Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Starfleet Veteran
# 31
07-31-2012, 12:21 PM
Is there ever going to be a TNG skant uniform? And if so, would it be unisex like in the show?
Career Officer
Don't you think the fleet starbase system would be better if it instead integrated with the DOFF mission system rather than just being a "farm, grind & dump" system as it is currently?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?p=5000421

I think it would be more Star Trek-y if we sent our crew on missions or gave them duty assignments than sacrificing them to a hungry, hungry, hipp-- err, starbase....

~MG

P.S. Generally, love the game.
Empire Veteran
# 33
07-31-2012, 12:23 PM
All my questions have been asked, so I'm just going to quote them

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Are there any plans to introduce true T5 ships for the KDF, or at least allow owners of lower tier KDF c-store ships to enjoy the fleet ship upgrade discount that fed T5 ship owners get ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Why is the Pricing on Fleet Ships the way it is? Twenty Dollars per character per ship is a very steep price. In regards to the discount, there are only 5 Federation ships that I can think of that even get the discount (Galaxy, Defiant, Intrepid, and Nebula Retrofits and the MVAE), and no KDF Fleet Ship qualifies for the discount.

Purchasing ships for multiple characters (even at a rate of 1 per character) can get expensive really fast. Why can't the pricing be a flat 500 zen per ship? You'd get alters to buy more ships (or even buy a ship at all since a lot of people have said they refuse to buy even one ship at 2000 zen), and tempt to the single character players to buy a few ships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastorforthrigh View Post

The balance of KDF to Fed Fleet ships seem to be off. No KDF ships apply for the C-store discount. Will something be done to address this, or will a new system of discounts which applies a varying level of discount to each level of C-store purchase be implemented?

20 dollars/2000 zen for a single character ship unlock has been rather universally received as too pricy. Is there any deliberation to reduce the number of FSM's required for fleet ships or to reduce their C-store cost in comparison to ships that cost simlar (or more) money and are account unlocks?

KDF Armor Visuals and off duty uniforms - What is keeping these from being implemented, why is it that KDF can't use the Mercenary outifts, or non-starfleet uniforms like the Bajoran Militia set?

6. Lobi crystals. 1. Why are they not account bound? They're a 'currency purchased via real money' like C-store points. So why can't they be transferred across characters.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
07-31-2012, 12:23 PM
What's the status of the missing Science, Tactical, and Female options from the 700-day Android vet reward?

Do we have to butcher more Queen songs in parody to get more attention to these missing features, or should we move on to Meatloaf?

Raptr profile

Last edited by direphoenix; 07-31-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Career Officer
# 35
07-31-2012, 12:24 PM
Can we expect to see any new STFs before the launch of Season 7?

Will we ever be seeing the silver variant of Worf's sash?

With the upcoming JJ Abrahms Trek movie next spring, can we expect to see any related content when that releases?
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Banned
# 36
07-31-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4pt41nk4ng4r00 View Post
Why isnt the Excalibur/Vesper/Exeter in the fleet store? We all know you can lock out ship skins so CBS not allowing a T5 connie has nothing to do with it.
Also casting my support behind this question.
Empire Veteran
# 37
07-31-2012, 12:25 PM
During season 4 test on tribble there was a brel skin that could used on KDF start ship and t5 b'rel.

When are we going to see this skin in game. I believe the advance bop from carriar use this skin.

I got all the vor'cha variants form the c-store. So why those the fleet Vor'cha cost me 4 modules? Including buy the skin that you know calling it. As it was the only skin available at the time?

Additional I have all the orion carriar yet the skin in fleet store also cost me four modules.
Ensign
# 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by framesplicerx View Post
When will we get UI COLOR customization so I can finally play KDF with my IRL friends? They find the intense red UI extremely tough to view- even cause headaches.
City of Heroes had awesome UI color customizing from day 1... what's the harm in bringing that thinking and tech to STO?
I'd second this, the red UI really does my eyes in.

The long ago mentioned Exploration revamp, has it just been quietly abandoned?

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."
Career Officer
# 39
Will you please nerf the bio-neural warheads, plasma torpedoes, STF gateway cutter beams and other ~1-hit kills? This is getting a tad ridiculous. Sorry, but when I toss a full-power science team II, rotate shield frequency & Miracle worker into the mix with a 4-piece Borg set and shield buffing engineering consoles and skills relating to shields AND hull at max settings in the skill tree and still get effectively one-shotted, something's not working right... These things should be survivable when you've got that much defensive stuff going on. They should hurt, yes, but not to the point of unrecoverable one-shotting. Maybe in "Elite" mode, fine. But not on normal settings for missions, STFs & such. Better tuning needed, I think?

While we're at it, the progressive cooldown timers are out of hand. Especially in combination with excessive 1-hit kills. I think pretty much everyone agrees on this. There's got to be a better solution to whatever problem caused the progressive cooldown timers.

~MG

Last edited by mgmirkin426; 07-31-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 40
07-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Will there actually be a C-Store Sovereign/Assault Cruiser Refit?
Closed Thread