Lieutenant
# 1 Help with Foundry
12-30-2012, 06:38 PM
I am creating a Foundry mission, a two part one at that. Everything is pretty much flawless until I get to the indoor stage of the mission. You start off on the bridge, and have to take the lift down to Engineering (or, what was suppose to be engineering, anyways). Problem is, lift on bridge is not functional so I just added a Wall - Door 01 overlapping the current non-working door there. Problem is, when I interact with it, nothing happens. I created a new map for the level I was wanting it to go to. I must be doing something wrong. Also, how do I make it go to the new map without the exit dialog everytime you add a new map to the storyline?
Primary Character: Ramin
Ship: U.S.S. Versailles (Assault Cruiser: Strategic Ops/Support)
Specialty: Tactical, long range/assault
Lieutenant
# 2
12-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Ok, to clear things up, I'm trying to do a map transition without the stupid dialogue. It seems to me that Foundry was better before their 'fix' to it. I know I do it all the time on a Cryptic in the social areas. But what about on custom to custom map? Is map transitioning without a dialogue no longer possible?
Captain
# 3
12-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlonghorn View Post
Ok, to clear things up, I'm trying to do a map transition without the stupid dialogue. It seems to me that Foundry was better before their 'fix' to it. I know I do it all the time on a Cryptic in the social areas. But what about on custom to custom map? Is map transitioning without a dialogue no longer possible?
It's never been possible. Anytime you go from one map to the next, you have to deal with the traffic police who say, "Are you ready to enter, Captain?" You can't transition without making the player go through the map transition dialogue.

By the way, you can get instant answers to questions like these in the sbugc chat room.
Lieutenant
# 4
12-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Oh ok. Thanks.