Ok. I have just spent a decent amount of time reading through EVERY post. My 2 cents.
1. I am really surprised that nobody has talked about the Jupiter Dreadnought. The build that was selected on the Jupiter thread was a battleship that was balanced. (I will post a link once I find it again.)
I would sincerely hope hat there could be several different skins for such a ship. ^^
2. Till the devs add that, which I doubt sadly, again nobody really touched on this. Carriers? anybody?
This thread is about a Tactical Com, Tactical Lt Com ship - carriers (real carriers, with the below exception) are Sci Commander ships, and, while cool, an entirely different lot.
3. If you dont like the Atrox, then get the Recluse Carrier and put a com. tac in the U-slot. still has fighers, lost of heath, dual heavy cannons, and strong Boff layout.
Yes, my hope is since there now is a ship in the game that can be made sort of like 66% battleship by virtue of its universal Commander slot, there might also be other ships that do not get pressed into the strange "tactical ships must be agile and fragile" pattern which is so unintuitive for so many people.
Note: The role of the Dreadnought is to engage large tactical cruisers, flagships, carriers, and other support vessels with superior firepower and the ability to sustain significant damage from enemy escorts as it closes to effective range.
At point-blank range, the Dreadnought's firepower advantage is reduced by a lack of manuverability. However, the Dreadnought is able to assume a limited tactical support role for the escorts that normally accompany it into battle with its damage control capabilities and can continue to engage the larger and slower support ships of the enemy.
huh missed this. this is a good compromise. it does not make it overly powerful and not completely suck with enough eng boff powers to tank
what the capital weapon would be would be interesting
So, when presented with the option of what you want, you don't want it?
Look at your own post above, the fleet vor'cha fits exactly what you said.
1. There is currently no Fleet Vor'cha visible on Tribble.
2. If there was one, it would probably be like a Fleet Assault Cruiser, so no, not a Commander tact/Lt Commander Tact ship, but merely a Com Eng/Lt Com tact ship.