Empire Veteran
# 1 Mirror Assault Cruiser
07-30-2012, 10:01 PM
Got an issue... Got the ship for one of my characters and then unpacked it which states Mirror Assault Cruiser and it comes out looking like a Star Cruiser. Then I started looking at how this art looks with the yellow striping. This thing looks like someone just started using a paint brush for a sword until the ship started looking like it had some design to it. On top of it not being much any difference in stats... Just looks like it was thrown together so sloppy that you can't really expect much out of what gets put into the game now.
Captain
# 2
07-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
Got an issue... Got the ship for one of my characters and then unpacked it which states Mirror Assault Cruiser and it comes out looking like a Star Cruiser. Then I started looking at how this art looks with the yellow striping. This thing looks like someone just started using a paint brush for a sword until the ship started looking like it had some design to it. On top of it not being much any difference in stats... Just looks like it was thrown together so sloppy that you can't really expect much out of what gets put into the game now.
It helps to read about something before you buy it. I did because I wanted to know the stats before I dumped some EC on a ship. There have been multiple forum threads and a blog post on it. Plus StoWiki.

Yes the MUAC looks like a standard Star Cruiser, and the MUSC looks like a standard Assault Cruiser, and the only difference in stats in the number of crew. There's a reason why it's now going for 800k EC. Which is a bargain, considering the non-mirror version is 120,000 Dil at the ship store, although it is only a single-character unlock. At the price it's going for, I might get another MUAC for my tac and try the Tac-in-a-Cruiser thing.

You can turn the yellow off at the ship tailor -- it's only a "Materiel."
# 3
07-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle23 View Post
It helps to read about something before you buy it. I did because I wanted to know the stats before I dumped some EC on a ship. There have been multiple forum threads and a blog post on it. Plus StoWiki.

Yes the MUAC looks like a standard Star Cruiser, and the MUSC looks like a standard Assault Cruiser, and the only difference in stats in the number of crew. There's a reason why it's now going for 800k EC. Which is a bargain, considering the non-mirror version is 120,000 Dil at the ship store, although it is only a single-character unlock. At the price it's going for, I might get another MUAC for my tac and try the Tac-in-a-Cruiser thing.

You can turn the yellow off at the ship tailor -- it's only a "Materiel."
I'll prolly just get the other one then the star cruiser one looks like it had to run through a federation paintball space war games scenario. Although I have always invisioned soldiers on the front lines taking 2 star cruisers and using them as goal posts for a football game.
Commander
# 4
07-31-2012, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I'll prolly just get the other one then the star cruiser one looks like it had to run through a federation paintball space war games scenario. Although I have always invisioned soldiers on the front lines taking 2 star cruisers and using them as goal posts for a football game.
Pretty sure you can change the look in the ship tailor to change the markings and such. I know KDF-side it let me use different hull variants, not just the mirror.
Empire Veteran
# 5
07-31-2012, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberteksyfir View Post
Pretty sure you can change the look in the ship tailor to change the markings and such. I know KDF-side it let me use different hull variants, not just the mirror.
Yep, my Mirror Vor'Cha is configured with the Vor'Kang parts and the 900 day vet skin. Looks nothing like what it originally was

Same with my fed Mirror Assault Cruiser. Got it looking like my normal Star Cruiser and recently slapped the vet skin on it too. Looks good (Star Cruiser model = sexiest ship in game imo)

The fed yellow mirror skin whilst different isn't all that appealing. Doesn't work with the lines of the ship at all. Kinda like a failed camouflage with the wrong colours.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Empire Veteran
# 6
07-31-2012, 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberteksyfir View Post
Yeah it seems instead of being able to use certain functions STO has turned into work around central from the customizing to the foundry is all not user friendly. The yellow markings on the soverign which is called the star cruiser box which is very misleading to say the least has the proper markings for the most part its just the star cruiser which is called the assault cruiser again very misleading is just paintbrush warfare LOL.

I did finally get sovy *looking* one with the terran empire logo with a fleet logo but that fleet logo took a lot of workarounds to get it to actually imprint on the hull.
Captain
# 7
07-31-2012, 08:17 AM
Yeah, the Devs idea on Mirrors is this it's a mirror universe everything is reversed. Personally all Terran ships should be tac oriented. it's an EMPIRE. But ship will be fun to play with.