Captain
# 21
08-01-2012, 03:40 AM
The shield distro debuff seems silly (if I've specced this hard into things like EPS I'd like to imagine I can move shields from one side to another) but on paper they don't really look that bad. You don't really want to be using that many shield heals when you actually need them anyway, it's a preventative measure for the resist components.

Again, this is completely without having seen them in action at all, but I'd imagine if they're even as nasty as they're being made out to be, you can just bang BFI and keep something good at filling shields like TSS on cooldown. If the debuff doesn't affect the -25% reduction to shields from EPtS it's not even that big a deal. The chrono mines look like far more of a pain.
Empire Veteran
# 22
08-01-2012, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
I did test transphasic mines a little before I went off to work. The proc is 100%, but it didn't look to me it stacks, just refreshes the 5s duration on every hit.
so getting hit with 4 or 5, or 10 or 20 at once wouldn't really make it worse or stack 1 after another. it would only be crippling if 1 or more mines hit every 5 seconds. still, a one two punch of hit by mines, and an alpha strike will make the alpha melt shields twice as easily, and TT will by half as able to out transfer the damage, on top of the damage hitting shields with much less resistance. with TT defeated, and running with the equivalence of set to power level 25 shields with no EPtS active, 5 seconds is an eternity. well we know why the cluster torp does not have this proc. if it did it would be, fire cluster, hit buffs, wait for mine explosion, deal 1 shot.

overall, im still in (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ mode.
Captain
# 23
08-01-2012, 04:10 AM
Still transphasic look at least interesting now. I can imagine using 2 launchers on sci ship. Same goes for plasma. Never linked chronitons much (I dont like cheesy stuff). Quantums well, those things now have nice blast radius, I wouldn't want to eat many of them while my shields are down tbh.

Good thing about that 80% bleedthrough is that you can nicely pump it up with abilities to do like 1,5-2k per mine. That's not bad at all. When I'm back from work I will test dispersal pattern III with them and see how it goes.
Career Officer
# 24
08-01-2012, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
problem is the chrono mines can stack. and it doesnt say by how much. so in theory this makes them even more powerful even thought they can be "resisted"
old chrono also stacked, and would in theory accumulate 66% faster than the new system

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
PLENTY of times i ate ~5 mines and had no procs, but now that will never happen again. chain perma chrono proced to at least some degree is what we have to look forward too if a premade is evil enough to deploy this on mass.
If the devs % numbers are correct, then an equal number of times you would have eaten a single mine and got a 100% proc.

By the numbers the devs served us, flying through a minefield of chronos will leave you 40% less debuffed with the new system.

As for the partial proc, I'm curious to see how the now working resist handles this. Does it influence duration or slow-effect? If the system is well designed, speccing into Dampers should make a low magnitude debuff a mere annoyance.

All in all, with the resists, and the counter skills to chronos now working, I think chronos are really not that good anymore. Be it old chrono or new chrono. Don't we have 3 skills now giving immunity?

Anyway, it's all theoretical. Everyone is going to use the new OP transphasics anyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
"Transphasic Mines:
Increased shield bleedthrough from 40% to 80%.

Transphasic mines will disrupt the enemy shields, leaving a Shield Healing debuff in place.
For 5sec after being hit with a TP Mine, Shield healing is 50% less effective on the target.
I think that even if they were to cut ALL shield heal capacity by 50% (not from mines, just ageneral nerf), it wouldn't necessarty be a bad thing (ofc 50% is a bit over the top, but ..) As long as the resists are left alone.

Shield heals are so strong now, that breaking through some players shields is virtually impossible. This is seen in the ever-increasing number of ships built to kill by bleedthrough.

I think what we're seeing, is mines becoming relevant in PvP. Not owerpowered, just powered. How does a mine compare to a aft array/turret/torp now?

Anyway, it's all theoretical. Everyone is going to use the new OP chronitons anyway!

Adopt, Adapt and Improve!
Career Officer
# 25
08-01-2012, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
problem is the chrono mines can stack. and it doesnt say by how much. so in theory this makes them even more powerful even thought they can be "resisted"
Better go on exchange and get some mine launchers while still cheap... Lol. No more torps, just use mines...
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Survivor of Remus
# 26
08-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Opnion on Mines.

Photon Mines: 8/10, Good job
Quantum Mines, Perfectly fine
Plasma Mines: great job on the buff
Transphasic Mines: Yea No, -70000/10, These are OP Little ****ers, remove the shield heal resist, and add a -10 NON-stacking shield power reduction.
Chrono mines: Just.... Increase the magnitude but make it nonstacking, non chaining. Even resistiable, not everyone chains resistances. 100% proc, flying through 100 of these things will make u stop moving. Then moar mines can come.
Tricobalt: Havnt checked them out yet
Tachyon: NO! NO! NO! NO! Lower the shield damage Lower the proc, lower the AOE, lower the general useage, Increase the Cooldown, and Get them OUT OF PVP. Unspeced, on Holodeck, i can take these mines, and Blow away an entire teams shields, on Tribble speced, i can delete your shields for 10 seconds."-infinite resistance" Its not op...

Mines in general: Get rid of MES, if ur gonna keep heat seakingness. Get rid of Heat Seakingness if your gonna keep MES, Lower MES's Stealth range and lower the mines heat seakingness range. Add a skill to STO that makes mines ignore you. Mines would track your impulse trail to get heat seaking,

add a skill to ensign/lt/ltc tactical, Use Auxillary Thrusters, for 15/20/25 seconds Mines can not see you 45 sec CD, lowers your speed by 10%, Makes it impossible to drain or disable engine power during this duration. 30 sec universal, No doffs.

Engineering ensign/Lt/LTC, Mask Core Signiture, For 15/20/25 seconds mines can not see you, Energy Syphon Drones drain cut in half, Lowers all powerlevels by 5 for 10 seconds. 45 second CD, no doffs.

science ensign/Lt/LTC, Mask Impulse Trail, For 15/20/25 seconds, Mines can not see you, Boosts magnitude of Mask Energy Signiture, or cloak, by 1000 stealth. -10 engine and shield power, Universal Cooldown with Photonic Displacement consol.

But still remove the transphasic shield nuke thing!
And Tachyon mines are still OP, either disable them in pvp, or make their resist debuff nonaffective to players.
Empire Veteran
# 27
08-01-2012, 03:31 PM
bort in the tribble patch thread said that chrono mines area actually going to proc at 80%, not 100%. 100% was from earlier testing and it got bumped down to 80% for the final value.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 28
08-01-2012, 04:11 PM
80% is the correct value. Sorry I didn't catch that sooner.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...