Career Officer
# 11
07-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcde123123 View Post
Yeah I kinda expected that advanced fleet weapons gonna be worth nothing... Now I'm really questioning is this game worth playing at all?

There's some lunacy with changing mob hit points by +100k every day through a hot patch, there's nothing but grind for fleet marks, and the new *content* is just showed down our throats: you have to grind for marks and nothing less.

No wonder 15% of players has left in the last two months. Way to go Cryptic. Way to go.

This will never get old:

http://demotivators.despair.com/demo...emotivator.jpg

May be I should send you a copy...
When you leave, like rats off what they perceive to be a sinking ship, can I haz UR stuff?

LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
Career Officer
# 12
07-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Quote:
No wonder 15% of players has left in the last two months. Way to go Cryptic. Way to go.
Where did that 15% statistic come from? Sounds more like news from another sci-fi MMO which shall not be named

LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
Career Officer
# 13
07-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyxmas1 View Post
Where did that 15% statistic come from? Sounds more like news from another sci-fi MMO which shall not be named
Tis natural, summer everyone is chilling out.

New content seems to be unpolished, unbalanced and well... unrewarding. New projects with new engines come out, people naturally drift.

There's a big thread on new weapons already. Folks were expecting something useful for 3 weeks of grind that they put into it, and got nuthin'. Naturally they are pretty pissed off. (hehe this is this thread

For pve you'd want a mix of crtd crth, or full crtd3. Pvp folks want acc3, cause stuff is woozing around pretty fast And all we get is [dmg]3[*] for 25k marks and 10k dil.

As for having my stuff, you wouldn't know what to do with all of it
STF Elite Advanced Tactics
Empire Veteran
# 14
07-30-2012, 05:56 PM
I thought so. I really honestly thought so that the weapons would be Dmg x 3 and one other thing. For the ground weapons I could handle it, I mean, that was tolerable to a point, but I figured they would do this.

One can only hope at least the *cough* 'Elite' equipment is actually worth it.

Lieutenant
# 15 not cool man not cool
07-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Tis natural, summer everyone is chilling out.

New content seems to be unpolished, unbalanced and well... unrewarding. New projects with new engines come out, people naturally drift.

There's a big thread on new weapons already. Folks were expecting something useful for 3 weeks of grind that they put into it, and got nuthin'. Naturally they are pretty pissed off. (hehe this is this thread

For pve you'd want a mix of crtd crth, or full crtd3. Pvp folks want acc3, cause stuff is woozing around pretty fast And all we get is [dmg]3[*] for 25k marks and 10k dil.

As for having my stuff, you wouldn't know what to do with all of it
Seriously we spend 3 weeks an you give us ****y pve weps(not even the best kind) an if you think the mojority of us are gona stick around for a year so you can sit on your ass's an make lock box's to extract as much of our money as possiable....an you pull this kinda **** if we get to elite weps an there not acc x3 me all my firends an all there friends are outa here........thats not a threat thats a fact...
Career Officer
# 16
07-31-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorkswald View Post
Seriously we spend 3 weeks an you give us ****y pve weps(not even the best kind) an if you think the mojority of us are gona stick around for a year so you can sit on your ass's an make lock box's to extract as much of our money as possiable....an you pull this kinda **** if we get to elite weps an there not acc x3 me all my firends an all there friends are outa here........thats not a threat thats a fact...
I remember hearing something on dev podcast of some sort that advanced fleet weapons will get 4 mods, and elite fleet weapons will get 4 mods, plus one other special modifier. And I will not be suprised if elite fleet weapons will be [dmg]3[*] [vs tholian/borg/undine/whatnot] by then it will be too late.

What does surprise me however, folks are all pretty committed for grinding for the next 12 months without actually seeing rewards. "Haha you work for me for next 12 months, then I'll give you something nice, but I won't tell you what it is". I think we called it overcommitment.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting out of this game...
STF Elite Advanced Tactics
Career Officer
# 17
07-31-2012, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxottoman View Post
ACC however is perhaps the most valuable of all in this game.

Its only the most valuable for PvP.

CrtH & CrtD tend to better for PvE as NPCs are not usually hard to hit, but they do have massive amounts of hull and shields.

Yes there is ACC overflow, but ACC overflow will provide lower output than just raw CrtH and CrtD modifiers.

Otherwise I generally agree that the DMGx3 Modifier is not very exciting even though these weapons do have more mods than any other weapon.

I'm not sure why they took this route instead of adding crafting elements to allow for more customization (lolcrafting) or even just a variety of modifiers on weapons for people to choose from.

Last edited by ussultimatum; 07-31-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Career Officer
# 18
07-31-2012, 09:00 AM
So those are the new "Elite" MK12 weapons, seriously?

Was expecting another way of getting MK12 Borg weaponry, sets and other flavours!

Wow, not sure whether to bother continuing with fleet bases now....
Empire Veteran
# 19
07-31-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
So those are the new "Elite" MK12 weapons, seriously?

Was expecting another way of getting MK12 Borg weaponry, sets and other flavours!

Wow, not sure whether to bother continuing with fleet bases now....
This is why I see many players I know stepping back from "new content". Most of them want the T3 ships but that's all. But you have to admit that it's hard to sell phased tetryon stuff, galors or defiants if the equipment you can get from your starbase is better. It's just too expensive for what it is : it's a low-level and basic equipment. Thus it should be cheap so that new chars you level up can quickly get this stuff before getting the borg one. The borg equipment is way better, and costs only 1 proto borg salvage, which is the equivalent of 2k dilithium. The choice between these two alternatives is pretty easy.

The ground stuff is better though, but it's not the right thread to discuss about it.

Last edited by diogene0; 07-31-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Banned
# 20
08-01-2012, 02:22 AM
After makeing it to tier 2 lvl4the fleet leader and I was checking out the weapons store on the star base and was shocked to no end. here it was the fleet spent all kinds of time,duty off's,samples, experiance points, fleet marks,and tons of dilithium to find the weapons, armour, sheilds were so -so, but the real grabber was the price. there was all this dilithium spent, to build the base then stock the store to find out you have to spend fleet credits plus more dilithium to buy said items, were are in debate whether to continue building or use a couple of photon torpedos, and put an end to this bottomless pit. I guess pwe thinks some of us are gulliable enough not to notice when we have been had and good. I just wonder if other fleets have seen thru this as we have.