Career Officer
# 1 Has Anyone else...
08-01-2012, 11:39 AM
completely lost the will or want to play this game?

Or is it just me lol.

Just a general question.. Ive been playing now 650+ days.. on and off, and this starbase stuff just seems SOO muchhh like another job lol.. why cant we atleast transfer fleet credits.. so I can not play the same damn toon day in and day out to get enough points for a ship.

Sigh.
Captain
# 2
08-01-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm heading that way, after a few weeks of enjoying the new content I'm just beginning to bore of it, gonna try playing in moderation so I don't bore of it completely before the good stuff comes in Series 7
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Commander
# 3
08-01-2012, 11:45 AM
It's felt that way for awhile for me. The only thing that keeps me going is ground PvP, and that's pretty much been dying off lately. It's either form a premade or die against other premades, and then the queues die for a few hours. And now with that stupid cryo pulsewave that no one aside from Andorians has any resistance to, it's just not fun anymore.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Captain
# 4
08-01-2012, 11:45 AM
I have grown bored of hundreds of games over the years. Some I returned to, others I only go back and visit sporadically. There's nothing wrong with getting burned-out on a game and needing a prolonged break.
Rihannsu
# 5
08-01-2012, 11:54 AM
I used to take breaks from STO; however, I've been on an STO binge since getting a new computer back at the end of 2011. Most other games, though, I'll rotate around...Civilization, Total War, Halo, SimCity, Battlefield, etc. With this game the key is to have projects you're working towards, new things you're trying out, new ships you're playing with, and finding specific things that are fun for you to do and that you are good at or are challenging yourself in. Being part of a good fleet is a plus too.

But yeah. Nothing wrong with taking breaks.

Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
Founding member, Special Service Squadron
"Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
Career Officer
# 6
08-01-2012, 11:56 AM
I keep thinking to myself that I gotta get back into the game one of these days...

I haven't played in almost a month now.

Everytime I have a chance to actually do so, I end up just reading a bunch of stuff here and then moving on to read/do other things on the net...

It's not that the conversation here is driving me away, I just think I'm getting turned off by the direction the game has taken since going F2P.

Maybe I'm bored with it or just burnt out, I'm not really sure...

The same thing happened to me with SWG, of course that games drastic change, probably was more of a mitigating factor.

I've been thinking lately that maybe I should start a new STO Toon, but I'm not sure I can afford to anymore.

Heh...,

...Funny how things seemed a lot more fun/easier when all I had to do was make sure my $14.00 Monthly Payment had been made...

...oh well...
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.
Career Officer
# 7
08-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Honestly, I usually have a cycle of games I play. until yesterday I was just going through the motions on STO but not really playing it. S6 didn't really do much to me, especially after the announcement that missions would be limited time only. It gave me no reason to bother trying.

But I had fun this week, mainly because I stopped thinking about star bases and grinding and instead enjoyed the fact that my fleet is active again. Played a PvP match yesterday with some low level players and had a blast.

You just have to look in the right places I guess. But I will probably get bored again in about a month as new content stops coming and I move on to something else, probably Sim City.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Lieutenant
# 8
08-01-2012, 12:05 PM
What's coming in season 7?
Captain
# 9
08-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boorman73 View Post
What's coming in season 7?
The only thing I've heard so far is this:

Quote:
Then, in Season 7, we will be introducing a new sector, as well as a variety of missions related to it. That variety may include a full range of mission you would normally find associated with a Sector along with perhaps even new types of missions. For more details on that content, you?ll have to wait until we are closer to Season 7.
There's also going to be some changes to STFs, based on the Ask Cryptic comments.
Commander
# 10
08-01-2012, 12:27 PM
I couldn't play the game at all over the weekend, because I went to an anime convention instead.

I come home on Sunday and find out that they nerfed the fleet mark farming... Now, I'm wondering if I should even keep leveling up my new engineer. Is there anything left to get out of it, now that they've restricted the last thing us players can do to help make any form of progress in this game?
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition