Ensign
# 1 how do I get a Fleet K't'inga?
07-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Sorry for the noobie question, but I have never joined a fleet before.

So how do I get a Fleet K't'inga Battle Cruiser Retrofit?

I know that I

- need to join a fleet
- earn 20,000 FC
- the fleet I join needs to have a level 4 shipyard

Is that it/all?

PS anyone got a fleet I can join?
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
07-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Also buy 4 Fleet Support Modules. (500 Zen each)

I can't see anyone being near a T4 Shipyard yet but.

Also the fleet needs to produce "things" for the ship to be purchased. And I think Fleets will be choosing who gets those
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-29-2012, 09:58 PM
its a tier 1 fleet shipyard unlock . you need the fleet cr and the 4 modules after that
Captain
# 4
07-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
Also buy 4 Fleet Support Modules. (500 Zen each)

I can't see anyone being near a T4 Shipyard yet but.

Also the fleet needs to produce "things" for the ship to be purchased. And I think Fleets will be choosing who gets those

"Things" are Starbase Military Fleet Ship Provisioning, and by the time most fleets most hit a T4 shipyard they'll likely have dozens if not hundreds of them. There's no real way with the current system to denote who gets what requisitions, only to lock out things entirely. Also, a Tier 4 shipyard will likely take months unless Cryptic adjusts things, it's supposed to take 6 months minimum to reach T5 everything, and each Tier takes more than the previous. Tier 2 shipyards *might* be gotten by the largest fleets in a week or two.

Last edited by tom61sto; 07-29-2012 at 10:38 PM. Reason: one large name for 'things'
Lieutenant
# 5
07-29-2012, 11:07 PM
You need to be in a fleet that has built their Tier 1 shipyard and be of sufficient rank to make purchases. Not all fleets allow new members to donate or buy.

But I really recommend that you do not spend your money on the Fleet K'T'Inga. It is not as good as a Vor'cha retrofit cruiser that you can get at level 40 for free. If you want a cruiser you might want to wait until the Tor'Kaht Fleet Cruiser is available (Tier 2) which some fleets may have reached and others are soon approaching.

Here's a value review of the ships:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=324091

Peet
Career Officer
# 6
07-30-2012, 07:19 AM
I bought the Fleet Ktinga Retrofit.

Your fleet must have a Tier I shipyard. You must be allowed by your fleet (permissions) to purchase ships. You must have 20k fleet credit. If you do not already own the Ktinga, it will also cost 4 ship modules.

It's a fun ship. I mounted all cannons and turrets on it because I DO WHAT I WANT.

Last edited by emperorandy; 08-08-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 7
07-30-2012, 07:57 AM
HI

My fleet, House 010 is looking for new members and we would love to have you! Ours is a small fleet (~31 members), but a fun and social group and have a inter fleet chat channel with our fed counterpart so we can talk to members on the other side of the neutral zone. We are currently constructing the industrial fabricator and then we are upgrading to tier 1 starbase. We will have the shipyard project up afterwards, but we will have to allow older members to obtain ships first, if you don't mind the wait. If you are interested send me a in game mail to Korth@PortgazD.

Regards
PortgazD
Vice-Chancellor of Federation Fleet Directive 010

DISENCHANTED
Lieutenant
# 8
07-30-2012, 08:19 AM
first and formost that link to those ships is a bit narrow minded. He is trying to balance how much things cost and how good they are. I feel his comparisions are flawed.

For example..the Fleet K't'inga Battle Cruiser Retrofit ROCKS.....I put 4 DHCs up front with turrets in the back. Its a BEAST.
Empire Veteran
# 9
07-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Tier 1 shipyard, 20,000 fleet credits, permission to buy provisioned items, and your fleet must have provisiond ships available.

Also, it costs 4 modules (there is no CStore KTinga, so no discount is possible.)

I bought this. It is essentially a T5 Vorcha with an extra science console, slightly worse shields, slightly better turn rate. Exact same BOff layout.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-31-2012, 06:22 PM
At first I very much wanted to grab this ship, but right now I am having plenty of fun running arround in a MU vor'cha.

I'll probably still get one eventually, but I am now not in any hurry.