Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
07-31-2012, 02:43 PM
Five tier three ships would slaughter a single opponent if competently driven, and tier two ships are just too fragile. I know from taking a K't'inga into Ker'rat that you'll stand a decent chance against an incompetent opponent, and can survive for a surprising amount of time against a decent one. K't'inga may not be the best example however as it has four forward weapon slots, and is only a tac console away from having basic firepower on a par with a Hegh'ta or B'rel if equipped with endgame gear.
Career Officer
# 22
07-31-2012, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
MWO doesn't seem to think my laptop made of gummed-together AOL free trial CDs is worth handing out a beta key too... still pending
Have you considered using bluetac? My PC lives and dies depending on it's flexibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4monkeys View Post
you could always ask the pandas to get on there tier 3 ships
Their*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Hey, some RP is fun
Sometimes I'm the pool man and my Wife is the lady that can't pay.....
Sometimes its pizza delivery and she has no cash.......
Sometimes its just as simple as caveman and cavewoman.....
But some RP is fun.
Has she told you about the "Being swept off her feet by a dashing sophisticated englishman RP" ? She loves that one, well... so i'm told! *Makes haste away from the Klingon, clutching his monocle & cane*
Captain
# 23
07-31-2012, 02:59 PM
i don't understand this thread.

shouldnt people need to get good with the best ships they have before you go and challenge them with a lower tier one?

i mean....i rarely ever gloat about anything really, i call myself an average player...

but i roll 5 man pug teams single handed these days. completely making any contribution by my pug teammates null and void. they might as well not even be there.

and then i get rage pm's from random "i dont know horizon so imma call him a cheater nubtards" when i out heal engie cruisers, and do 7-10 times everyone elses damage.

look, if you are the only one being shot at, you are the only one that needs to be healed. and since no one else is healing me i have to do it myself.

sophie your idea is ****. just like your builds, and your play. good players do this for lulz, when they have the downtime to actually outfit an old ship for those lulz.

so, no.

just no.

and stop clogging up the forums with this **** man.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-31-2012, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thishorizon View Post
i don't understand this thread.

shouldnt people need to get good with the best ships they have before you go and challenge them with a lower tier one?

i mean....i rarely ever gloat about anything really, i call myself an average player...

but i roll 5 man pug teams single handed these days. completely making any contribution by my pug teammates null and void. they might as well not even be there.

and then i get rage pm's from random "i dont know horizon so imma call him a cheater nubtards" when i out heal engie cruisers, and do 7-10 times everyone elses damage.

look, if you are the only one being shot at, you are the only one that needs to be healed. and since no one else is healing me i have to do it myself.

sophie your idea is ****. just like your builds, and your play. good players do this for lulz, when they have the downtime to actually outfit an old ship for those lulz.

so, no.

just no.

and stop clogging up the forums with this **** man.
Dont hold back Horizon tell us how you really feel.

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
Career Officer
# 25
07-31-2012, 03:48 PM
I've been toying a bit with the idea of mixed tier ships, as a way to unite PvP across the tiers, and make leveling by PvP more viable.

One idea, could be to let lower tier ships enter T5 arena matches as "extras". Each time a T5 arena pops, it could pull in 2-3 low tier ships on each team. Killing these ships would not count towards victory score. From a T5 player point of view, they would just be like manned pets.

(the lower tier ships would necessarily need to be level-matched?)
Rihannsu
# 26
07-31-2012, 03:50 PM
At least the Idea nolonger revolves around 1v1....

Though this is just as bad..
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Career Officer
# 27
07-31-2012, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Here's an idea for doing something new with the game:

5 players take lower-tier ships and team up against one player in a tier 5 ship!

Captains would be level 50. But the idea raises a question: How low a tier should the 5 ships be? I would guess, counting the number of boff powers, that five tier 2 ships would be about one tier 5 ship. (Which gives the team 15 boff powers vs the T5's 12, albeit of lower tier, plus 5 times the captain powers, and about two and a half times the weapons.) But what is your opinion? Tier 1 ships? Shuttles? Tier 3 ships?

And who of you would like to try that, and would be available on what side of the encounter? I'd be in for either.
if all the powers stayed equal across the board it would work, but

emergency power to shields 1 on a teir 1 ships only heals about 100 shields.

that same power on a tier 5 heals about what... 1500?

youd need at least 10 tier 1 and shuttles to take on a teir 5. and thatd have to be a bad tier 5 player.

shuttles for the win!
Empire Veteran
# 28
07-31-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Has she told you about the "Being swept off her feet by a dashing sophisticated englishman RP" ? She loves that one, well... so i'm told! *Makes haste away from the Klingon, clutching his monocle & cane*
Lol. Yes actually . My family holds land and is from the old country, hers is prodimately Welsh. We have done the proper English gent and even the Oliver twist of " Please mum, may i have another". I salute your humor Sir. Good show,jolly good.
<starts sighting his disruptor for extreme range>
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.

Last edited by bitemepwe; 08-01-2012 at 07:15 AM.