Captain
# 21
07-31-2012, 01:53 PM
I think TOR is a better overall game than STO. But I have to admit I LOL'ed at the fact Bioware is saying as a paid perk "play unlimited space content". I mean, seriously? That sounds more like a threat then a perk.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Sounds great. For the price of about ?10 to play 8 different storylines it will be all I wanted. I have never been interested in SWTOR for the MMO aspect. I wanted KOTOR 3.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
07-31-2012, 02:16 PM
Meh. Hopefully, when the exodus happens, PWE will become concerned enough that they'll alot Cryptic more resources. STO, bugs and all, is still a far superior product, IMHO. SWTOR has about as much to do with Star Wars, as growing beefsteak tomatos, does.
Captain
# 24
07-31-2012, 02:21 PM
Thought this was interesting

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...This-Fall.html

MAKEB AND OTHER CONTENT = FREE?

I asked Matt and Jeff then if the planned content we learned about at E3 would be some of the first ?Content Updates? to be purchased, and they couldn?t go into much more detail than ?yes and no?. For instance, HK51 is something they really want to get in the game sooner rather than later, while Makeb is further down the line. They also have a brand new event for all subscribers coming in August which is a public world event like the Rhakgoul Invasion. I asked if HK51 would then be free for everyone, if he came before the F2P launch, and Jeff said they really haven?t decided because they?re not even sure when he?s going to launch just yet. The goal is to work on the content and get it out as soon as they can, and if some comes after the F2P transition, then they?ll evaluate what is free and what is paid
http://www.auroratrek.com/index.html
Republic Veteran
# 25
07-31-2012, 02:25 PM
Wow. That was fast. Even Cryptic managed to milk STO subs longer than that.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Republic Veteran
# 26
07-31-2012, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
point being Cryptic was trying to Milk subscribers, Biowares actually rewarding them for their time and money.

And can someone explain to me why the Forums are randomly quoting other posts I didn't pick to quote?

We have nothing. Nothing but our anger. We will take that spark and start a fire which will become a great conflagration!
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
07-31-2012, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
I think I quit during the beta. When I found out my jedi was armed with a "practice lightsaber" whatever that is. What's he scouring the galaxy for a sparring partner?
Rihannsu
# 28
07-31-2012, 02:40 PM
I'm both happy and sad about the news.

Happy that I'll have yet another game I can just log into and play with out needing a Subscription.

Sad because I bought into the game when it was getting ready to come out.

And perhaps laughing because the game didn't even last long enough as a subscription based game to reach a year old?
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 29
07-31-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastorforthrigh View Post
And can someone explain to me why the Forums are randomly quoting other posts I didn't pick to quote?
You didn;t click on that multi button to the right of the quote button, did you? Should say multi-off I believe.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
07-31-2012, 02:42 PM
Glad it's going F2P.

Had to cancel my Subscription, simply because it was getting too costly to maintain it. Now I'll be able to play whenever I want, even without that subscription!!
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld