Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
# 1 D'Deridex Warbird Problem
07-29-2012, 03:25 AM
I'm reporting this here because I believe it has to be a bug in the system... if it's not, then it's someone's idea of a cruel joke.

The D'Deridex-class warbirds are UNBEATBLE. They are entirely too strong for mid-level enemies. They are overpowered, too fast, and way too much for one player to handle. I do not believe these ships are intended to be this powerful and so impossible to defeat. It's really a big issue and seriously affects the enjoyment of the gameplay to the extent that I drop Foundry missions that include them, and I have not continued my single-player campaign because the warbird is just too powerful. It's almost a cheat for the GM to use these ships.

If there is a way to reduce their power drastically so that they are evenly matched, if not slightly less powerful, than the player-character, that would seriously go a long way to improving the quality of the stories, both from Foundry authors and from the default single-player missions. As of right now, they are totally unbeatable when evenly matched with the player-character.

This is a really huge problem. Thanks for your time and attention.

PS: if this has already been discussed elsewhere, please make a note that this is yet another complaint on the overpowered D'deridex warbirds. I'm sure this is a bad bug in the system and nothing else.
Captain
# 2
07-29-2012, 05:30 AM
New player? Commander level? Don't worry, most of us have been there. At low level these ships are the biggest challenge this game offers.

I'll give you a tactic. First a don't. Don't get into its 5 km zone. It can grab you there with its tractor beam and shoots its heavey plasma torpedo barrage at you. At commander level you probably won't survive it.

Circle it at more than 5km, hit it broadside with your beams. When a shield is down, turn outwards to fire an aft torpedo, then inward to fire a foreward torpedo. So keep a good eye on your distance.

It helps when you have good weapons, at least have some consoles that buff things up.

Take tac team, so your facing shield is auto rgenerated. Also bind distribute shield to a key and hit it once every 2 seconds. Use auto fire for your beams otherwise you will be spamming your beam keys and the distribute shield key. I did that and it is good for stress, but not for efficient game play.

Now if you are tractor beamed, you can escape with polarize hull, evasive maneuvres and fire a torpedo spread from your aft. These are all boff skills you can get at your level and they are basic things; always handy to have.

Btw, there is a mission, Ground Zero, there you have to fight an upgraded D'Dedirex. Good luck
Ensign
# 3
08-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Captain, Level 33.

And your strategy couldn't have been more wrong.

Even maintaining distance, these bastards heal their damage as though nothing has happened. All your strategy did for me was make me die slower.

These things are a pure cheat in the system and remain impossible to beat. No matter what I did, instead of taking me 10 seconds to die, I can now hold out for a good 5 minutes before I die. I don't know what bonuses these ships have, but they certainly give a disadvantage to the player and make the game unplayable in Romulan space. While I pelt away at their shields, and even cause their shields to fail, their hull integrity is beyond unreal. And no matter how much damage I do to them, their hull heals as fast as a single disruptor blast takes down my shields, even at 6-9 km distance.

I hope this will be addressed in the next update. This is a really horrible cheat for the system and I'm real close not wanting to play STO anymore for the simple fact that a sup't-up (to the point of cheating) mid-level Romulan ship sucks the fun out of playing this incredible game. I've shared some missions with some of my Admiral fleet buddies, and when the computer automatically sets the level of the Romulan based on their level, they also have a really hard time beating those ships without suffering extreme damage or ship injury.

And what's more... a Valdor should be more powerful than a D'deridex! The Romulans in this game are completely off balance. PLEASE fix this, SOON!
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kietero View Post
Captain, Level 33.

And your strategy couldn't have been more wrong.

Even maintaining distance, these bastards heal their damage as though nothing has happened. All your strategy did for me was make me die slower.

