Career Officer
# 11
08-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
This has never worked for me.
I never found what the refining login message was. Now I have.

By the way, I don't understand why this article didn't came way sooner.
Career Officer
# 12
08-02-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talgeeze View Post
I never found what the refining login message was. Now I have.

By the way, I don't understand why this article didn't came way sooner.
The one that says 'Dilithium Refining Failed' every time I log in or change zones?
----
Empire Veteran
# 13
08-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
No, the term i'm looking for is exactly as stated: There isn't any money in the 23rd/24th/25th Century

Granted, there have been numerous contradictions throughout the years. But overall, they keep getting back to the idea that "The Federation no longer has a monetary economy system".

Confirmed, No money:
- ST: The Voyage Home; Gillian: "Don't tell me they don't use money in the 23rd century", Kirk: "Well, we don't."
- ST: Deep Space Nine (In the Cards); Jake Sisko: "I'm Human, I don't have any money."
- ST: Voyager (Dark Frontier); Paris: "When the New World Economy took shape in the late 22nd century and money went the way of the dinosaur, Fort Knox was turned into a museum."

Contradictions:
- ST: Undiscovered Country; McCoy: "Maybe it's a retirement party?" Scotty: "That suits me, I just bought a boat."
- ST: Voyager (The Gift); Janeway: "Tuvok's meditation lamp. I was with him when he got it six years ago from a Vulcan master, who doubled the price when he saw our Starfleet insignias."

And then we have this one...

Picard: "The economics of the future is somewhat different. You see, money doesn't exist in the 24th century... The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in our lives. We work to better ourselves and the rest of Humanity."
But the fact still remains, this is a game, and all games need some sort of currency... and STO is soft canon at best, so it can stretch those 'contradictions' just a little.

And about your player-economy... where would the profit to the devs be in that?
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Captain
# 14
08-02-2012, 03:02 PM
For the record, the gold member auto-refine only works if you DO NOT refine on a day in which you have unrefined dilithium. Then it'll autorefine when the dayroll hits.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
08-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Whether we like Dilithium or not, it is a very good article explaining the system in detail ... which is its purpose. Keep these types of articles coming in!
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 16
08-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Well Dilithium kinda became worthless once you put all the other currencies in the game.
All end game gear should be made available to buy via Dilithium and that includes all the Borg gear in the stf vendor.
All the time they are not, Dilithium is just another form of EC....
Career Officer
# 17
08-02-2012, 06:55 PM
so instead of fixing things that became broken because of Cryptic's fumblings [cough]nukara[/cough]

they release, instead, an article about a currency system that's been in place for the better part of a year now?

cryptic fix things already [cough]exchange[/cough]

no i don't need a cough drop, but thanks to the first person to offer one
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 18
08-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by argent007 View Post
so instead of fixing things that became broken because of Cryptic's fumblings [cough]nukara[/cough]

they release, instead, an article about a currency system that's been in place for the better part of a year now?

cryptic fix things already [cough]exchange[/cough]

no i don't need a cough drop, but thanks to the first person to offer one
Need a cough drop?

I actually wrote the blog, therefore, no time was taken away from fixing anything I don't dev/ fix bugs. Rest assured that the dev team is hard at work everyday addressing issues that QA, the Community, and the Devs find, and is getting fixes into the game as fast as they can (make sure to watch the Release Notes forum). Sometimes things take more time, like the exchange, but if you are watching the Dev tracker, you've seen a few posts lately addressing these and mentioning that more fixes are on the way. Some fixes were even included in the last couple patches.

Dilithium has been in-game for quite sometime, but we decided to publish this article now because we are seeing more players than ever. It's an important aspect of the game and it can be confusing at times. You'll continue to see articles like this, and Guest Blogs written by the community, that continue educating players, new and old, on some of the game's features.

Also, thanks to everyone who submitted feedback in this thread about the article! Please continue to do so as I will build on it as it is published from month to month.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Empire Veteran
# 19
08-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Need a cough drop?

I actually wrote the blog, therefore, no time was taken away from fixing anything I don't dev/ fix bugs. Rest assured that the dev team is hard at work everyday addressing issues that QA, the Community, and the Devs find, and is getting fixes into the game as fast as they can (make sure to watch the Release Notes forum). Sometimes things take more time, like the exchange, but if you are watching the Dev tracker, you've seen a few posts lately addressing these and mentioning that more fixes are on the way. Some fixes were even included in the last couple patches.

Dilithium has been in-game for quite sometime, but we decided to publish this article now because we are seeing more players than ever. It's an important aspect of the game and it can be confusing at times. You'll continue to see articles like this, and Guest Blogs written by the community, that continue educating players, new and old, on some of the game's features.

Also, thanks to everyone who submitted feedback in this thread about the article! Please continue to do so as I will build on it as it is published from month to month.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
We don't rest anymore we pop cough drops and grind dilithium (You would think though with the rise in KDF players I've seen based on that we would get some love for once for the KDF)

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 08-02-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Career Officer
# 20
08-03-2012, 12:50 AM
The Pi Canis sorties for KDF provided dilithium until a few patches ago (nothing was in the release notes about it being removed) -- can I assume this is a bug?
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)