Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Fleet Starbase "System"?
07-28-2012, 05:49 PM
So the Fleet Starbase "System" is supposed to be just that, a system, is it not? You would think that it being a "system" there would be a planet, or a moon, or a star, or even asteroids present. As it is, it is out in the deep vacuum of space with nothing around. The trailer showed it with a planet if I am not mistaken. Can we at least get SOMETHING to break up the monotony of emptiness?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchngc View Post
So the Fleet Starbase "System" is supposed to be just that, a system, is it not? You would think that it being a "system" there would be a planet, or a moon, or a star, or even asteroids present. As it is, it is out in the deep vacuum of space with nothing around. The trailer showed it with a planet if I am not mistaken. Can we at least get SOMETHING to break up the monotony of emptiness?
This ^ Cosmetics ARE Important here. and if you are making a dance floor for Starbase, make it IMPRESSIVE, like the ESD one!!! :3

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Captain
# 3
07-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Agreed. I'm sure the Genesis Engine is capable of making some random space maps for our starbases. (Just make sure they remain constant for each starbase, please!)
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 4
07-29-2012, 05:58 AM
Agreed. Honestly, I always hoped we'd be able to pick a system from the exploration zones to put our starbases in; that way, we'd have got our pick of backdrops, and a choice of locations.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
07-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
This ^ Cosmetics ARE Important here. and if you are making a dance floor for Starbase, make it IMPRESSIVE, like the ESD one!!! :3
There seem to be some hidden things on our minimap (a conference table in the glassed in area, a dance floor in the corner upstairs near the bar, and a hidden UFP symbol in the transporter room). Hopefully we will see them soon.