captain
# 60
07-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Thanks, Zero.

The Npc was used in 2 objectives; you enter a room where she is communicating to a hologram of someone, and click an object interact "crouch down and listen in" which triggers a kneel emote, followed by a pop up of her convo.

After that, she spots you and summons orb of possibility quantum shadows of herself, and "kill enemies" objective.

After beating them, the Npc contact is actually "talked to" for a capture and interrogate objective. Seems like the solution is to possibly use her as a talk to twice? replace the object and pop up dialog with a talk to contact?
Could you put in a duplicate of her, set to appear at the end of combat in the exact spot and animation of the first? Then, use an invis object as the talk to interaction?