Lieutenant
# 21 I like the pod cast
08-01-2012, 07:10 PM
I like the pod cast. One of the reasons why stoked shut down was because of all the negativity spit out on it. Like the old adage says if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything. Stoked wanted sponsors to advertise on a show they continually put the product down. What if i had sponsors for track team, but i said all the players were slow and were injured the sponsors would pull out immediately. Why not say these players are doing the best they can and we believe they have a chance to win. Maybe just maybe some unnoticed phenom would win the race in record time. Pick out the good stuff and if you don't like something leave it out. These forums are the same you concentrate on the negative and never see the good. What you do with your negativity is stunt the creative process and you reduce confidence. Like Bart Simpson would say I say, Quote "put a sock in it."

Last edited by sweetboobsn; 08-01-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Career Officer
# 22
08-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Nice thanks!

Qapla!
Marok vestai toQgul-Kurkura
Career Officer
# 23
08-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetboobsn View Post
I like the pod cast. One of the reasons why stoked shut down was because of all the negativity spit out on it. Like the old adage says if you don't have anything good to say don't say anything. Stoked wanted sponsors to advertise on a show they continually put the product down. What if i had sponsors for track team, but i said all the players were slow and were injured the sponsors would pull out immediately. Why not say these players are doing the best they can and we believe they have a chance to win. Maybe just maybe some unnoticed phenom would win the race in record time. Pick out the good stuff and if you don't like something leave it out. These forums are the same you concentrate on the negative and never see the good. What you do with your negativity is stunt the creative process and you reduce confidence. Like Bart Simpson would say I say, Quote "put a sock in it."
Well said. Qapla'!

We do it ...

For the Empire!
Empire Veteran
# 24
08-02-2012, 06:25 AM
Real life kept me from being a true part of the interview, meaning I had a work assignment just before the the interview started and finished just after it ended.

In the end, it has been a rare treat actually hearing the episode of Gates without knowing what is coming next.

All I can say this time around is .... Kestrel ... You are my new hero.

Heck, I'm even placing you on the throne ABOVE Tacoboy and the dynamic ship building duo!

::: raises a mug of bloodwine ... "To Kestrel! ... One of the greatest Lore Singers of the Empire!"

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!

Last edited by genhauk; 08-02-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 25
08-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetboobsn View Post
Easier said than done... telling fabrications of the truth is dishonorable although the people behind stoked have my respect since they are Honorable Warriors and are respectful as they reported the truth on how things really are and have my Tova'dok as well as many Warriors of the Empire.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 08-02-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 26
08-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Loved the EP. the interview with Kestral was awesome...I enjoy listening to GoS'v'k... continue the good fight for the KDF and continue to bring much needed KDF news and info...

QAPLA'!

Madd-Wolf aka (Lo'boh) on KDF
Empire Veteran
# 27
08-07-2012, 01:29 AM
TBH I didn't get any indication from the interview that would sway me to believe anything is coming. Although I got the vibe off it that the person being interviewed would love to work on the KDF. Other than that I also got the feeling that there is not really any hope for it ever being given a green lite to work on it LOL.

Although in one game I used to play it could use a similar system which is sort of how the officer of the watch works if they wanted to take small steps towards giving the empire the kind of content it needs/deserves.

Basically having a character go to a NPC and join a specific organization within the faction where you have random dailies that over time could be changed by an author to give a more true "State of the Game".
Empire Veteran
# 28
08-07-2012, 02:39 AM
Here! Here!

That podcast is pure joy. Not just the playful and jubilant presence of the hosts, but the vibe that the KDF is on the ascent. I believe that Cryptic's KDF policy is to under promise, and over deliver. It is my sense that something awesome is happening, and it is us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genhauk View Post

All I can say this time around is .... Kestrel ... You are my new hero.

Heck, I'm even placing you on the throne ABOVE Tacoboy and the dynamic ship building duo!

::: raises a mug of bloodwine ... "To Kestrel! ... One of the greatest Lore Singers of the Empire!"

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom
Empire Veteran
# 29
08-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpaaa View Post
Here! Here!

That podcast is pure joy. Not just the playful and jubilant presence of the hosts, but the vibe that the KDF is on the ascent. I believe that Cryptic's KDF policy is to under promise, and over deliver. It is my sense that something awesome is happening, and it is us.
I wish I knew where you got this vibe or sense something awesome is happening for the KDF. The comments such as cut and not even getting past the planning stage as well as the statement of that they are not currently working on anything for the KDF kind of put me off as nothing is actually coming.

All the what if's were nice yea we all think about them on the KDF side but I hardly doubt they will see the light of day and that's the message that came across to me...
Empire Veteran
# 30
08-08-2012, 12:27 AM
The vibe is from little things like the KDF starbases, which are excellent.

Starting the year with a new, and well made episode for the KDF, and it is an amazing experience from the start.

KDF related podcasts such as this are continuing to receive high profile in the Federation News Network tells me that Cryptic wants for people to be excited about the KDF. Why?

As much as I hate to make this analogy, a huge part of the perennial MMO winner, World Of ********, has to do with the development of the Horde as a full faction. Cryptic, and certainly Perfect World is going to seize the opportunity to give STO the expanded appeal of player option that are afforded by (at least) two developed factions with a wealth of lore.

It's true that the KDF glass is half empty/full, but Cryptic is still dropping ice, and pouring occasional blood wine into it. They must want someone to drink!

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom