Career Officer
# 31
08-02-2012, 04:31 PM
I gave up on season six right about the time when I found out that the devs want you to grind grind grind, and then pay for the stuff ontop of the grind with real money. Its one or the other, but not both!
The icing on the cake for me was finding out just how lame the supposed fleet weapons are after the huge grind.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-02-2012, 10:46 PM
And if the fleet ships were easy to get in a month everyone would be complaining about being bored with nothing to do. Don't worry about the fleet ships. If you are in a decent sized fleet they will come in time.
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Quote:
And if the fleet ships were easy to get in a month everyone would be complaining about being bored with nothing to do. Don't worry about the fleet ships. If you are in a decent sized fleet they will come in time.
Exactly the point of this thread. A "decent sized fleet" is HUGE for the requirements. Seriously, if a fleet of (what was it...) around 200 can't muster the will to continue on... what about us with, maybe 20 people?

fun thing is, some people say that starbases are "just something else to do alongside Doff and all." Well, before starbases came out I knew people who were nearly maxed with the doff system XP bars, and had swapped nearly their entire cast to purple-quality ones. So... what are they supposed to do? Buy white ones since they can't contribute to the low level white duty officer requirements?
Career Officer
# 34
08-03-2012, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalavier View Post
Exactly the point of this thread. A "decent sized fleet" is HUGE for the requirements. Seriously, if a fleet of (what was it...) around 200 can't muster the will to continue on... what about us with, maybe 20 people?

fun thing is, some people say that starbases are "just something else to do alongside Doff and all." Well, before starbases came out I knew people who were nearly maxed with the doff system XP bars, and had swapped nearly their entire cast to purple-quality ones. So... what are they supposed to do? Buy white ones since they can't contribute to the low level white duty officer requirements?
Considering that the cost of common DOFF's has risen to stupid levels on the exchange, obtaining many isn't really an option for everyone.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Commander
# 35
08-03-2012, 03:31 AM
my medium sized fleet rolled through tier 1 pretty good but half way to tier 2 we have stalled due do duty officers. its really bursting our bubble and starting to deflate our commitment

Ensign
# 36
08-03-2012, 04:32 AM
Biggest problem with the star bases as i see it is that what should be the main attraction - the fleet ships - Is just..well more of the same, In my fleet which is a large one one 1 person have bought a fleet ship, Most of the others don't feel like they get a return of investment on the fleet ships and who can blame them.

This was the opportunity for cryptic to do something exiting with their ships and basically all they gave was more of the same and in some cases something really bad (seriously look at the stats of the Aquarius and tell me it is worth investing in).

I do however think that not much is needed to change this, What players want is something new to play around in, Something different and that could be done really simple - Make all the boff stations on Fleet ships universal (or perhaps all boff stations except the commander station) - a good part of the players could get months of excitement out of trying different combinations and it would set the fleet ships apart from most of the rest of the ships.
Career Officer
# 37
08-03-2012, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankalot42o View Post
my medium sized fleet rolled through tier 1 pretty good but half way to tier 2 we have stalled due do duty officers. its really bursting our bubble and starting to deflate our commitment
Same problem, and I have to admit, in view of said issue the novelty has worn off now.

I only really use two toons, both in different fleets.

The first fleet is doing okay, and is very close to reaching tier 1, but appears to have stalled due to no-one having common security DOFF's to contribute.

The second fleet seems to have stalled altogether, around halfway through tier 0. I am top contributor for this one, but have nothing left to contribute now (other than fleet points, but all the projects are full on those). And it's been 'stuck' for well over a week now.

Now, in the case of the second fleet I referred to, what do I do? I can't contribute anything other than fleet points, which are not required to get the projects underway. I like the fleet, and the fleet 'leader', and have a good position within it, but it just isn't getting anywhere.

Another problem is that the second fleet is the one that my science officer is a member of - I've been desperate for a T5 fleet science vessel (Nova class) but can see that, at the rate things are moving, we'd be at season 8 before this fleet gets anywhere near a Tier 3 Starbase.

The first fleet, which my tac toon is a member of, is doing okay, will probably reach tier 3 sooner - but I am not quite as desperate for a tier 3 tac ship as I am for the T5 Nova.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
# 38
08-03-2012, 07:42 AM
I'm in a very small fleet. We never expected to go beyond Tier 1. We're not buying the doffs at those crazy prices and I figure the prices will drop after a bit anyway.

My only complaint is tying services like bank and mail to tier number. I'd prefer to see all bases have all amenities that, say, Academy does. What should differentiate tiers should be non-amenities like customization and defense/offense capabilities. I don't expect a Tier 1 to have the capabilities of ESD but basic terminals? Yes...
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-03-2012, 09:41 AM
I can sum this whole thread up in a few words....

The crazy grind for SBs is in no way fun or rewarding.

If it stays like this it will only hurt the game, it needs to be fixed yesterday.
Commander
# 40
08-03-2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by recksracer View Post
I can sum this whole thread up in a few words....

The crazy grind for SBs is in no way fun or rewarding.

If it stays like this it will only hurt the game, it needs to be fixed yesterday.
*points up*

This.