Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Captain
No more buying a oddy and having all you characters have access to one!!

Just kidding - or am I - considering the new EVA suit for 700 Zen Per toon! Its the future Baby!
Career Officer
# 2
07-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post

Just kidding - or am I - considering the new EVA suit for 700 Zen Per toon! Its the future Baby!
I suspect that it is the road we're heading down.

Let's face reality for a moment here; per-character purchases = more money in the Cryptic business bank account.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-26-2012, 08:37 AM
I'd be shocked if they didn't go back and make all other account wide unlocks, character only as well.
"The universe is a beautiful place, full of wonders. And it wants to kill you."

Joint Date: June 1908
Lieutenant
# 4
07-26-2012, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post

Honestly. If that is the next thing that happens. I am not surprised. It is already happening with Fleet ships. drop 20 dollars to get a retrofit, but if you need another one you're going to have to drop another 20 dollars. It looks like this is the future to me.

But that is okay. I have the ships that I want right now, I am happy with free ships, and I have other places that I can spend the money instead of STO.
Commander
# 5
07-26-2012, 08:38 AM
I thought that's what was happening anyway haha....seriously. We just need to sit and wait.

Wonder how much longer until Cryptic accepts that people aren't liking how STO has been handled the past few months.
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
Lieutenant
# 6
07-26-2012, 08:39 AM
Breath, take a deep breath.

Ok, now that you are calmer, listen.

You have to learn to accept STO for what it is, and what it will be as time passes. We knew certain restrictions may eventually happen with C-Store items after PWE bought Cryptic.

You have to learn to accept it, and move on.

Seriously, there is no amount of forum debating, tweeting or anything that will force a policy change if this is indeed the case for future ships. You simply have to, pun not intended, adapt.

Once you realize there are going to be business decisions you do not agree with, and simply play the game working around those problems, you'll have more fun and it's less stressful. You can still vent and debate about them all you want but acceptance will help. Since the forums are changed, I can't tell how long you've played amongst us (I'm sorry I do not recognize the name either) so this may or may not be new to you.

redshirtarmy.com - RedShirtArmy Podcast
STO / Cryptic member since 2009 (mavgeek)
Captain
# 7
07-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Just got a message from them thanking me for the great idea - sorry
Career Officer
# 8
07-26-2012, 08:40 AM
Hence why cryptic/pwe only want you to have one character. It must be because everything is being geared towards that ideal...
I only really play 2 characters, I have more for the sole purpose of grinding dilithium and doffs, but that is it. I see no reason to ever play another toon through the may grinds that exist now, it just makes zero sense.
Captain
# 9
07-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrafortune View Post
I'd be shocked if they didn't go back and make all other account wide unlocks, character only as well.
You should be getting a thank you message from them soon to - they really love the idea of retro-actively going back and locking out all but 1 ship - and making you buy back the ship you were just using on your alt - great suggestion:
Captain
# 10
07-26-2012, 08:49 AM
Well, in reality, who buys a ship for ALL there characters? If you have a Klingon, you can't fly the Oddy anyways. You have tune each ship to the character. Some ships do not mesh well with different play styles or toons. An MVAE would work well for a tactical officer, but my sci toon would miss all the science boff slots my LRSV-retro has.

And again, money wise, it makes sense for them to make more money off us. More money=More game. So everyone wins.