Lt. Commander
# 71
07-28-2008, 07:50 AM
I can't think of a better company to have at the head of this, perhaps the most important MMO development in the history of online games. Remember that character customization is nearly as important to this game as it was to CoH. Though I would like to see a bit more uniformness in the uniforms...uniform uniform...aye.

Look to EVE for your space travel influence, because that game has a pretty good lock on that aspect. Perhaps taking a look at where Earth and Beyond went wrong would be a good idea as well.

All in all I can't relate just how excited I am that Cryptic is at the reigns on this one. Live long, and prosper!
Lt. Commander
# 72
07-28-2008, 08:09 AM
Maybe I missed it somewhere but I cant seem to find out where to purchase the game from. I would a CE if possible.
Lt. Commander
# 73
07-28-2008, 08:17 AM
I am glad I will be able to write in my Captain Log:

Star date -314428.9617486338 I WAS THERE!

Let's the *dream* begin!

Thank You Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 74
07-28-2008, 08:31 AM
I've been a trek fan ever since TNG. I use to watch it every saturday night with my old girlfriend who got me into the show. I never missed an episode of TNG and went to tons of Star Trek conventions meeting a lot of the folks who were on the show. I got into DS9, but it never captured my attention like TNG did. Watched Voyager and enjoyed that series for the most part and I honesty really liked Enterprise, but felt the pulled it just as the series was starting to come into its own. I had watched all the regular Star trek movies, but as I was young when the regular series was on NBC I never really could identify with that crew.

I really look forward to this game! The MMO market is flooded with fantasy games and most of them arent worth playing. There are only a few games coming out in the future devoted to the Sci Fi market and Cyptic can really hit a home run if this game is done right. Wish you all the best and I hope in the future I can in someway help shape the game either through suggestion or actually helping test to make this the best representation of the Star Trek Universe it can be.
Lt. Commander
# 75
07-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Wow, TWO major MMO projects in development at the same time? Good luck Jack, if anyone can pull this off successfully, it will be Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 76
07-28-2008, 08:52 AM
So far, I'm pretty impressed with the marketing going into STO. Shows a real commitment from Cryptic and gives us an idea of where we are heading, right out of the gate.

Kudos!
Lt. Commander
# 77
07-28-2008, 08:57 AM
I do really hope that startrek IP is in safe hands, this time.
Lt. Commander
# 78
07-28-2008, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticFringer View Post
It is most excellent to see the ball rolling on this project again. Thank you Cryptic for not letting Trek die!
Amen to that!!!!

Greetings from Germany
Lt. Commander
# 79 Release?
07-28-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm assuming this project is not far enough along as yet to announce anything that looks like a time frame for release? Sundry technical details, such as system requirements are TBA as well, I guess?

Looking forward to the successful launch of ST:O.
Lt. Commander
# 80
07-28-2008, 09:45 AM
So looking forward to this, thanks cryptic!