Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Banned
# 11
07-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
Nice shots, I do have a few questions though. I'm sure most of these are on the minds of others that are just to shy to ask them.

1.) Is Lymuv as sexy in real life as in these videos?

2.) Does your ship not have an 8-Track as standard equipment? (teh moosic went away!)

3.) How can you stand yourself for shooting a ship as stunningly good looking as teh Marmot?

4.) Should I change the name to H.O.K. as I'm fairly certain I'm no longer in House of Duecelon?

And some NON questions. Just a note. Swapping weapons out didn't clear anything but the white box. New weapons worked. Old weapons didn't. You could put the old weapons back in and the box is gone, but nothing fires. Tre annoying.

And yes NPC's using PSW torpedo ability cause this also. Sooper annoying.

Cheers and ty for watching.

and Mav, next time get my good side in the closeups. sheesh.
1: Pure speculation.

2: The 8track is being upgraded at the moment. Also, during for serious testing I try to maintain a certain level of quiet on the set

3: You should see the abuse I give my pretty car on the weekends.

4: Most likely yes

PS: You have a good side?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 12
07-30-2012, 07:03 PM
If you could do me a quick favor, see what happens when you use Sci Team after getting hit with this weapon disabling effect. Sci Team should clear the disable from Photonic Shockwave, so I'm curious to see if the weapon offline is tied to that disable or if it might be something else going on.
Lieutenant
# 13
07-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I have seen the "white Box" issues manifest even when one is just trying to activate too many powers too quickly in combat and somehow lock out the "WB' power. This seemed to definately happen to my weapons, torpedoes more often than not, the most.
I've alwsy had to log out and back in to fix it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
If you could do me a quick favor, see what happens when you use Sci Team after getting hit with this weapon disabling effect. Sci Team should clear the disable from Photonic Shockwave, so I'm curious to see if the weapon offline is tied to that disable or if it might be something else going on.

i too have had this happen. its happened to BOFF/players (including guns), whether i use 1 or many. I believe it has nothing to do with any power that can disable the target such as PSW but is a completely randomly timed bug. and that when u noticed this is when u get disabled or coincidently thats only when it occurs for u.

Therefore Mr. jheinig sir. There is somthing else other then a few broken player/boff/critter powers

Last edited by blastenblaster1; 07-30-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 14
07-30-2012, 08:21 PM
I've seen this too one of the issues is it happens with PSW, Shockwave Torp, and the KDF Graviton console... The Sci Team with setups I have that use it clears you out but its so short of a duration by the time you hit it the duration of the weapons lockout is gone anyways even if you don't use Sci Team.
Commander
# 15
07-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Nice Mav, and thanks for your hard work.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
07-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
Nice Mav, and thanks for your hard work.
I'm so confused. I thought you talked to 15 or 20 people one on one who all said it was scrambles? And that the bug could carry over through different maps and matches?
Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
Banned
# 17
07-31-2012, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
Does sci team also clear tric stuns?

Something to note completely removing the weapon and putting in new ones, the new weapons work fine. However, if you put the old ones back in, they still will not fire. Which leads me to believe that ST will not work either.

I will give it a try during my next round of testing though.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 18
07-31-2012, 02:27 PM
No, Sci Team will only clear disables based from a science power. Tricobalt disables are not science-power-based, so Sci Team will not clear them.

Borticus and I formulated a hypothesis recently and Borticus was able to get some (not entirely consistent) repetition in testing, so investigation is ongoing.
Career Officer
# 19
07-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Aren't disable power supposed to disable everything for the disable duration?

I have never thought of it as a bug but the power intention.
Banned
# 20
07-31-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strorus View Post
Aren't disable power supposed to disable everything for the disable duration?

I have never thought of it as a bug but the power intention.
Watch the vid to see just what the problem is.