Career Officer
# 11
08-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
Has anyone else ... completely lost the will or want to play this game?
Not me. I keep wanting to play every day as many features and missions of the game as I can, including advancing all my characters in the duty officer system, and now, building fleet starbases.

I have been playing non-stop nearly every day since STO officially launched. I did take a slight break for a week to try Champions Online, but then I got right back into STO

LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-01-2012, 12:58 PM
I flip flop between Star Trek Online, Champions Online, Rusty Hearts, and ****.
Skyrim helps though.
Captain
# 13
08-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Monogamy is for the real Star Trek fans.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Empire Veteran
# 14
08-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Admittedly I play less than I used too in the past due to a lack of desire.
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....

R.I.P
Captain
# 15
08-01-2012, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignman View Post
Monogamy is for the real Star Trek fans.
Since I routinely play a dozen different MMOs I guess that makes me the Mormon Trekker.
Captain
# 16
08-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Season 6 hasn't done anything for me. I found a great bunch of fellas that are almost all in fleets. A couple of times I grinded the new tholian missions with them and got some good info on my ship build. It was mostly fun, I got a few fleet marks. But, I'm not in a fleet.

Plus, for some reason, in the past week or so I have had stupid problems with rubber banding and lag. I've been able to launch, but when I do there are times when it looks like I load in- and the trays are empty. Then there's the times when it looks like I loaded, the trays are full, but none of the buttons on the DOFF or inventory screens work. I just have to sit there for five minutes to let it stop lagging or boot me off when I transfer maps.

Believe it or not the tailor bug is potentially the straw that broke the camels back.
I've been focusing on Cure Ground with my Klingon alt because I want the Mk XII KHG armor set. All I need in the Proto gun tech. But, with the bug, there's no point. If I can't use the tailor to display the set visuals, there's no point in trying to get the whole set.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
08-01-2012, 02:12 PM
I play in a small fleet and at first the new starbase stuff was exciting but reality has been setting in at just how much of an ungodly grind it will be. Had some fun on tholian world, but with nerfs to that and the realization of the grind ahead of us for building the base up, my interest in spending hours playing has once again passed.
post a comment on this webzone if you want a pizza roll
Career Officer
# 18
08-01-2012, 02:56 PM
I have. I'm just burned out on the endless grind, and that fact we still don't have our android variants.
----
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
08-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kandorous View Post
I play in a small fleet and at first the new starbase stuff was exciting but reality has been setting in at just how much of an ungodly grind it will be. Had some fun on tholian world, but with nerfs to that and the realization of the grind ahead of us for building the base up, my interest in spending hours playing has once again passed.
This is starting to be my feeling too.

I lead a small fleet of around 20 and we did a great job getting up to Tier I, but now the stretch of resources before us is beyond daunting and my excitement and motivation to play is being sapped very quickly. There's just way too much grinding for what amounts to little reward.

Do this for that, do this for that, do this for that, contribute, enjoy some plants, repeat ad nauseum.

Not sure how long I'll last.
Commander
# 20
08-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinru821 View Post
completely lost the will or want to play this game?

Or is it just me lol.

Just a general question.. Ive been playing now 650+ days.. on and off, and this starbase stuff just seems SOO muchhh like another job lol.. why cant we atleast transfer fleet credits.. so I can not play the same damn toon day in and day out to get enough points for a ship.

Sigh.
When it went F2P and our Overlords shoved their will down our throats and snatched our wallets...

I only drop by from time to time to help my fleet and see some friends; I mainly play TOR..but it is going F2P too so I might leave that if it goes PWE all over again...but compared to PWE I think EA has more of a soul then our dear leaders.
EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.

Last edited by xenor002; 08-02-2012 at 08:36 PM.