Rihannsu
# 21
07-30-2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
If you like it that ships are harder to kill with illogical leaps in abilities, then why don't you request that even the smallest enemy fighter have the hull rating, shield power, and boff skills of an elite TAC cube?
[...]
The direction of NPC using more abilities that are already in the game, of AI doing something for self-preservation etc. is certainly a good one, in my opinion. The exact details may be worth looking at, but I simply disagree with the "screwed up" notion. The devs improved the AI, they are just not finished with it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Captain
# 22
07-30-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyman View Post
its not just the fleet events and lower elvel stuff several times i have seen a cube do the same thing the first poster mentioned but in KASE i am guarding right probes they pull a cube on the left side and all of a sudden i look up and a cube is on top of me less than a second after they pop the thing. have seen this happen more than once to several people so it is not a one time thing.
this happend to me as well wile guarding probes. all of a sudden i have a cube firing on me
Career Officer
# 23
07-30-2012, 11:02 AM
There's some kind of lunacy going on there. negwars on cse now at 283k health... which used to be 160k odd. And it still one shoots you with iso charge no matter what you do.
STF Elite Advanced Tactics
Captain
# 24
07-30-2012, 01:31 PM
This is NOT a bug thread. These aren't bugs, they are concious (and bad) decisions made by Cryptic programmers. Moving this thread so that others don't read it won't stop the problem -- the programmers aren't playing their own game and are making bad illogical decisions.
Commander
# 25
07-30-2012, 05:34 PM
I am unaware if there even is an ai programmer in sto. Never heard any mention of him if he exists. If he does, could someone please tell me the name of the two-year-old who is so lazy they decided they would make invisa torps and iso charges instead of ais that balanced shields and used e2s regularly?
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Captain
# 26
07-31-2012, 07:32 PM
The AI is sloppy across the board. Never used to act this way in Season 5, but as soon as S6 was released the result is the same: Space or Ground, if the AI targets player, it will NEVER let up, EVER, to the point of following you across hell and back, beyond points it should reasonably have disengaged you, and will warp/bend physics/game-code to follow you in impossible maneuvers just to kill killing you.

I've noticed this on ground attackers too. It's not a bug, it's bull-poop programming.

And again, moving this thread out of the general discussion to hide the fact isn't going to stop the problem. I put in a ticket to move it back, but funny enough the ticket system doesn't allow me to go in and follow up on tickets.

I submitted another ticket, but you see the circlical problem I have with that right now....
Commander
# 27
07-31-2012, 08:07 PM
there are some funny moments because of the AI's...persistence.
had a klingon body following me around in night of the comet after break up the barfight was completed. always spun so the head pointed at me. chased me until the bar reset

like there was a tractor beam attached to my heels dragging him along.
Career Officer
# 28
08-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkraust View Post
You should the Teran Incursion.
Every_Cruiser_Has_Tractor_Beams.

Basically, you go in and you get Tractor'd. Omega 3? Tractor again. Evasive Maneuvers? Tractor again. Ramming Speed? Repulsors (Seriously).

Also some ships have this thing where you can't even attack for 5 seconds which is stupid.

Cryptic just making matches last forever this way.

I quit playing it because of that. Even the Mirandas have tractor beams. And I believe the "thing" that shuts off your weps for 5 seconds is the Phaser proc, or some variant of it that increases the chance of proc, but limited to weps. I would think this is the case since there is so much Phaser spam.