Captain
# 11
07-29-2012, 07:26 PM
I don't know - today in a few colony invasion missions with a group of geared up elite STF players the Klingon Npc's were cutting us all to shreads in a few shots - everyone was like WTF is going on - Maco 12 gear was being cut down like it was made of wet paper - it was a slaughter fest

I mean Infected ground elte is like a stroll in the park compared to this colony invasion run

Something is wacky with the AI

Example - my ground toon has 4 gound traits and max ground skills - M12 set of Maco - my hits were doing dmg in the 30-60 range - theirs was 10x higher in the 300-600 per shot range

Last edited by levi3; 07-29-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Commander
# 12
07-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
Donatra only cloaks if you get closer than 5k, if the whole team stays out she won't cloak, ever. Fighters don't make her cloak BTW,

But what your talking about sounds like a lag issue where you or the person being targeted are out of sync with the game.
she was cloaking...wouldn't have mentioned it otherwise. wasn't a lag issue, run possibly thousands of stf's now. i know her patterns. think i could do any of them asleep. she was just not firing her cannon. to add to that the new stf weirdness, nothing except tac cubes are tractoring anymore. not that i'm complaining mind >.>
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
07-30-2012, 12:31 AM
I think they've screwed up the aggro. Just the other day I attracted the aggro of a group of borg spheres and had to retreat owing to the sheer number of them. I used the impulse capacitance cell got 15 kms away. Two of my team mates started opening fire upon them but the spheres ignored the people firing on them and closed the gap waaaaay faster than I'd seen before.

Surely this is an error? If another player starts to fire on an opponent after you've ceased attacking, surely the aggro should transfer? Are opponents really supposed to have grudges that transcend logic?
Captain
# 14
07-30-2012, 12:40 AM
i have been noticing this strange behavior as well. especially the running away ships in the fleet alerts makes finishing the waves a bit difficult when they leave and you have to hunt them down
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-30-2012, 12:48 AM
its not just the fleet events and lower elvel stuff several times i have seen a cube do the same thing the first poster mentioned but in KASE i am guarding right probes they pull a cube on the left side and all of a sudden i look up and a cube is on top of me less than a second after they pop the thing. have seen this happen more than once to several people so it is not a one time thing.
Lieutenant
# 16
07-30-2012, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flekh View Post
Last week, on normal difficulty, I could pretty much take anything head-on with my Tac/BoP - just pop CRF and TT at max distance and fly through the explosion.
Now ... I have to pop nearly every single cooldown if I want to pull that stunt. And even then, I've had a Galor actually SURVIVE that today. ~15k dps, and it didn't go down, 'needed a second run to finish it off.
Not to mention that it nearly took half my hull doing so, thanks to the Feedback Pulse.
This sounds like an improvement to the game to me, giving the AI some teeth and actually making us work for our kills like we should have all along.

Cryptic has given the AI some of the BOff skills that players have access to, Feedback Pulse for instance, so now we have to think our way through some battles.

Why exactly is anyone complaining?

Having said that, there are some AI ships that do insane amounts of one shot damage and that could perhaps be looked at.
The user formerly known as DogsBody.
Here before PWE (and hopefully) here long after PWE is gone.

What this game needs is PvP, NOT PWE.
Captain
# 17
07-30-2012, 03:43 AM
i have to agree that the AI in this game is not very suffisticated, but most of the OP's post sounds like a rant from someone with a weak ship setup.
the experiance i had on elite patrol missions was that it took longer...nothing more.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 18
07-30-2012, 03:55 AM
Screwed up?

I LIKE that the AI ships are harder to destroy now. If I had it my way all ship NPC AIs will have D'Deridex Defender levels of self preservation. Now that was a worthy foe to defeat with a mere Cheyenne class! (the lowbie one!)

Ships running away? That's what tractor beams are for.

The harder the opposition, the better new players will appreciate the learning curve of starship design before going into STFs and royally failing (and its not that a lot of pro STFers will help them either, face it).
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Captain
# 19
07-30-2012, 10:05 AM
If you like it that ships are harder to kill with illogical leaps in abilities, then why don't you request that even the smallest enemy fighter have the hull rating, shield power, and boff skills of an elite TAC cube?

Your arguments are false because based upon what you say, you wouldn't mind impossible odds every time.

That is NOT what I'm talking about, and I made this clear. If you can't understand that, you are part of the minority that go along with whatever the devs put out, and justify it to yourself. Because there IS NO justification for their recent actions.

No justification at all. You pretending there IS justification is simply your inner sheep/lemming showing through.

As I've said, and I'm tiring of repeating myself, there are other ways to make things hard, but cryptic fail again and again to learn this -- they just make things impossible and call it done.
Career Officer
# 20
07-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara View Post
Screwed up?

I LIKE that the AI ships are harder to destroy now. If I had it my way all ship NPC AIs will have D'Deridex Defender levels of self preservation. Now that was a worthy foe to defeat with a mere Cheyenne class! (the lowbie one!)

Ships running away? That's what tractor beams are for.

The harder the opposition, the better new players will appreciate the learning curve of starship design before going into STFs and royally failing (and its not that a lot of pro STFers will help them either, face it).
Absolutely. We need more difficult AI. If only they could achieve this by having the NPC's have player-like hitpoint levels (and increase resistance accordingly, so that it roughly stays as hard as before).