Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
# 11
08-03-2012, 12:01 PM
20 seconds on average to pull one item from fleet bank. 5 seconds for the personal bank.
STF Elite Advanced Tactics
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Even though there are tons of threads and posts on this, I feel I must continue to display my annoyance with this bank lag issue. It is THE MOST ANNOYING thing in the game right now, for me. Even more-so than the dilithium system that I loathe so very much.

[ Raptr ] [ @zebular | Join Date: Dec 2007 | @Captain_Ralubez ] [ BIOs ]
Career Officer
# 13
08-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Yeah, to say this is annoying would be like saying sulphuric acid doesn't taste very good. Well okay, maybe not. But c'mon Cryptic, we've got stuff to do other than stand around at our local bank console, after first strafing left and right for a few minutes to find one of the increasingly rare interactable spots, to then wait while the thing queues up the six items we dragged to inventory on its TO-DO list.

It's an off and on thing for me. Sometimes it makes me wait. Then it doesn't. And then it does again. But not many people go to the bank to spend half an hour there. We 'swing by' the bank to get some large hypos on the way to our next STF. Chop-chop!

Also, on a possibly related note, some of the vendors and replicator seem to have this lag as well. My guess is it's got to do with the starbases. The number of items changing location, being created or being removed at any given moment has probably increased (several) tenfold(s) with season 6. Might be an unforeseen stress issue. And there's only one way to fix those. (Which I'm guessing is probably why the damn spacesuits cost an arm, a leg and half a firstborn. Unexpected expenses.)
Reave

Last edited by hrisvalar; 08-03-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
08-03-2012, 02:04 PM
I have a character stuck now because of this mess.

It says "could not log out one of your characters try again later."

Good thing they could all get together to go to Vegas because this issue isn't game breaking.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Career Officer
Since Season 6 hit there has been severe lag when using the fleet bank. Now it is doing something new: after using the fleet bank on 2 different accounts I can no longer log into the game.

The error states: "Could not log out one of your existing characters."

The game was fine until I opened the fleet bank on both accounts, so that seems to be the culprit.

Restarting the computer/game client doesn't help. I can't play until this is addressed.

Update: After about 15 minutes the account seems to time out and I can log in again. Not going to use the fleet bank until this is fixed.

Last edited by pwforum00001; 08-03-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Career Officer
The UI lag is completely ridiculous. The stuff I wanted to put in the bank has finally got in after 10 freaking minutes. Same thing with trying to send team invites, moving the inventory, trading, and the exchange. All took 10 freaking minutes. Do something about it, jeez.
Career Officer
# 17
08-03-2012, 02:55 PM
Yes, for the love of _______ (insert deity here) please fix this issue. Was trying to do some fleet banking at Starfleet Academy, finally gave up and attempted to beam to sector. After 10 minutes of waiting (Solitare is a great time killer....) I was timed out. It took three attemps to log my character back in after that (safe transfer to last non mission map). Turns out the bank transfers were messing up my characters' movements from instance to instance.

This is only getting worse. PLEASE move this issue to the top of the to do list.

Thanks in advance.........???
I used to have f/x, till my video card took a S9 to the knee...
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
08-03-2012, 02:59 PM
post in bug reports maybe ?
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
08-03-2012, 03:07 PM
having the same issues here......which also include fleet invites...equiping items, etc. @rrincy why put it there, when no one looks at those forums. Atleast here maybe the playerbase will see is and draw enough attention to it to get a hotfix in. This really is making the game unplayable
STOP THE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
Career Officer
# 20
08-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfleetmaco View Post
The UI lag is completely ridiculous. The stuff I wanted to put in the bank has finally got in after 10 freaking minutes. Same thing with trying to send team invites, moving the inventory, trading, and the exchange. All took 10 freaking minutes. Do something about it, jeez.
Simply lag between client and server, nothing to be done expect trying to fix ur internet or try a proxy.