Captain
# 71
08-01-2012, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrick1707e View Post
Two of my missions have bugs that were not there before republishing,
Title, Infinite Avatar project ID ST-HG0BBIBID or it may be HGOBBIBID. Map 3 Kendra provence, the spawn point is now too low and the player falls through the floor of the city.

Mission Nuclear Wessels Project ID ST-HRM2VMWPD Map 4 area 51 4 NPC's are outside in the wrong place stuck too close together, and are in the wrong place.
This ties in to my one Holodeck Prop being too low. There may have been some changes involving map coordinates with height or how the high in respect to terrain/zero is determined. Hence why my holodeck and your spawn points were too low or in the wrong places.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 72
08-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Just so everyone knows, in tomorrow's patch, we're addressing the problem with the placement of objects that is causing them to be sunken.

At this point, we'll have addressed all the major issues that we know of.

If you've got something going on that's new, and that we haven't yet mentioned, please let us know in this thread. And please provide details, like the project ID and name and general location and how to reproduce the bug.

Thanks!

(Edited to fix up dangling modifier. Grammar failure. -_-)
Captain
# 73
08-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
At this point, we'll have addressed all the major issues that we know of concerning the Foundry.
Fixed your previous comment. There's still several major issues (all added in Season 6) that have yet to be resolved. But I suppose that's par for the course. Instead of fixing old bugs, Cryptic mostly adds new bugs, possibly as a tactical diversion so that we won't notice the old bugs.
Career Officer
# 74
08-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Fixed your previous comment. There's still several major issues (all added in Season 6) that have yet to be resolved. But I suppose that's par for the course. Instead of fixing old bugs, Cryptic mostly adds new bugs, possibly as a tactical diversion so that we won't notice the old bugs.
Your remark is so completely unnecessary. It is absolutely obvious that Zero is referring to the Foundry and not claiming that every single bug in all of STO is squished.

Zero has done nothing but outstanding work with the Foundry and this whole Foundry situation was handled refreshingly honestly and well. So maybe don't just attack her out of the blue?

"Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
Captain
# 75
08-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Not attacking her. Possibly Cryptic (as a whole). As people like to say, "it's nothing personal".

As for the Foundry specifically, had they had a proper system in place to begin with, the Foundry would've been back online the same day as Season 6 launched. Not weeks/months later. (looking at the fiasco of Season 4)
Survivor of Romulus
# 76 Incorrect Statement
08-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rehpic View Post
Silver players who had previously been gold, or who have purchased foundry project slots with Dilithium, are able to access the foundry. There was a bug that was preventing players from accessing the foundry, but that was fixed quite a while ago.
Unfortunately this statement happens to be untrue. I was a Gold member AND I have bought 8 Foundry Slots with Dilithium. My Characters for Content creation are still gone AND I can't even buy new Foundry Slots. This Problem has been reported to support as Ticket 120713-000194. Screenshot has been added.

Maybe this INCONVENIENCE retifies itself with tomorrow's patch.
Survivor of Romulus
# 77
08-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Not attacking her. Possibly Cryptic (as a whole). As people like to say, "it's nothing personal".

As for the Foundry specifically, had they had a proper system in place to begin with, the Foundry would've been back online the same day as Season 6 launched. Not weeks/months later. (looking at the fiasco of Season 4)
Funny, I've been looking everywhere but can't seem to find the version of the game that you made and maintained - you know, the one which had all its bugs fixed.

Come to think of it, I can't find the copy of the contract which legally obliged you to play this game.

What I'm getting at is: If you can't do it better yourself, shut up; and if you don't like it, play something else.

Like you said, "it's nothing personal," but I get very irritated by people complaining all the time when actually we have a very good game which we can play with no necessary cost to ourselves.
Career Officer
# 78
08-01-2012, 05:39 PM
I ran my "main" Foundry mission last night. It relies on sound effects (explosions, howls, machinery, etc.) and all of those sounds are now missing. I have one scene where you're down in a mine with heavy equipment everywhere. The screen still trembles, but there's no sound to go along with it. It looks like your character is just drunk! lol

"Shipwrecked!" - Klingon Foundry mission
Ensign
# 79
08-01-2012, 06:04 PM
so does that mean the foundry is going back up tomorow?
Lt. Commander
# 80
08-01-2012, 08:08 PM
I was told to report issues here.
I hope these are fixable because two of these three missions have been spotlighted, and as they stand now...well...they are quite crappy to be honest.

1. All three of my missions have objects that appear to be shifted around or are missing completely.

2. Lighting seems different, it is no longer possible to create "blackness". All of my missions feature areas that you could not see into before. those effects are ruined. I was able to use dark colored walls and dark lighting. now players can see that the blackness is a wall. Perhaps you could provide an object that is colored simple black to be used in this way.

3. Costumes all seem "aged", as if everything has been set to "aged4"

4. Some dialogues seem to be missing.

5. Sounds are out of place and screwed up.

6. Some enemies don't fight

7. Various unnecessary interact prompts

Missions in question are:
Grazorak City
Three Degrees of Seperation
Stiletto

Thanx
HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png

CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!

Last edited by woghd; 08-01-2012 at 08:27 PM.