These things are a pure cheat in the system and remain impossible to beat. No matter what I did, instead of taking me 10 seconds to die, I can now hold out for a good 5 minutes before I die. I don't know what bonuses these ships have, but they certainly give a disadvantage to the player and make the game unplayable in Romulan space. While I pelt away at their shields, and even cause their shields to fail, their hull integrity is beyond unreal. And no matter how much damage I do to them, their hull heals as fast as a single disruptor blast takes down my shields, even at 6-9 km distance.

I hope this will be addressed in the next update. This is a really horrible cheat for the system and I'm real close not wanting to play STO anymore for the simple fact that a sup't-up (to the point of cheating) mid-level Romulan ship sucks the fun out of playing this incredible game. I've shared some missions with some of my Admiral fleet buddies, and when the computer automatically sets the level of the Romulan based on their level, they also have a really hard time beating those ships without suffering extreme damage or ship injury.

And what's more... a Valdor should be more powerful than a D'deridex! The Romulans in this game are completely off balance. PLEASE fix this, SOON!
The nice thing about story mode is you always know what kind of enemy you will be faceing. since you are in the romulad campaign you will be up against plasma torpedos and disruptor weapons, sometimes tetryon and chronitonn if your fighting the hirogen.

There are shields that come with modifierd that reduce the damage of specific energy types, you should search the exchange for [pla] [dis] mod's also search for armor consoled that include resistances to these things. you can use ablative armor or victorium alloy at your level. Equiping these things should increase your survivability. Also since i don't know what kind of captain you are or what ship your in im unsure of you Boff skill availability, but hazard emitters is definately available to you as wel las tractor beam rebulsors. Hazard emitters will remove the dot you suffer from those torpedos as well as heal you and tractor beam repulsors is a good way to get out of a tractor hold (since you can push your enemy out of its range) and can kill high yeild plasma torpedos. also its important to make sure you are properly equiped with the right gear. At your level everything you have should be MK VIII.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Captain
# 5
08-02-2012, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kietero View Post
Captain, Level 33.

I've shared some missions with some of my Admiral fleet buddies, and when the computer automatically sets the level of the Romulan based on their level

If you're on now, i can try and help if you want? FED side right?
If you want Private message me and ill try help my handle is @elandarksky
Ensign
# 6
08-02-2012, 06:05 AM
ok, easiest way to beat them, and it may sound like a bug or exploit is as follows.

skills: tact team, hazard emitters, and as many shield boosts as you can get

tactics. full impulse charge the warbird and basically stay as close as possible to him. when you see the heavy plasma torpedoes slap on tac team and hazard emitters and the warbird should almost kill itself. the heavy plasma torpedoes do an AoE type damage which will hit the warbird but you have to remain close to it. other than those torpedoes it has little in the way of offensive power and some minor shield buffs should keep you alive.

honestly I figured this out when I was using a engineering captain and was trying to optimize my beam damage by remaining close and couldn't understand why the warbirds just suddenly died from 50%.
Ensign
# 7
08-02-2012, 09:54 AM
Actually the Warbirds can be pretty easy to beat if you know their weaknesses. I've killed them with my Connie by getting close and using Fire at Will and Attack Pattern Alpha, targetting the plasma torpedoes as they're fired. If you can kill the first torpedo in the barrage, it seems the other ones will subsequently detonate as they're being fired, causing MASSIVE amounts of plasma damage to the Warbird if its within the detonation yield. Basically the thing will destroy itself if you keep doing this.
Rihannsu
# 8
08-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Destroying a heavy seeker seems to make it explode, doing damage to everyhtin in a small radius, in this case the other seekers.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Well, Warbirds are probably some of the hardest ships to fight during the story mode, but they are far from being "unbeatable", if you know what you do. Use multiple target attacks like fire at will or torpedo spread, to destroy the salvos, keep your distance, get higher plasma resistance and hazard emitters etc.

There are a lot of ways, to destroy them.
Empire Veteran
# 10
08-05-2012, 04:51 PM
if you cant defeat the ddredex, you are literally only using 1% of yours ships potential. theres nothing wrong with the npc, its your build
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus