Career Officer
I was wondering if all of the different locations on the Interior Map (Briefing Room, Transporter Room, Captain's Quarters, Engineering, Sick Bay, etc.) are connected or if I could have the player appear somewhere, then appear somewhere else (i.e. start by selecting the Transporter Room and having the player and the party beam in, then have them walk to the Briefing Room).

I know the devs hadn't put the TOS Interior back up, but I really wanted to know, so I thought I'd pose the question to people who had used the Interior map on Tribble.

Thanks for the answers!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BuffyFanForever/Misc%20Pics/CustomSizeforSTOSignatureImagesSelection3.jpg
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
08-11-2012, 12:29 AM
They are all on the same map, but the different decks are not connected. So the bridge is one segment, the crew deck another, and the engineering deck a third. There's also a small jefferese tube junction as well. Due to the fact that you can't respawn a player on the same map, you would have to create a new version of the map for each deck you wanted to visit and place the spawn point accordingly.

@greendragoon
Career Officer
# 3
08-11-2012, 12:40 AM
Afraid until they put in a "Warp to Location" function or add in built-in map warp points like the STO maps, all we can do is use multiple copies of the maps to move to different locations within that set.
Career Officer
# 4
08-11-2012, 06:55 AM
Awesome, so what I'm describing is possible. (if I'm reading you guys correctly. hehe )

Thank you so much for the replies! It really helped me out!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BuffyFanForever/Misc%20Pics/CustomSizeforSTOSignatureImagesSelection3.jpg
Career Officer
# 5
08-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Yes, its very doable. But it's going to eat up your map limits, so gotta do the story wisely.

Also, there is another possibility - a custom map. You can put all the rooms you want in one map and save some transition.

For example, I'm making a D-7 Interior with all the canon locations (ST6, TOS, TAS) and saving the map transition to the bridge. So you could do that as well with your ship. Even if it doesn't look as good as a Cryptic interior.
Career Officer
# 6
08-12-2012, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Yes, its very doable. But it's going to eat up your map limits, so gotta do the story wisely.

Also, there is another possibility - a custom map. You can put all the rooms you want in one map and save some transition.

For example, I'm making a D-7 Interior with all the canon locations (ST6, TOS, TAS) and saving the map transition to the bridge. So you could do that as well with your ship. Even if it doesn't look as good as a Cryptic interior.
Thanks again for the help, azurian! You've got me curious, though...how many maps are we allowed for one mission?
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
08-12-2012, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmanforever365 View Post
Thanks again for the help, azurian! You've got me curious, though...how many maps are we allowed for one mission?
I think they increased it to 10.
Career Officer
# 8
08-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muaren View Post
I think they increased it to 10.
Hmm...I'm gonna have to very carefully plan this out, then. lol Thanks for the answer!
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
08-12-2012, 08:09 AM
The limit has always been 10. I believe they have now increased it to 15.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Career Officer
# 10
08-13-2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
The limit has always been 10. I believe they have now increased it to 15.
After you posted that yesterday, drogyn, I felt the need to confirm it.

Yep, you were right; we can only have 15 maps.

(I'm doin' a TOS marathon right now, so I'm gonna have to check and see how many locations they used throughout the 45 minutes. lol Just as a comparison.)