Community Moderator
# 121
07-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Oh and this has been bugging me - when are we going to finally see Benzite Bridge Officers?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Community Moderator
# 122
07-31-2012, 01:45 PM
* From the Dev point of view, what insights are you getting on the Fleet Advancement system's progression for small, medium, and large fleets? Is everything working 'as intended' or will there be tweaks coming in the future?

* Any short-term plans to release new starbase features that we haven't heard about yet? Anything you definitely want to add later on?

* How often does the STO team review store prices (Dilithium, C-Store) after they've been set on Holodeck, or are they basically "set and forget"?

* Will STO players ever have a reason to use PWE's "Core Connect"?

* Whatever happened to the idea that earning Commendation XP would be worked into more missions? Is this still on the table? Nukara Prime would have been a good excuse for Exploration XP objectives. Some of the Fleet Mark Daily missions offered by the Officer of the Watch would also have been good for CXP rewards - Inspecting the cadets would have been good for Military XP, reviewing cargo manifests for Trade XP, and more.

* Will you consider improving CXP rewards in categories that don't rank up as smoothly as the others? I find that I struggle to rank up Science and Exploration in particular, while Engineering and Military assignments seem to have better rewards.

* When will "perks" be added to the Commendation categories that still lack them? Science, Exploration, Espionage, Colonization, Trade, Development, and Recruitment have no benefits other than being able to buy higher quality DOFFs for Dilithium. They don't add transwarp destinations, let you get Emergency Holograms from the replicator, or anything else like Diplomacy, Marauding, Military, Engineering, and Medical do.

* The Foundry still lacks some basic interactions like setting NPC's to follow the player (or to run away from them), allies turning hostile and vice versa, disabling opponents instead of killing them, setting a specific location for an NPC to move to, directing one NPC to attack another one on cue, and other tricks that the Devs can do but we can't. Will things like these ever be added so that we can do them without unintuitive workarounds that won't work reliably?

Also, will Foundry authors ever be able to trigger events or dialog based on things like the player character's career, gender, or species?
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Ensign
# 123 Diplomatic Missions
07-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Are there plans to update the rewards for the Diplomatic missions? If I am thinking correctly, they still reward only 10 points, just as they did before the switch to the Duty Officer assignments. Since my next rank up is 50,000 points, it's taking a while even with the officer assignments. I would love to get my character to Ambassador!
Survivor of Romulus
# 124
07-31-2012, 01:49 PM
why is the kar'fi being left behind and what else are you going to take away from kdf
Starfleet Veteran
# 125
07-31-2012, 01:56 PM
Will we see be able to see playable Xindi characters along with npcs and doffs someday?
Live Long and Prosper!
Or Die Trying!
==== Try my new Foundry Mission: "Operation Demon Storm" ====
Ensign
# 126
07-31-2012, 01:56 PM
when will the iconians be revealed; what are the long-term plans concerning leveling up after level 50; will there be any tier six or tier seven ships?
Career Officer
# 127
07-31-2012, 02:00 PM
Were are dropping keys in Elite STFs? Were is a galaxy pack? were is the voyager pack? When are we going to see more LTS perks? we shelled 2-300$ on the game and we dont get a lot of bonus features, maybe 2-3 free box opens daily as the drop rate of good stuff is negligible. And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add more KDF stuff!!
Starfleet Veteran
# 128
07-31-2012, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastorforthrigh View Post
3. The addition of timers to Nukara hasn't been met with enthusiasm, will this be undone?
You made many, Many valid points (sadly, I don't see any of them, particularly the ones related to $$$ actually being answered, or if they are we will just get some fluff that doesn't really answer the question. However, the item I quoted is one I would definitely like to see answered. I'm not so sure it is the timers that are the issue though... as much as the timers in addition to the timegating.

As it stands there is no reason to do the Nukura missions more than once, the only real rewards are only useful on Nukura for one and with the timers and timegating you can get more Fleet Marks (double if in a good team) doing 2 of the shorter PVE ques that take 30 min total than you can by doing ALL of the Easy and Medium missions (inside and outside) and waiting on the timers. And during non-event times you can get the same number of marks doing the PVE ques in the same time span as you can get during the even times on Nukura, but Nukura give nothing of value during non-event times (and don't try to say the Tholian boxes you get are of value, they are only of value if you intend to do Nukura more and even then only until you get the Tholian set as everything else is basically trash (99% EV suits? really? those are immediately trashed unless you are just starting out as there are so many of them they are worthless, even the purples).

Granted, the ability to get upwards of 1000 Marks in a 2 hour event is a little excessive, but the way it is I will never step foot back on Nukura again as I have no incentive to do so. If Nukura is going to have timers then it needs to give fleet marks all the time (and double during the event assuming you actually want people to go there. And if you don't want people to go there then I find it ironic that you charge $7 for a single character unlock of an item that is ONLY somewhat useful there (and not at all useful if you have the Tholian set). Anyhow, I know it isn't stated in the form of a question, but that is the "clarification" I wanted to make to that question.
Starfleet Veteran
# 129
07-31-2012, 02:05 PM
What do you think about accountbound status of items? Like if it changed from bound to accountbound, meaning you could share the items within your account bank, butt you couldn't trade them with other players. That way it would be easier to get all those EDC's, Lobies, Salvies etc. to the right character.

~ Meowz
"Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
Lieutenant
# 130
07-31-2012, 02:07 PM
will The Foundry Come Back This Year ?
Closed Thread