Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,555
# 11
08-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Actually even the best speced shuttle is no match for an original enterprise in terms of fire power (retro phasers at mk xII are as strong as any beam weapon in the game)
let me explain, why this statement is very very wrong:

1.) shuttle has identical or even more HP, but only slightly less shield points with the same shield.
2.) retro phasers never reach XII...they stop to level at XI and have only one modifier (atleast the ones that come with the conni)
those phasers are the weakest weapons you can get, if we leave the ones that come with the ship purchase aside. And that is not only a proven fact...it's a no brainer, if you compare the dps numbers written on the phasers.
3.) a shuttle has about the double of the defense value of the conni and 3 times it's manuverablity
4.)the shuttle only has one BOFF slot less than the conni, if you add every shuttle's special abilitiy...some even have 2+special ability.

all in all, i don't say a shuttle is better than a conni, but it is in no way weaker than one.

i would like to demonstrate it to you ingame, but your skill is way to low to even consider it a balanced fight. It is not meant as an insult, you may have the potential to be a capable player, but you chose to gimp yourself with redicilous skilltree and ship setups.

on topic: it is frustrating, that cryptic is capable of making the same mistakes over and over again. how can they ship a new season without checking it, if it was possible to join it with a shuttle?
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 08-08-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 12
08-08-2012, 10:52 AM
let me explain, why this statement is very very wrong:
Quote:
1.) shuttle has identical or even more HP, but only slightly less shield points with the same shield
.

Incorrect a SHUTTLE (not a runabout or fighter) scaled for level at a fleet event has less hull and shields than any C store ship (other than the opposite factions shuttle)

Quote:
2.) retro phasers never reach XII...they stop to level at XI and have only one modifier (atleast the ones that come with the conni)
in fleet events they scale to mk XII (everything does) and do IDENTICAL DPS with all other mk Xii phasers


Quote:
those phasers are the weakest weapons you can get, if we leave the ones that come with the ship purchase aside. And that is not only a proven fact...it's a no brainer, if you compare the dps numbers written on the phasers.
actually the weakest weapons you can get are turrets (probably applys to all turrets)

Quote:
3.) a shuttle has about the double of the defense value of the conni and 3 times it's manuverablity
not important it also goes down in one on one with NPC fighters

Quote:
4.)the shuttle only has one BOFF slot less than the conni, if you add every shuttle's special abilitiy...some even have 2+special ability.
A connie has 3 Ensign level boffs most shuttles have 1 boff slot

Quote:
all in all, i don't say a shuttle is better than a conni, but it is in no way weaker than one
.

low crew (one warp plasma and your dead)
no capacity to self heal
its toast


i
Quote:
would like to demonstrate it to you ingame, but your skill is way to low to even consider it a balanced fight. It is not meant as an insult, you may have the potential to be a capable player, but you chose to gimp yourself with redicilous skilltree and ship setups.
I watched a couple of Shuttles try and take on a miranda once
it hit them both and they went boom

Quote:
on topic: it is frustrating, that cryptic is capable of making the same mistakes over and over again. how can they ship a new season without checking it, if it was possible to join it with a shuttle?
Actually it gives me an Idea

Fleet mission
Close interception
Briefing
"The starbase sensors have detected unusual power readings close to the Shipyard, Hostile small craft are suspected , Scramble the shuttles to intercept and investigate"

Queue requirements
in a Vessel in the shuttle/fighter/runabout set OR a T1 light cruiser
No rank or level caps

Opposition
Phase 1 Exactly 12 hostile ships arrive per player ship
Those ships are NOT scaled to VA or anything else they are commander level
These attack the shipyard (and approaching player vessels)

A timer starts (going UP not down)

When last phase 1 ship is defeated phase two starts

"Alert , Alert , Boarding party shuttles inbound to the starbase"
phase 2 consists of a wave (say 10 per player ship) of boarding party shuttles
these warp in from the transwarp array (or other location to make it more random) and head directly to the starbase

Timer continues

When last of these is destroyed (or reaches the starbase) phase 3 starts

phase 3
"Battle stations, Red alert , enemy carrier detected"

Phase 3 a FULLY armed VA level Carrier (C store if appropriate) with full compliment of top of the range fighters arrives
It then engages HARD

Phase ends when either the carrier is dead or All players are dead

Timer finishes at this point

If timer reads under 5 minutes Everyone gets maxed Marks (probably about 25)
for every minute past that 1 is removed

if the final ship is destroyed (rather than winning) bonus marks are awarded

Any one who quits or warps out gets NOTHING
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:57 AM.