Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Commander
# 21
08-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by allyoftheforce View Post
Not to argue, but even Gene would disagree with you. You do remember the scene of half clothed Orion women dancing? Or any of the "dresses" that some of the women wore in TOS? All his idea.
Amen to that! Once heard an interview with Roddenberry where he mentioned that he had often been accused of portraying women as sex objects. An accusation which he proudly confirmed. But he said it was okay. He wasn't sexist. He often portrayed men as sex objects as well heheheh (in fact he said he'd been a sex object, on occasion, himself and it was great fun!)

Remember, Nature designed us to engage in sex as both a PROcreational as well as a RECreational activity - don't knock it if ya ain't tried it -
ZOE: "Sir! You paid money for this?... on purpose??"

KIRK: "Excuse me... what does God need with a starship?"
Captain
# 22
08-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Um... those uniforms... look uncomfortable to wear... I don't like the idea of wearing an all rubber skintight suit. You could overheat if you wear it long enough...
Captain
# 23
08-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax6996 View Post
Amen to that! Once heard an interview with Roddenberry where he mentioned that he had often been accused of portraying women as sex objects. An accusation which he proudly confirmed. But he said it was okay. He wasn't sexist. He often portrayed men as sex objects as well heheheh (in fact he said he'd been a sex object, on occasion, himself and it was great fun!)

Remember, Nature designed us to engage in sex as both a PROcreational as well as a RECreational activity - don't knock it if ya ain't tried it -
Remember, sexism and admiring the goods are very different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharkan View Post
Does it count if i use google?
No.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Actually, as far as those outfits are concerned, the only thing I dislike is the tight pants + shoes look. So ugly. Skin-tight pants REQUIRE boots! Latex itself is cool, although it gets a bad rap thanks to close-minded people who associate it with "bad sinful sexual deviants" or something ridiculous like that.

Or they're allergic, in which case their dislike is totally warranted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
What if said (person) could name all Kamen Riders in order of appearance? Would it count then?
I have no idea who or what those are, so if they're something obscure and underground...then yeah, I'd retract the bear pic for the person in question.

Most of my characters suck | I suck at Twitter, too!