Commander
# 1 Spending Fleet Credits
07-29-2012, 10:09 AM
Does anyone know if Fleet Credits have to be spent in the Fleet they were earned in? If you have, say, 20000 Fleet Creds and you leave that fleet and join another fleet are they spendable in the new fleet? It seems they must be but the question was recently raised in fleet discussion and thought I would ask here and see of anyone has a definite answer? Thanks...
ZOE: "Sir! You paid money for this?... on purpose??"

KIRK: "Excuse me... what does God need with a starship?"
Empire Veteran
# 2
07-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Fleet credits, once earned, stay to that character, even if you are kicked out, they stay.

Now a leaderboard position is fleet-bound, so if you join another fleet, you start at 0 on that.

Lieutenant
# 3
07-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Nothing good seems to be able to be purchased so far and what's big deal with fleet ships are they really that good?
Phasers set to fun since 2010 -- http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post16340871
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
07-29-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkirk300 View Post
Nothing good seems to be able to be purchased so far and what's big deal with fleet ships are they really that good?
The fleet ships are a significant upgrade to current equivalent ships ... its just the Fleet Ship Module that sucks.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 5
07-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
The fleet ships are a significant upgrade to current equivalent ships ... its just the Fleet Ship Module that sucks.
Which are available on the exchange for about 5 million each last time I checked.
Commander
# 6
07-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the info, I was pretty sure they stayed with you and were spendable in any fleet but wanted some verification.

I'm not terribly impressed with the Fleet ships/Fleet base only ship currently offered... with the exception of the K'Tinga Retrofit! YAYYYYYYYY... next best thing to a true Connie Retrofit is this lovely darlin'... now gotta get one fer my Klingon's, bless 'em!
ZOE: "Sir! You paid money for this?... on purpose??"

KIRK: "Excuse me... what does God need with a starship?"
Lieutenant
# 7
07-29-2012, 07:34 PM
In a big fleet there is no way to spend the fleet marks. The projects get filled instantly. You are left with a bunch of worthless credits and nothing to do with them.

To be honest I don't see why another two currencies were needed. We already had gold plated latinum, dilithium, Atari credits and energy credits. Why do we need fleet marks and fleet credits as well?
Captain
# 8
07-29-2012, 07:41 PM
If anyone needs some place to use up fleet marks, please let me know. liliana@theapparatus in game.

thanks
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 9
07-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkirk300 View Post
nothing good huh? Take a look through the quartermaster on the base - triage center + forward outpost together can turn the Hard ground tholian mission to easy as pi.

the ultra rare ground weapons are nothing to sneeze at either. beam in tactical npc's for extra fire power, beam in sci npc's for healing spam gone wild, fleet wide ship heals, etc - lot's of good stuff in that base besides Ships.
Captain
# 10
07-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Now a leaderboard position is fleet-bound, so if you join another fleet, you start at 0 on that.
I am severely disappoint at that.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.