Captain
# 11
07-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
Yep, another PR fluff piece.

I may be able to log into the game without trouble, but I feel for those who can't.
In their defense, there's been at least two threads since last night's patch where people have reported that they can now get in.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 12
07-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Please release more KDF uniform packs prior to Season 7....pretty please with sprinkles on top ...
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
07-27-2012, 05:22 PM
Daniel Stahl, we appreciate what devs have put into this game, but please get your Zynga ideals out of STO or go back to Zynga which is a known predatory company that squeezes its base dry of money relentlessly until they get fed up.

Did I mention Zynga is getting pwned by quarterly losses?

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Commander
# 14
07-27-2012, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
Daniel Stahl, we appreciate what devs have put into this game, but please get your Zynga ideals out of STO or go back to Zynga which is a known predatory company that squeezes its base dry of money relentlessly until they get fed up.

Did I mention Zynga is getting pwned by quarterly losses?
LOL you said pwned.
Arawn & Ihasa
OP *is* the new balance, whether you know it or not! Gecko says so.
Season 7 - Exodus, available online. U buy nao!
http://seekingalpha.com/article/7382...-latest-update
Career Officer
# 15
07-27-2012, 06:06 PM
When you look at it it is truly amazing to see the lack of content that was put in the game over the past 2 and a half years. PvP being one of the biggest effected by the lack development and solid leadership. People can blame atari all they want but in reality it comes down to Dan Stahl. Maybe his time at zynga has poisoned his mind to the point where he feels it is acceptable to nickle and dime the players to death, the same players that stood by STO through its many up's and down's.
Divine Protectorate Gaming
STO Beta Tester and Original Cryptic user
Lieutenant
# 16
07-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Yay! More disingeuous BS!
Lieutenant
# 17
07-27-2012, 07:04 PM
?it is absolutely a GREAT time to start playing STO.?

I find this especially funny since I have not played the game since December and Season 6 has done nothing to draw me back in, the opposite may actually be true.
Captain
# 18
07-27-2012, 07:30 PM
I think Pvp needs an address, after all, a lot of people were looking forward to seeing what Gozer was going to do.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Commander
# 19
07-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogmahone70 View Post
When you look at it it is truly amazing to see the lack of content that was put in the game over the past 2 and a half years. PvP being one of the biggest effected by the lack development and solid leadership. People can blame atari all they want but in reality it comes down to Dan Stahl. Maybe his time at zynga has poisoned his mind to the point where he feels it is acceptable to nickle and dime the players to death, the same players that stood by STO through its many up's and down's.
i agree with all but one thing.......$20-$50 is far more than nickle and diming.....

we are being gouged.........

Starfleet Veteran
# 20
07-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Daniel Stahl

On July 1, 2010 Daniel Stahl left Star Trek Online.

In September 2011 he revealed as taking a position at Zynga http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?p=3769999

In December 2011 he rejoined Star Trek Online

How coincidental that Heretic of Star Trek Online wrote a post ( not directly mentioning star trek online ) regarding using their base as something to be squeezed dry instead of as something to be cherished and cared for. Also commenting on Zynga the company itself in the same glomp. Oh yes, that is just a coincidence.

Quote:
This is, I think, the inevitable result of a business strategy that sees customers as resources to mine rather than, well, customers.
Works for a while, but it's not something that can be easily leveraged into a long term business proposition.
I disagree with the article, however, that this is a sign of weakness in the concept of social games at all; rather, it is a sign of weakness in a
relentlessly predatory approach to both customers and the industry as a whole. Treat your customers well, and they will treat you well.
How coincidental that all this gamble gouge your customer nonsense starts around the same time Daniel comes back from a gouge your customer company.

Zynga is now all about the gamble http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...nCrFV9thlOLpNK

STO is becoming all about the... can someone tell me?

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |