Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 LFM: Community Moderators
07-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Hi Captains!

I'm pleased to announce that we are once again looking for more Community Moderators. Before reading on, please read our original post about the Community Moderation Program (also, it looks like all of the 's turned into ""s Sorry!).

Currently, we're looking for 3 more moderators for Star Trek Online. To express interest in becoming a Community Moderator, please ensure you are signed into the website (use the "Register/Login" link to the top right) and visit this page: https://support.perfectworld.com/

Use the "Submit a ticket" tab, and enter "STO Community Moderation Program" into the "Subject" field.

In the "Question" field of the ticket, please include your time zone, any relevant experience you may have, and why you would like to join our team of Community Moderators.

Please use the following selections for the following dropdowns (please do not use the "attach documents" feature): Product = Star Trek Online; Category = Customer Support > Forums and Website; all other fields may be left blank

Interest must be expressed by Thursday, August 2nd, at 11:59 AM PDT. We'll review the applications, and contact interested parties who we believe would best fit the role to perform a brief online interview.

Using the interview, we will narrow the field further, and select our top candidates. If we have more acceptable candidates than we have positions, then we will be posting a poll, which will allow the community to have the final choice in the matter. The poll will last for one week, and close after that time. Winners of the poll will be contacted, and enter a 30-60 day probationary training period, where they will work with us to learn the ropes.

We hope to have the new, additional Community Moderators on the forums by Wednesday, August 22nd.

It is important to understand that Community Moderators are completely unpaid. Community Moderators are in no way required to work any specific hours, meet any quota, and may post as much or as little as they choose to. They are not paid in any way, shape, or form, and do not receive any compensation or perks for the time they choose to spend moderating the forums.

Should you be selected to become a Community Moderator, you may choose to leave the position at any time you choose, and may be removed from the position by the PWE Community Team at any time if deemed necessary.

Thanks and we hope to hear from you if you're interested.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
# 2
07-30-2012, 06:46 PM
If for some reason you can not get to the ticket system, please email "customerservice@perfectworld.com" with the correct information (same subject line and requested details) and send me a forum PM with the ticket number you receive in your email.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-30-2012, 06:49 PM
what happend to the current ones?
Career Officer
# 4
07-30-2012, 06:51 PM
just submitted for it
# 5
07-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sito1jast View Post
what happend to the current ones?
Nothing askray and kalecto are here, we're just LFM.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
07-30-2012, 06:57 PM
Was going to bed early tonight before I got Brandon's Tweet about this. I will apply for this tomorrow once I am not soo tired. GL to all who apply.

Matt
Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief for Covenant of Honor [FED] (formerly Task Force A.W.O.L.)
House Leader for Honorable House or Mor'gue [KDF]
Captain
# 7
07-30-2012, 06:58 PM
What's in it for me? Just curious.
# 8
07-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
What's in it for me? Just curious.
From the post:

Quote:
It is important to understand that Community Moderators are completely unpaid. Community Moderators are in no way required to work any specific hours, meet any quota, and may post as much or as little as they choose to. They are not paid in any way, shape, or form, and do not receive any compensation or perks for the time they choose to spend moderating the forums.
But, Community Moderators could probably put their experience on a resume

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
07-30-2012, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

But, Community Moderators could probably put their experience on a resume

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Indeed ;-)

My views are my own and may not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 10